Prominent Reno, NV Restaurant seeks a sensational cook. The cook will provide "excellent quality" and "presentation" of all food to the guests on a timely basis and is responsible for ongoing training and communicating these standards to the staff.
Candidate must possess excellent problem-solving skills and be able to work under busy conditions, stay positive and above all provide excellent customer experience.
This position starts ASAP.
• Check freshness of food and ingredients
• Learn recipes and presentation of the food
• Ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
• Work with and train other food preparation workers
• Follow sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
• Rectify arising problems or complaints
• 1years experience as a cook preferred.
• Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively within a team.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
• Be able to safely lift up to 20 to 25 pounds
Einstein Bros Bagels is looking for a hard working individual to fill a Sandwich Maker position. Applicants for this position should have at least one year of back of house restaurant experience, and should be comfortable working quickly and efficiently in a fast paced, high volume restaurant setting.
Duties for this position include: maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of our menu, working with pace in order to neatly and efficiently prepare orders, adhering to proper food handling and safety standards, maintaining a clean work station throughout the shift, and cleaning/preparing the restaurant for the next day at closing while demonstrating an attention to detail.
Applicants should be available to work from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Compensation for this position is $12.00 per hour.
JOB TITLE: Line Cook
The Line Cook is an essential function at Bully's Sports Bar and Grill. Line Cooks are responsible for maintaining the standards of food safety, food preparation and presentation for our guests. Keeping the customer satisfied and providing a consistent product in all locations is what Bully’s strives for.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow that persons with disability to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to make adjustments to thermostat controls to regulate temperature of oven, broilers, grills, cook and hold ovens and steam tables.
2. Measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipe and menu items.
3. Preparation of food for service (e.g. cutting, chopping, slicing vegetable, fruits, meats, breads).
4. Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
5. Stock inventory appropriately.
6. Deep frying, grilling, baking and broiling food items to required temperatures.
7. Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
8. Observing and assuring quality control of foods by tasting, smelling, and uses trained techniques to assure all items are prepared correctly and compliant with all county health codes.
9. Cleaning, preparing and portioning necessary ingredients and food items to get ready for service.
10. Completing all daily duties assigned by management.
11. Checking temperatures, dates, rotating products to assure food safety standards is a daily job duty.
12. Maintaining a clean and sterile workstation including all utensils, pots, and pans; consistent with all county health codes to reduce the risk of food borne illness.
13. Does dishes when no busser-dishwasher is on duty.
14. Attention to detail, ability to read tickets, work in a fast paced, quick changing environment.
15. Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
16. Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
17. Familiar with industry’s best practices.
18. Must have full knowledge of and mastered all stations on the line.
19. Assists with training of General Cook on each station on the line.
20. Ensures that food comes out simultaneously in a high quality and timely fashion.
21. Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
22. Maintains a positive attitude toward Bully’s and fellow employees; focuses on solving conflict; does not engage in gossip or blaming; listens to others; keeps emotions under control; acts in a professional manner and places company business first.
23. Will attend all mandatory meetings.
24. All other duties as assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Environment of work
This work operates in a kitchen environment. This function is a very fast paced environment and must be treated as such. Provide additional assistance to other team members to providing the best customer service to our customers is essential. Our goal is to serve customers in a professional and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and Crouch or kneel. Frequently, the employee must lift moving objects up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or moving objects up to 50 lbs.
The days and hours of work vary according to business levels and store schedule requirements. Evenings and weekend work are frequently required.
Education and experience required
1. Some commercial kitchen experience preferred but willing to train the right person.
2. Prefer high school diploma but not mandatory, should be capable of reading and writing and understand the instructions given by the Kitchen Manager, General Manager, Assistant Kitchen Manager, or Assistant General Manager.
3. Ability to read and understand the labels of chemical products.
Please note that this description is not intended to cover or contain an all exclusive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Roles, responsibilities and activities can be changed at any time with or without notice.