Berman, Berman, Berman, Schneider & Lowary LLP, has an opening in their Roseville, CA office for a full-time Legal Assistant that can provide legal and administrative assistance to the attorneys by performing complex secretarial tasks. This position requires a professional, highly motivated and organized individual capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work as a team and under the direction of assigned attorneys. Experience with insurance defense is strongly desired.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· 5+ years of experience as a Legal Secretary specializing in litigation, preferably "insurance defense."
· Knowledge of state and federal court filing procedures.
· Proficient in Word, Adobe Standard, Legal Solutions Plus and Microsoft Outlook.
· Ability to proofread, correctly format and question any inconsistencies in all materials.
· Ability to transcribe voicemails and other audio clips from time to time.
· Practical knowledge of scheduling court hearings, conference calls, depositions, meetings, and coordinating travel arrangements for attorneys.
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to most efficiently accomplish firm and client goals.
· Ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities.
· Typing skills of 65+ wpm.
· Prepare drafts and revise, format and finalize a wide variety of documents, including discovery, correspondence, memorandum, agreements, and legal pleadings.
· Search various court requirements and filing fees.
· Review incoming correspondence and pleadings for important dates/calendaring.
· Establish and maintain electronic files via indexing in compliance with current firm policies. We are a paperless firm.
Ardelle Associates is seeking a paralegal to support the United States Department of Justice in Sacramento.
• Consult prescribed sources of information for facts relating to matters of interest to the Program;
• Review documents to extract selected data and information relating to specific items;
• Review cases for specific indicia and make recommendations concerning additional information which should be requested;
• Attend hearings or court appearances to become informed on administrative and/or court procedures and the status of cases and prepare written reports concerning observations;
• Communicate orally and in writing in a professional manner with attorneys, parties, court personnel and others;
• Timely and accurately enter information into systems, including calendars, files and program system databases (ACMS, SARS, etc.);
• Review, sort, deliver and save electronic and paper mail and other communications;
• Assist with file creation, preparation and organization; and
• Assist with preparation for hearings, including the preparation and organization of pleadings, exhibits, witnesses and other related matters.
Social Security Disability Law Firm with an immediate opening for an entry-level position on our client intake team. This person will be the first point of contact with potential clients. This position will involve extensive phone contact with potential clients. Preferable candidates will have some customer service and/or inbound/outbound phone experience.
Job duties include:
• Frequent telephone and email contact with potential clients
• Gathering information from potential clients to help Attorneys determine if their case meets the Firm's case criteria
• Management of the beginning stages of the client relationship
• Use of case management software
• Attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
• Some administrative duties as needed
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to enter the legal field. We are looking for candidates who will join our team long-term.
Position is full-time, 40 hours per week. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration.
Disability and Litigation Law Firm seeks friendly and enthusiastic Legal Assistant to assist with the beginning stages of the Client’s case. Job duties include:
· Conducting several client interview appointments each day to gather information needed for Social Security Disability application
· Preparing the initial application paperwork package to be filed and sent to the Social Security Administration
· Filing the application paperwork online
· Frequent telephone and e-mail contact with clients
· Providing excellent service to the Client
· Use of legal management software
· Attention to detail in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· The ability to conduct yourself with the utmost professionalism
· Some administrative assistant duties as needed
This entry-level position is perfect for someone looking to enter the legal environment. Customer service and/or administrative experience is highly desired, but not required.
Position is full-time, 40 hours per week. Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration by replying to this posting.