Position: SUD Counselor
Closing Date: Open till filled
Status: Regular, Full time, Non- Exempt
Wage: $16.50 - $17.50 DOE and certification
Hours: 40 hours per week, schedule varies
Location: Santa Rosa
: California Human Development (CHD) is a private, non-profit, human services program serving the Northern California Area. Athena House is a long term residential treatment facility serving adult women who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. The program features a safe, supportive environment in which women who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol may recover and re-enter the mainstream of society, remain out of the criminal justice system and maintain continuous sobriety.
: The Counselor is expected to provide individual and group counseling for women in residential treatment. In addition, the Counselor is expected to perform administrative work at the direction of the Assistant Director and/or Division Director.
See full job description on our website: http://californiahumandevelopment.org/about-chd/employment-opportunities/
· Submit your résumé or application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 707.542.7479
· Applications can be downloaded from our website at www.cahumandevelopment.orghttp://californiahumandevelopment.org/about-chd/employment-opportunities/
· Please reference Job Title when submitting your application/résumé.
· Cover letters may be included with your submission, but please do not include letters of reference/recommendation or other supporting documents.
· Continuous recruitments may close without notice at any time that a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Job Title: Direct Support Professional/Caregiver Requirements:
Pay starts at $16.00 / hour.
- 18 years or older and with a minimum of 2 years of driving experience.
- Hold a valid CA driver's license and clean DMV record.
- Must pass criminal background check (FBI and DOJ clearance, history of no misdemeanors or felonies).
- Pass employment physical and meet physical requirements of job, including a TB Test.
- Hold current CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to acquire them.
- Knowledge of medication administration/MAR.
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
- Love of people; focus on a person centered philosophy.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
-Sick, vacation and PTO benefits provided for ALL staff including part time employees. On Duty meals provided.
-Health, Vision, dental, Acupuncture, Chiro benefits available for full time staff working a minimum of 35 hours/week. -Most shifts are 1:30pm and later up till 10 or 11pm M-F. Sat-Sun 7am-10 or 11 pm.
Check out our website at www.calprogramsautistic.org or our Facebook page. C.P.A. is an equal opportunity employer. Job Types: Full-time
Hanna Boys Center is a private nonprofit which provides a therapeutic, residential school program to underserved adolescent boys. The Archbishop Hanna Teacher is responsible for planning instruction and/or making adaptations to the general curriculum to enable students to benefit from their education. The teacher is expected to communicate with parents and cottage staff in regard to student accommodations and modifications and be must be able to report to and participate on multidisciplinary evaluation teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respect the Center’s faith, education and caring Catholic values.
· Will serve as part of the high school teaching staff
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with at risk-youth
· Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
· School day duty hours are between 8:00 – 3:30. Until 4:30 one day weekly
· B.A. or greater in content area. Experience preferred, but not required. Successful student teaching experience required. State teaching certificate, or ability to be certified by the start of the 2019-20 school year.
· Experience working with at risk-youth.
· Training or endorsements in Reading and Math highly desirable.
· Ability to work supportively with other staff to achieve common goals.
· Ability and knowledge to create and teach a sequential reading program.
REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a criminal background check and physical, including a drug and TB test. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be covered under our insurance. Ability to be certified in CPR/First Aid, community water safety and crisis intervention. Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in related field or experience working with children, however others who are interested may apply. Please submit resume and cover letter to:
The Red Grape restaurant in Sonoma is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team. We are a fast paced, well established restaurant that serves the Sonoma community as well as the bustling tourist trade. Experience a plus, but we are happy to train the right person. Apply in person at:
529 1st Street West
Sonoma, CA 95476
Oakmont Gardens, a large senior living community is accepting applications for Cook. Working for MBK Senior Living is more than a job - it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for team members to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
Positions available include Part Time, Full Time, Day and Afternoon/Evening shifts usually no later than 7:00 p.m.
We offer a rich benefit package including; competitive salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off. Please apply in person at 301 White Oak Drive, Santa Rosa or reply via email.
JOB TITLE: Innkeeper & Winery Hospitality Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Inn & Winery
REPORTS TO: Hospitality and Operations Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Beltane Ranch is a historic Inn, Winery, & Event Space in Sonoma Valley. The ranch is focused offering guests a unique hospitality experience and exceptional ranch-grown food and wine, agricultural education, relaxation and exploration. Beltane Ranch prides itself in offering a fun and supportive work environment.
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Innkeeper greets and checks-in guests, facilitates food & wine service, and ensures a positive guest experience. Responsibilities include taking and modifying reservations, educating clients on the property's wines, activities, history and current events as well as assisting with planning off premise reservations.
The candidate must always keep the workspace, kitchen and guest common areas clean and tidy, bake cookies, make and serve cheese boards, wash dishes, restock items, finish laundry, and set the table. The position will show property to potential special event clients and assist the hospitality staff in a variety of roles.
The right candidate will have an interest in wine, and will gain wine knowledge and experience with this position.
This position includes the option to work additional hours as a special event server. In this function the candidate will work some additional days and evenings throughout the season setting up for events, serving food & wine and cleaning up/breaking down. An interest in wine, restaurant or banquet service experience is a plus.
Warm, upbeat personality is a must. Availability on weekends is essential
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
· Excellent communication skills & phone etiquette
· Team player
· Knowledge of or interest in wine, food, local restaurants, wineries & activities
· Computer experience
· Warm, welcoming demeanor and upbeat personality
· Professional appearance
· Ability to multi-task and complete assignments with multiple interruptions
· Solid organizational skills
· Effective problem-solving
· High energy
·Hours: Schedule shifts vary and include 9am-4pm or 1pm-7pm, 3-5 days a week with Event Service opportunities based on availability. Availability on weekends is a must.
• Compensation BOE.
TO APPLY: Please send brief introduction/cover letter and resume
K&L Bistro is looking for a server, a Busser and a host. All shifts are mostly nights and weekends. Servers must have experience.
The Hotel La Rose, a 48 room boutique hotel, is located in the heart of Historic Railroad Square, Santa Rosa, and we are in search for an independent, but team oriented Housekeeper who will be responsible for thoroughly cleaning to Hotel's established cleaning standards the assigned guest rooms and work within a flexible schedule based on Hotel occupancy.
The Key Responsibilities:
-Change all linen in check out rooms and in stay over rooms as indicated by guests.
-Clean bathrooms, replace all used supplies and amenities as directed.
-Dust and vacuum all assigned rooms.
-Maintain linen and storage rooms in an orderly conditions.
-Providing guest services & accommodating guest needs.
-Restocking supply for guest rooms.
-Related duties that may be assigned.
Interested? Please be bold and apply. Please also reply to this ad.
Hanna Boys Center is a private nonprofit which provides a therapeutic, residential school program to underserved adolescent boys. Additionally, Hanna provides training and consultative services through the Hanna Institute, in the area of childhood trauma, to other youth serving organizations. We work collaboratively with these organizations to help them improve care and enhance program outcomes.
The Youth Counselor is responsible for supervising the daily living experience and for providing a consistent and caring environment for each resident under their care. This includes teaching socially appropriate skills, planning trips and activities, helping with homework, providing discipline, and teaching appropriate conflict resolution.
The Youth Counselor acts as a positive adult role model in all areas by demonstrating and developing positive interactive relationships while establishing clear boundaries for the residents. Additionally, Youth Counselors are expected to implement treatment approaches and or techniques which include Restorative Practice, Life Space Interviews, Universal Trauma Training, ACE Study, Workforce Protection and Policies that Reflect Trauma Informed Care.
TRAINING: Five weeks of comprehensive training for all new staff members, and continued training and professional enhancement for the duration of employment.
STARTING SALARY: $34,000+ annually
ROOM & BOARD PROVIDED: Each staff is provided a private room with a shared living area, kitchenette, game room and washer and dryers.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Vision and 401k retirement plan. 5&1/2 weeks of Paid Time Off and 5 paid Holidays annually.
SHIFTS: Shifts are 4 days per week and sleepovers are required. There are three shifts available:
• Sunday through Wednesday,
• Wednesday through Saturday, and
• Saturday through Tuesday
The candidate will not know what shift is open until he or she is assigned to a group home and the current staff shifts are determined. The goal for each Group Home is to have a team of six staff in each house. One Group Coordinator and five Youth Counselors with three staff on per day.
TYPICAL WEEKDAY WORK SCHEDULE (DIRECT-TIME)
7:30 AM Wake Up for the boys.
8:30 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM Boys Attend School
9:00 TO 2:30 Youth Counselor Break
2:30 to 10:30 Boys and Staff Group Home Activities
REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a criminal background check and physical, including a drug and TB test. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be covered under our insurance. Ability to be certified in CPR/First Aid, community water safety and crisis intervention. Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in related field or experience working with children, however others who are interested may apply.
Love Pizza And People? Come and be a part of our opening team. We are looking for outgoing, energetic people who love to work hard and have fun at the same time. Full time and part-time available. Experience cooking pizza is a plus but willing to train motivated people.
Dempseys Restaurant and Brewery is looking for servers and lead line cooks. Founded in 1991 Dempsey's is Sonoma County's oldest craft brewery and the only craft brewery currently brewing in Petaluma. Our beer garden is located right on the banks of the Petaluma River with city and river views. Since 2016 we have won many awards and praise for our beers created in the last three years. We have a new chef who has created a lot of excitement with his new menu.
The City of Petaluma will be dredging and revitalizing the river soon so we are anticipating a super busy and prosperous summer and fall this year. We need enthusiastic and hard working staff members in both front and back of house to take advantage of all this new energy.
If this sounds interesting to you please come join us and be a part of our team
International company is looking for people to work in San Jose, Sacramento, and San Francisco Bay area.
1) Experience Health care Interpreters fully bilingual.
2) Some experience Health care Interpreters fully bilingual.
3) No-experienced fully bilingual people - we train.
We are a large interpreting company (in business since 1972).
The requirements are that you are bilingual in English and one of the following languages:
Albanian, Amharic, American Sign Language (ASL), Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Cantonese, Croatian, Creole, Dari, Farsi, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Hmong, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Mam, Mandarin, Mien, Mongolian, Nepali, Pashto, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, Tigrinya, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, Urdu & Vietnamese.
You must pass our Language Proficiency Test both written and oral. You must be able to read and write in the languages you have indicated you speak.
Please email us your resume for consideration. We have full-time, part-time and on-call.
For your resume to be reviewed, you must indicate on the subject line of the email, the language(s) and dialect(s) you speak and the city where you live.
You MUST have a car and a valid driver's license.
Access our website www.ie-center.org, and click on "careers" at top of the page. You will see our location and access information about our company.
Franchettis' Kitchen, Wine+Beer Stube on North Dutton is open 6 days a week for lunch and brunch, and 4 days for happy hour and dinner.
We are looking for a Busser with one year experience, to clean tables, taking plates, utensils and drinkware to the kitchen to be washed, help with water service, and reset tables for the next service. Bussers might help waiters and waitresses bring food out to a table, polish and restock as well as help with any other dining room needs.
Day Shift 11-3 and dinner shifts 5pm-9.30pm, we offer split shifts.
EMAIL: Paste Resume Into the Body of the Email
Include Phone Number for Contact.
We are looking for the right candidate to join our small but growing restaurant, named "The Best Hidden Gem in Petaluma" by the SF Chronicle and also the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.
We are seeking an experienced cook you can assist with lunch service on Friday-Sunday from 11am to 4pm. We would also like to expand our hours and open on Monday and Tuesday evenings (4pm-9pm). It is possible we could hire more than one part-time cook, so do not be shy about inquiring if you are not available for all of those shift-times.
The perfect candidate is an easy-going team player, but who could also work solo, if need be. Ability to stand for at least 4 hours; ability to lift 50 pounds; good communication skills; decent knife skills; maintains a safe and clean work environment; food handlers card; US citizen.
Pay depending on experience. We could conceivably train the right individual, if passionate about food and has a strong work ethic.
ARE YOU LOOKING TO FILL YOUR DAY WITH A REWARDING PART TIME JOB?NO EXPERIENCE? WE WILL TRAIN YOU!Napa Valley Support Services (NVSS) has immediate openings in our SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT program!Make your own schedule!We support adults with developmental disabilities such as Downs Syndrome, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and other forms of disabilities. Job Coaches work directly with individuals assisting and instructing participants with work activities and tasks. We focus on the “person” and tailor our services to each individual we serve.MUST HAVES:· The desire to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!· Energetic, initiative, dependable, and take pride in your work.· CA driver’s license, A vehicle that seats 4 passengers (Mileage Reimbursement),· Auto Insurance· Pass a fingerprint background screening (NO Felonies or Misdemeanors)· Pass a health screening including TB/Drug test· Positive upbeat attitude and willingness to learn
Retirees, Stay at home Moms, & Students highly encouraged to apply please forward your resume to email@example.com
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NapaValleySupportServices and on the web: http://www.napavalleysupportservices.orgJob
Position: Senior Case Manager Closing
Date: Open till filled
Status: Regular, Full-time, Non-exempt
Salary: $24.00 per hour DOE
California Human Development (CHD) is a private, non-profit (501c3) organization human service agency that provides a wide range of programs and services throughout Northern California.
CHD’s Farmworker Services Program provides skills training and job placement to low income individuals including migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their dependents who either wish to find full-time job opportunities outside of the agriculture field, wish to increase their skills to stabilize their employment and/or pursue higher education. It is expected that a large majority of the clients will be Spanish speaking.
SUMMARY: This is a service position in an employment and training program under the WIA (Workforce Investment Act) targeted to Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers. The Senior Case Manager is the lead position in the assigned area and serves as the office manager.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator, the Senior Case Manager will perform the essential responsibilities and duties including:
EDUCATION: A. AA degree in related field or equivalent
B. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be responsive and persuasive with farm workers.
C. Minimum one year supervisory experience
D. Experience working with low income, youth and diverse populations.
E. Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office
See full job description on our website: http://www.cahumandevelopment.org/Careers.php
· Submit your résumé or application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 707.575.4069.
· Applications can be downloaded from our website at www.cahumandevelopment.org
· Please reference Job Title when submitting your application/résumé.
· Cover letters may be included with your submission, but please do not include letters of reference/recommendation or other supporting documents.
We are a large preschool with 5 separate classrooms; infants through Transitional Kindergarten. We have approximately 20 teachers on staff and are looking to hire two Subs-On-Site. Agreed upon hours are guaranteed even if no teachers are absent. When not substituting in the classroom, SOS works in the office to assist with simple administrative tasks (or has the option to take the time off). We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable with changing diapers for infants and to playing with our preschoolers, though SOS is rarely lead teacher. This position would appeal to someone who likes to be on the floor with the kids and have less responsibility with running the classroom. Schedules: Monday through Friday 9:00-5:30 and Monday through Friday 7:30-4:00.
We are also looking for an afternoon preschool teacher that works with our older children. Schedule is Monday through Friday 1:30-5:30.
Requirements include 12 ECE/CHLD units.
Benefits include 80% health insurance, five paid days at Christmas, paid vacation time and free childcare (space permitting).
Wages increase with education and experience.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter telling us about what type of work you are looking for, and what experience you have working with young children. Resume also required.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour
Homeward Bound of Marin
Title: Shelter Supervisor – New Beginnings Center - (NBC) Exempt
Regular Full Time: 40 hrs. per/week Work Schedule: TBD; will include
Hourly Wage: $27 per hour either Saturday or Sunday
Reports To: Program Director – NBC
Unit: Residential – Shelter and Housing Programs
Job Announcement: Homeward Bound is Marin County's primary provider of housing and shelter for single individuals and families experiencing homelessness, offering short- and long-term supportive housing, job-training and placement, and services. Our mission is “Opening Doors to Safety, Dignity, Hope, and Independence.” We are looking for the right person to join our Housing Focused Shelter team.
Support Staff, Clients, and Community Partners
• Manage a caseload of approximately 6-8 clients in Housing Focused Shelter.
• Work collaboratively with case management staff and community partners for case conferencing, and other client related needs.
• Design and facilitate house meetings, group workshops, and dorm meetings for clients in partnership with Supervisor and Housing Navigator,
• Provide guidance to staff and assist with conflict management / mediation in the absence of Program Director-NBC.
• Support Program Director-NBC with staffing scheduling
• Provide supervision to Resource Counselors and guidance to Relief staff as needed.
• Communicate clearly and consistently with Program Director-NBC.
• Coordinate training of relief staff and assist with on-boarding process for core staff.
• Ensure that program documentation is completed for all client interactions (incident reports, program violations, SIRP notes, etc.).
• Oversee volunteer training and ongoing supervision.
Intake, Enrollment, and Administrative Support
• Receive and process program referrals including logging referrals into the database and reaching out to community partners for client placement.
• Manage daily call-in process and update daily rosters.
• Conduct client intakes and assessments in Clarity, the Homeless Management Information System.
• Support Program Director-NBC with evaluating 28 day renewals to asses clients’ housing focused progress
• Enter accurate and timely data for program enrollments and exits to support evaluation, outcomes tracking, and to minimize errors and duplicate entries.
• Ensure client files are set-up accurately with all required documentation.
• Provide support to Program Director-NBC in the evaluation / client transfers process between programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Program Director-NBC..
• Oversee ongoing maintenance including daily chores, painting, landscaping, and repairs in conjunction with Maintenance staff.
• Coordinate and document repairs with HB Maintenance staff and with appropriate contractors.
• Oversee ordering of supplies and equipment.
• Coordinate facility needs and chore system with NBC Resource Counselor.
• Conduct daily checks of the facility to support safety and cleanliness.
• Identify and report all major facility problems to supervisor.
• Follow all use permit requirements as designated in property lease.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of experience providing support services to individuals in a human service setting.
• Experience performing case management duties in a health or human services field.
• Able and willing to work with diverse staff and participants.
• Familiarity with and commitment to principles and practices of housing first, participant-centered care, harm reduction, and safeguarding participant confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational skills and able to self-motivate; able to work under pressure, address multiple priorities and meet deadlines with a positive attitude and problem-solving approach.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Written & Verbal Communication Skills
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common governmental, financial, and legal documents and reports and be compliant to governmental regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to communicate clearly and problem solve with staff, residents, and community partners.
• Ability to sit, and use a computer mouse, keyboard, and monitor, for extended periods of time (3 - 5 hours per day).
• Ability to stoop, crouch, kneel, and/or crawl on occasion.
• Ability to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
Special Qualifications & Qualities (skills, abilities, licenses)
• Desire and commitment to work to end homelessness with individuals and within communities.
• Passion and desire to work with a dynamic organization and team.
• Self-starter who takes appropriate initiative, has excellent time management and organizational skills, is creative, has a sense of humor, and the ability to learn from mistakes.
• Dynamic, resourceful, flexible, kind, compassionate, understanding, and accountable.
• High level of awareness, sensitivity, and comfort working in a culturally and ethnically diverse work environment.
At Homeward Bound we are committed to embracing diversity. All decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, assignment, training, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment will be made without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, creed, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, veteran status, political ideology, or any legally protected class. It has always been and continues to be Homeward Bound’s policy that employees should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position for which they feel qualified.
Homeward Bound is committed to providing safe and productive working, learning, and living environments for our staff and clients. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search, and motor vehicle history.
Hop Monk Tavern Novato in Sonoma, CA is looking for one line cook to join our 82 person strong team. We are located on 691 Broadway. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, ambitious, and hard-working.
Available shifts and compensation: Available shifts all days except Mondays and Tuesdays. Compensation is $18.00/hour.
About HopMonk Tavern Novato: Hop Monk Tavern Novato in Novato, CA is looking for an individual to join our 59 person strong team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, punctual, and hard-working.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your application.
We are looking for a competent Restaurant Server to take and deliver orders. You’ll be the face of our restaurant and responsible for our customers’ experiences. Food server responsibilities include ensuring our tables are clean and tidy when guests arrive, presenting menus and serving food and beverages. You need to be quick on your feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in a fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you. Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us maintain and attract customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
Building Blocks is small country preschool in the wonderful community of Penngrove.
Our teaching team has an average of 20+ years longevity. This is why we have a position open, as one of our teachers who has been with the school for 20 years is retiring.
Our program is looking for a strong team teacher to join our amazing group of preschool professionals!
This candidate needs to be a fun loving, qualified teacher who is flexible, and energetic to work in our Pre-K class.
In cooperation with our teaching team you will participate in our curriculum “Learning Without Tears”. This wonderful award winning curriculum acknowledges what all great educators know and research supports that learning needs to be joyful, child friendly, an active. The lesson plans builds on learning areas of:
language and literacy reading and writing numbers, math and or language science and social studies. We use this curriculum for children as it adapts to the changing needs as they grow developmentally through play, music activities and hands-on materials. Our activities are created so that children of different ability levels may participate successfully. We support our teachers Because children need teachers who model, sing and teach the skills and habits necessary for school.
This Position has opportunities to work with team teachers to lead small group projects, and to engage in creative activities, in a creative and organized classroom.
Our school is fortunate enough to have a 1/4 acre yard for our children to have a outdoor classroom for hands on learning in a natural play environment.
The onsite Director is also available throughout the day for support and guidance.
We are currently interviewing. This position is available now or in June, July or August. If you are interested and feel that you are a good fit please call or email a resume
Thank you for your interest.
Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto's interpretation of Modern Japanese fare is now hiring energetic, talented pastry cook at Morimoto Napa. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing global restaurant group.
We are looking for the following positions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures our extraordinary Guest Service standards are maintained at all times.
• Assures that sequence of service standards and sense of urgency with prep/executing service during day to day operation
• Maintain pars and anticipate seasonal / business demands.
• Must maintain knowledge menu items and ingredients.
• Demonstrates a courteous, friendly, congenial, polite, professional and efficient attitude.
• A drive for perfection, relentless commitment to the highest level of technique/quality of ingredients.
•Ability to communicate, [orally and/or in writing], by providing and obtaining information of a complex, technical or sensitive nature, effectively, clearly, correctly, concisely, completely, logically, in a timely manner, and at an appropriate level and format, while maintaining confidentiality.
•Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 50 feet and to manipulate them from heights which may require the use of a footstool.
Skills and Qualifications
• Evening and Weekend Availability a MUST!
• Team-service experience is strongly recommended.
• Culinary graduate preferred but not necessary
• Customer service orientation should consist of the organization, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and the ability to work in teams.
• Two years of experience in a notable kitchen/restaurant
Strong preference for candidates with experience.
Please reply with your resume pasted into the body of your email along with three professional references; attachments will not be opened. (not as an attachment). We look forward to hearing from you.
Morimoto Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Morimoto Restaurants will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Summer Camp Instructor, Seasonal - $16 per hour
The Safari West Wildlife Foundation is looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to join our summer camp team. Our day camp, Camp Nyika, will be held at the Safari West 400-acre wildlife preserve in the Mayacamas Mountains in Santa Rosa in June and July 2020.
The primary responsibility of summer camp counselors is to lead daily camp activities and educational activities over the daily four-hour camp window. Counselors will work with certified and trained naturalists to offer a robust, hands-on learning experience for youth.
This position is both a physical and intellectual job and requires the ability to work in all types of weather, safely navigating dirt trails, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
In addition to being responsible for camper safety, summer camp instructors are responsible for engaging campers in educational lessons modeled after naturalist safari guiding, identifying species and their greater ecological role in conservation.
With daily changing weather and animal conditions, summer camp instructors are expected to be flexible with changing priorities and be a willing and collaborative team member.
There are two positions available.
Desired Position Requirements
• Public speaking experience
• Interpretation and/or Teaching Experience
• Working Knowledge of wildlife/biology/naturalism
• Working knowledge of guest hospitality
• Willingness to work in all weather conditions
• Must live within forty-five miles of Safari West
• Education equivalent to A.A. or Bachelor’s degree with major work in interpretation, social sciences, natural sciences, communications, or closely related fields.
• Experience or exposure to of year of research and development of natural resource interpretive programs.
• Prior outdoor recreation camp experience.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter
Safari West Wildlife Preserve
3115 Porter Creek Road Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Hired candidates can expect to be trained as a core camp staff group through the last two working weeks of May. During this time, the group will learn the camp curriculum, expectations, and extensive safety procedures necessary to smoothly operate camp and care for the youth.
Camp Nyika is officially scheduled to operate for nine weeks, Monday through Friday, during the summer of 2020.
Karibu Rafiki or Welcome Friend! Beyond a wildlife preserve and far more than any drive-through park, Safari West is a place like no other. The African and other animals set Safari West apart from other camps.
Nestled in the hills of Sonoma County, this 400-acre wildlife preserve is home to over 1000 animals representing the biodiversity of Africa and beyond. Hands-on learning about animal conservation and welfare, with a unique opportunity to be close to nature.
Our busy German/Italian restaurant is looking for a professional Line Cook who can help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business.
The primary responsibility of the Consulting Chef is to develop and execute CIA Consulting projects and custom programs across the branch campuses and at off campus locations. The Consulting Chef works closely with all stakeholders to organize, schedule, and execute a myriad of programs and projects.
The CIA Consulting Chef has a direct responsibility for the successful execution of specific custom / client programs and works diligently to ensure the constant refinement and integrity of that programs. Assignments will include, but are not limited to, Menu Development, R&D Process Collaboration, Culinary Flavor Immersion Programs, Culinary Training Programs, working on media projects, and other assignments in intellectual property, contributing to photography and video projects, and other assignments in Culinary Arts. This position will be required to travel and must have the professional / personal flexibility to adapt to the business needs of the Institute and its clients.
Assist the Spa Director with the day to day oversight of operations of Atrio Spa and its staff of Spa Concierge, Attendants and Service Providers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Recruitment, on boarding, training and development
Development and maintenance of standards and procedures
Development of Service Culture
Coaching and Counseling and employee relations
Prior management experience required. Luxury hotel spa preferred.
Strong communication skills in written and verbal business English.
Strong operational and organizational skills.
Comfortable with technology.
This position will require physical movement including lifting, pushing, carrying, stooping, and reaching.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Click here and here to navigate to the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Woodfour Brewing Company is looking to hire a few strong line cooks to add to our kitchen team for the busy summer season. We operate a small but busy from-scratch kitchen to compliment our award winning beer program at our Sebastopol based brewery taproom in The Barlow. We are looking for driven and hard working individuals with experience in fast paced kitchens. Strong knife skills, line cooking experience, ability to work in a highly organized & efficient manner, excellent communication skills, and the ability to creatively contribute to the team with a positive attitude are all desired traits.
Daily Shift Meal and Employee Growler Program Incentive
At least 2 years experience in kitchen (with at least 1 year Line experience)
Food Handlers Card
Part and Full Time shifts available with the opportunity to advance in the organization.
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: DOE. Competitive with opportunity for advancement to the right individuals
*The following reflects essential functions for this role but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Culinary Operations Execution
Best-in-class experience execution –Responsible for supporting the execution of all Visitor’s Center activities and guest experiences
Support / Culinary Team Management—Support team oversite and line-management of food service and support employees
Menu and recipe execution
Guest Service Support—Daily check-ins with the Guest Services team, ensure priorities, timelines and desired outcomes are clear on an on-going basis
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) – Facilitate, manage and enforce Culinary and Food Service SOPs for the Visitor’s Centers that clearly define processes and procedures for operational activities
Accountability & Team Management—Ensure that all personnel are trained, and training logs must be maintained and monitored
Training & Food Service Standards—Responsible for ensuring that all personnel are certified according to necessary standards on food & service safety standards
Staffing Model & Coverage Execution—In conjunction with Culinary Team Manager, facilitate and manage seamless and effective staffing model ensuring coverage and on-call support
Training & education – Assist with educational programs, employee manuals in conjunction with training programs and key processes
Metrics and Analysis—Facilitate and manage best practices, systems, methodologies, key metrics to ensure guest satisfaction
POS System—Responsible for the POS & CRM Systems involving training, reporting and trouble shooting
Inventory – Assist in overall management of on-site culinary and culinary related inventory including inventory count and reconciliation on daily and monthly basis
Cross-Functional Inventory Reconciliation—Partners with Culinary Team Manager, finance and sales operations teams on the overall management of DTC inventory processes across warehouse locations
Education / Experience:
Proven record of setting and meeting objectives (both professional and personal)
Attention to detail in all activities
Experience leading groups and previous management of multiple direct reports
Creativity, enthusiasm, professionalism and proactive approach to problem solving are all essential attributes for success in this position.
Competencies & Attributes:
The ability to motivate staff and resolve customer service issues will be required daily.
Must be able to troubleshoot customer and employee problems and find consistent solutions.
Excellent quality standards related to culinary experience required.
Highest cleanliness and health standards required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong detail and multi-tasking skills.
Proficiency in systems and working knowledge of management tools including Microsoft Office Suite software, scheduling, inventory tracking, cash handling, and retail operations will all be needed to excel in this position.
This position requires flexibility and willingness to adapt quickly to changing priories.
Respectful and mature.
Willingness to embrace and practice the values and mission of Huneeus Vintners.
Solid wine knowledge is preferred.
Knowledge of DTC best practices is a strong plus.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lifts 100 pounds.
· Ability to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors in changing weather conditions
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and periodic overtime
· Able to stand for long periods of time
· Able to walk on flat and sloped terrain
· Must be able to easily walk 2 miles or more in unstable, uneven or wet conditions
· Requires the ability to sit bend, stoop, twist and walk over uneven surfaces for prolonged periods of time
Huneeus Vintners is a dynamic collection of premium wines/wineries. The portfolio includes Quintessa, Faust, Illumination; all produced in Napa Valley; Flowers Vineyard and Winery produced on the extreme Sonoma Coast. Most recently Leviathan, in Napa Valley and Benton-Lane located in the Oregon wine country joined our portfolio. We are singularly focused on producing the highest quality wines and promoting them through a committed distributor network to passionate restaurateurs and retailers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Huneeus Vintners LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you've got a passion for food and people, we've got a position for you! At Nugget Markets, we're looking for positive, service-minded food lovers for our Tiburon location. Some of the positions currently available include:
- Deli Clerks
- Meat Cutter
- Meat Clerk
- Produce Clerk
- Adult Beverage
- Floral Clerk
- Courtesy Clerks
Be a part of a company that provides opportunities for professional growth in a fun atmosphere. Our associates share a strong work ethic and dedication to providing our guests with world-class service. No food handler's card? No problem! We provide your ServSafe training in house. Must be at least 18 years of age (16 for courtesy clerk).
As one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 15 years in a row, we offer:
-Zero premium cost health benefits (even for part-timers)
-Paid time off
-Opportunities for personal and professional growth
-Fun and positive work environment
And much more!
If you would like to join our family of dedicated people with a love of food and a passion for excellent service, we would love to hear from you.
Working at Pizza Guys means working with friends and building long lasting relationships. The environment is fast paced but fun so you will never get bored! Team members are taught useful skills and recognized for their outstanding efforts. Come join the Pizza Guys Family and see what we are all about!
Some of the benefits you will receive are:
-Advancement Opportunity: Many of our Franchisees started out as Team Members!
Duties Include but not limited to:
Answering and processing telephone orders
Entering orders using touch screen POS or keyboard
Preparing food orders
Being responsible for taking payment from customers in the form of cash or credit card
Providing correct monetary change to customers
Ensuring customer's orders are correct
Keeping lobby and kitchen area clean
Excellent verbal communication skills