Dispatcher / Office Assistant
· Provide outstanding customer service to both external and internal customers, maintaining a positive and professional attitude despite high stress.
· Acknowledge and respond to all calls and text messages and transmit any related message to the drivers in the field.
· Record and input into the computer system all logs received from drivers.
· Check and understand eligibility of clients.
· Create and email/distribute schedules 72 hours in advance.
· Confirm next day appoints and recheck eligibility.
· Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under stress and the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
· Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks
· Follow oral and written instructions.
· Remain calm and make logical decisions when in high stress situations.
· Follow departmental guidelines and procedures relating to response to emergency situations.
· Exercise good judgment in the handling and prioritizing of calls within the department.
· Effectively communicate and make decisions related to dispatching emergency vehicles under stressful work.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public
· Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
· High school diploma or GED equivalency.
· Two (2) years’ experience in a volume data entry and customer service environment.
· Any combination of training and experience that meet the above Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.