Top Reasons WHY you want to work for Meru Health as a Human Resources (HR) Manager:
Opportunity to work closely with our COO & Co-Founder, Riku Lindholm, and be our 1st HR Manager
Be given the freedom, trust, and flexibility to take full ownership of building our HR foundation, functions and processes
4 weeks PTO + flexible working schedule
Surround yourself with a team of individuals who care most about the wellbeing of each other and the world, embodying diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence
Join a team that is changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges - not just treating symptoms but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive. We work with Stanford, Harvard, UC Davis and other top universities as well as insurance companies like Cigna & Humana
We are looking for someone who's truly passionate about HR and building HR processes as well as supporting our people as we grow.
Your responsibilities will be the following:
Supporting the organisation with HR/administrative matters such as payroll/benefits/vacations/HR processes etc.
Supporting with recruitment and drafting offer letters as well as independent contractor agreements
Providing a smooth onboarding experience for new hires and independent contractors
Assisting in development and implementation of human resource policies, employee handbook, directory, and organizational chart
Implementing and informing employees of available benefits and staying on top of what's happening in the market for future benefits and relevant trends
Ensuring compliance of state and federal regulations
What you will need to be successful as our HR Manager:
Experience: Minimum of 5 years working in HR
Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent in HR/HRM or other suitable field (i.e., SHRM certification a plus)
Strong track record in HR within a fast-growing company/companies
Genuine passion for HR and building HR processes as well as supporting our people as we grow
Traits: highly independent, self-driven, resourceful, humble, and kind
Competitive market rate w/ stock options DOE
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
4 weeks PTO + $400 annual Wellness reimbursement
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
From an organizational perspective, Meru is a flat and non-hierarchical company with Scandinavian/Nordic roots and with a high degree of independence and trust. This means that we look for people to join the company who are highly self-driven and act like entrepreneurs. This also means we expect a lot and also give a lot of freedom and room for creativity.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
This is a great opportunity for a Human Resource Manager with experience working in a food production environment. This position offers a great opportunity to participate in a growing manufacturing company in Alameda County.
The Human Resource Manager will guide the management of a full spectrum of the Human Resource Operations.
· Responsible for evaluating employee programs, recommending improvements to employee relations policies, and making sure that all employee-related policies in each department align with the corporate goals and established regulations.
· Lead and oversee Payroll, Benefits Administrator and HR Assist
· Compose and manage all HR and Safety Policy and Procedures and Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
· Manage and oversee all employees safety training in the workplace.
· Manage the Workers Comp Administration and back to work programs.
· Manage and administer all applicable City, State, and Federal Employment laws
· Responsible for all levels of employee recruiting, hiring, new hire orientation and termination.
· Compose, manage, and update Employee Handbook and New Hire Training Manual.
· Responsible for all employee disciplinary procedures and policies.
· Oversee all Production labor needs including all contract employees.
· Maintain compliance with all audit requirements in human resource, payroll, and compile reports from the database.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent in related business field
· 5+ years’ experience in a Human Resources supervisory position
· Experience as the go-to person for all employee-related issues
· Comprehensive understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws
· Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
· Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management
· Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
· Ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s management team that provides leadership and direction.
· Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
· Excellent organizational management skills and high level of confidentiality.
Please forward your resume as soon as possible and all qualified candidates will be notified immediately.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
6 month contract
Job Category: Human Resources