Research Associate – Molecular Biology
Company: Root is developing fully automated, in-field, DNA-based sensors for detection of airborne pathogens. The technology provides the missing pathogen-presence corner of the disease triangle and enables farmers to spray pesticides only when necessary.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to
· Develop and optimize assays for detection and quantification of important airborne agricultural pathogens
· Drive continuous improvement in methodology, processes, and formats through own expertise and experience
· Be responsible for the management of target projects
· Communicate and interact with interdisciplinary project teams
· Participate in meetings
· Perform other related responsibilities as necessary
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in mycology, microbiology, virology or other natural science with laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques like PCR
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic startup
· Creative and flexible thinking, open-minded, and willing to challenge the status quo
· Ability to build excellent working relationships and an enthusiasm for taking a hands-on approach to collaborative scientific discovery efforts
· Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability and willingness to think outside the box to adopt and adapt relevant emerging technologies
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in mycology, microbiology, virology, or agriculture
· Experience with qPCR and ELISA
· Experience downloading genomes and designing primers
Country: United States
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Racial and socioeconomic achievement gaps persist in our schools today. There is a 26% or greater gap in math achievement between white students and students of color. We believe in the power of STEM to offer opportunities to students who need it most. You can change this by becoming a STEM teacher.
EnCorps STEM Teachers Program’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. STEM Teaching Fellows transition to teaching careers within 1-3 years with the support of EnCorps training, guest teaching field experience, credentialing guidance, EnCorps cohort and the EnCorps network of schools. When you become an EnCorps Fellow, you are committing to providing access to quality education within low income schools, supporting students who need your mentorship the most.
The EnCorps team will provide guidance as you begin the process to become a teacher and the broad network of fellows provides first hand experience from people who, like you, transitioned into a teaching career.
*Find out more about the timeline and teaching credentials at
For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see
*Looking for backgrounds in: Accounting, finance, banking, mathematics, statistics, data analyst, computer programmer, IT, coding, product manager, engineering (civil, mechanical, ALL), healthcare, scientific research, biotech, lab work, etc.
Want to empower students and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Fall application deadline: Sept 11, 2020. Apply today at:
See EnCorps through the eyes of a fellow:
World Harvest Church, a global ministry with multiple campuses in central Ohio, has an exciting opportunity in the ministry’s Web Department for an entry-level HTML Email & Content Developer with a strong desire to use their interests to advance the Kingdom of the Lord. World Harvest Church is one of today’s most influential churches, led by statesman, humanitarian and New York Times best-selling author, Pastor Rod Parsley.
As an entry-level position that will receive significant on the job training, no substantial experience with development, media, or streaming is required. A strong desire to learn, explore, and discover how various parts come together is crucial.
Reporting to the Web Project Coordinator, this role’s primary responsibilities include:
· Collect images, links, and other resources for distribution with email campaigns
· Use FTP and in-house CMS solutions to place necessary resources into production for use
· Create email-only links according to instructions to analysis
· Utilize the email list provided by Partner Systems department specifically for the designated email
· Use HTML to develop outbound email campaigns and email landing pages according to prescribed documents and directives, and records final HTML in the email log database
· Evaluate developed code in a variety of web browsers and email clients
· Submit developed work prior to live-send or scheduling for review and final approval
· Performs receipt/deliverability checking for each email sent on major ESPs
· Advance email campaign aesthetic, efficiency, and deliverability for the entire email life cycle, from building/development to the inbox
· Create reports via in-house analytic system regarding email receipt, opens, click-through's, and conversions
· Facilitate live-streaming events including church services (Sunday morning, Wednesday evening), Valor Chapel services (Thursday morning), and certain other special events according to management changes
· Prepare, upload, test, and link media content (video, audio, or graphical files) for crucial
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
· High proficiency using and quickly self-learning a variety of software suites
· Results and goal-orientation
· Attention to large and small details
· Self-motivation and pride in their work
· Flexibility with the changes that can come with an always-on working platform
· A desire to learn about technology and development – both professional and personally
· Basic understanding of HTML (Professional training will be provided.)
· (optional) Basic understanding of CSS (Professional training will be provided.)
· (optional) Basic understanding of SQL or MS Access/Excel (Professional training will be provided.)
Excellent performance in this role coupled with a desire to broaden the scope of technical skills can lead self-motivated professionals to a long and successful career in Web Development.
All positions in the web department are considered “on call” in the event of ministry or Internet emergencies.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer, to join our team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate has experience with JavasScript frameworks/libraries, HTML, CSS and Java. This team is responsible for the customer journey from adding products to their cart through to the lifecycle of operations leading to a successful order being placed. The team’s goal is to create a frictionless customer experience as we build, learn and iterate on our core and new capabilities.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need: