Training Intern (Remote, Temporary 2020)
Part-time • Starts April 1, 2020 - Ends Nov. 15, 2020 • $25/hour Work from Anywhere in the Continental U.S.
To apply: Please go to https://grnh.se/f5a8ec6c1 to submit your resume, cover letter, and an application.
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women.
In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.As a training intern at MoveOn, you will help educate, inspire, and equip MoveOn members around the country to take action through impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, impact the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible.
A successful candidate will have...
Reports to: Training Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States. May require occasional travel.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Part-time (up to 15 hours per week), $25 per hour, a monthly stipend toward cell phone and internet costs and everything you need to work from a home office.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
· Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies to ensure pay integrity, verify sick and/or vacation time or other paid benefits. Monitor and correct payroll system to ensure legal compliance.
· Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
· Perform full auditing procedures pre- and post-payroll cycle, creating reports and validations regarding identified occurrences.
· Train managers, employees, clients and others on proper use of punch clocks or payroll systems.
· Process bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reports, tax payments, or any other report as required, or requested by executive management.
· Set-up off-cycle payrolls, perform manual check functions, or other functions as requested.
· Assist employees and process employee benefits/enrollment for health, dental, vision, life, 401k or any other employee benefits.
· Administer, reconcile monthly billing, and/or process payments for all insurance benefits or other benefits such as employee uniforms.
· Retrieve and process 401k data and make proper adjustments in the payroll system (including such changes as new enrollments, loans, auto-escalation percentages, or other payroll 401k contribution changes).
· Coordinate and conduct “Annual Open Enrollment” meetings or other annual events to promote employee benefits, employee relations, or other company events.
· Administer and process all wage garnishment orders in the payroll system, communicating with the employee identified in each order.
· Administer all COBRA processes.
· Assist with hiring duties such as recruiting, background pre-hire screens, E-Verify, drug/alcohol screens, reference checks, orientations, and on-boarding.
· Oversee and administer LOA’s in the payroll system and ensure LOA insurance payments for missed deductions, and provide proper documentation and paperwork to employees.
· Maintain and file HR documents and/or HR employee files.
Specific preferred skills & experience include:
· 3+ years payroll processing and benefits administration
· Proficiency with ADP a must; familiarity with Paychex, Quickbooks Payroll, or other payroll systems a plus
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, HR, Business or related field preferred
· Minimum one-year payroll department experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
· Strong attention to detail required
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment to meet changing requirements and deadlines
· Deep commitment to the success of our staff, our clients and their missions
Due to the confidential nature of our work, the individual must be able to maintain confidential information and exhibit a high level of professional integrity, meet professional standards and exercise good judgment at all times.