San Jose Day Nursery is a well-established early care and education center dedicated to providing high quality programs for children between the ages of six weeks to five years. The Nursery promotes the cognitive, social, and emotional skills in children, which lays the foundation for the success both in kindergarten and in life. We believe that all children deserve access to high quality, caring, educational programs that stimulate growth and contribute to satisfying and productive lives that allow them to thrive.
We have the following Full Time (40 hours per week) position available:
- Teacher: Pre School (three to four year olds)
Our teaching staff are responsible for:
- Maintaining a healthy, safe environment both indoors and outdoors
- Creating and implementing weekly lesson plans
- Facilitating program activities to promote positive child growth and learning
- Documenting daily observations of children to maintain a detailed child portfolio
- Completing semi-annual Desired Results Developmental Profiles for each child
- Communicating effectively with parents and hold two parent-teacher conferences per year
- Working in a team setting and contributing positive ideas to the betterment of the program
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience working with young children in a group setting implementing a hands on, emergent curriculum with a social learning emphasis
- Experience working with special needs (desired but not required)
- Motivation to learn and grow in knowledge and ability
- Team player with a "can do" attitude
Education: Needs to be reflected on resume to be considered for an interview.
- Teachers must possess a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit (or higher), or obtained within six months of hire.
Permit Requirements: At least 12 ECE semester units (or equivalent quarter units) including the following core classes:
- Child Growth & Development (3 semester units)
- Child, Family & Community (3 semester units)
- Programs & Curriculum - Literacy for Young Children, Art, Music & Movement, etc. (2 classes, 3 semester units each)
- Teachers must have at least six months minimum experience working with young children in licensed facilities.
- All positions require annual professional growth by either completing one college level class per semester/quarter until Master Teacher Permit level OR participate in one professional growth activity each semester after required coursework is achieved.
Prior to starting all new hires will be required to submit the following:
- Health screening and TB test
- Criminal Record Statement
- Fingerprint clearance as required by Community Care Licensing
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 paid hours per day 9 am to 6 pm.
Please do not apply for these positions if you do not have the above qualifications and skills or if you are unable to work the scheduled shift advertised.
If you are qualified, please submit resume as an email attachment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $22.00 /hour
- teaching: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
- Only full-time employees eligible