Looking for a Picture Framer who has a meticulous eye for art, exceptional attention to detail, and a love for creativity!! Must be professional and organized. Design and framing experience needed.
Starting off part-time working towards a full-time position with commission on sales and bonuses!
Candidates applying with no experience will be started on a pay-rate of $16 for the first quarter. Candidates that are eager to learn or have experience, will have the potential for an accelerated pay scale!
About Devil Mountain Nursery
Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery provides landscape professionals with access to more plant varieties than any other wholesale nursery in Norther California. We pride ourselves in having a knowledgeable sales staff, quality plants, and extensive delivery capacity throughout the region.
We operate four nurseries in Northern California: San Ramon, Petaluma, Morgan Hill and Clements, where our growing ground is located. Our buyers also travel to quality growers throughout the country – from small specialty growers to the largest in the nation – in search of the exceptional plants for our professional customers. Visit us online at devilmountainnursery.com.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be part of our brokering team. You will be responsible for selecting and purchasing plant material for our rapidly growing wholesale nursey. Your responsibilities will include filling special orders for our sales team, processing purchase orders, negotiating with vendors, tracking orders, creating and maintaining an inventory, quality assurance and liaising with the sales department, receiving, and dispatch at all locations.
• Research and source special order material for Sales Team
• Daily Vendor Purchase Orders issued, verify receipt of items, and resolve shipment errors or damages with Vendors
• Process paperwork promptly for payment
• Analyzing Order Points & Order Quantities monthly, to prevent stock outs, over stock, or dead inventory
• Effectively negotiate with vendors for optimum pricing without compromising quality
• Manage relationships with key vendors
• Update and maintain accurate vendor information
• Liaison between departments and vendors
• Contact vendors to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
Skills & Knowledge
• Positive attitude
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Constant attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of plants
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Used to working in various aspects of Inventory Control, Logistics, Purchasing and Forecasting. Candidate should possess good communication skills (verbal & written)
• Computer literate - Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, and Outlook), POS, inventory management software, etc.
• 2+ years of experience in plant procurement or minimum 3-5 years of experience in the landscape, nursery fields or relevant industry
Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery Wholesale Nursery Buyer 9.8.20 W:\Handouts & Forms
Commensurate with industry standards. Benefits include
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• HMO and PPO Health Plans
• Dental and Vision Plans
• Vacation Plans
• Paid Holidays
• Sick Pay
• Tuition Reimbursement