24 to 40 hours a week
Ideal candidates will work at least one weekend day
Want to spend your days surrounded by plants, collaborating with other creative, plant-obsessed people? Want to develop your skills, expertise, and vision in a beautiful garden environment?
We’re looking for a friendly, strong, motivated person to join our nursery team, which is responsible for the physical work of watering our plants and keeping the store attractive, clean and organized. Nursery Associates spend their days in our lovely garden store doing heavy work with plants and pots. They interact with customers every day, too, so you should love working with people as much as you love working with plants.
You’ll be expected to lift, carry, and move heavy items on a daily basis, so you’ll need to be strong and fit. You must be able to lift 75 pounds regularly. You’ll load sold merchandise into vehicles, clean the nursery, move large plants and pottery in our yard, and create displays with direction from more experienced staff members. You’ll also be performing minor facilities repairs.
Customer service experience in any industry would be a major plus. You’ll be responsible for greeting customers and connecting them to a more experienced salesperson when necessary. You'll get a lot of questions about plants, so you’ll need to be able to admit quickly when you don't have the answer and find someone on staff who does.
If you have some plant and garden experience, a passion for horticulture, and a strong interest in garden design, we’d love to hear from you. Experience in a warehouse or construction would also be helpful. We’re looking for someone who wants to learn! Garden and Facilities Associates are in a great position to gain knowledge and expertise from the skilled horticulturalists and garden designers who work and shop here.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amidst the gently rolling hills of Central Florida, Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club has carved out a piece of paradise on 2000 sprawling acres. A stately 77,000 square foot clubhouse serves as centerpiece to a one-of-a-kind lifestyle. Golden Ocala boasts championship golf and tennis, a state-of-the-art 17,000 square foot spa and fitness center, and a state-of-the-art equestrian compound.
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club has immediate need for a Certified Horticulturist. Duties would include management of landscape crews, flower beds, irrigation, shrubs, and turf. We have two large greenhouses and grow our own flowers and plants. Prefer 5 year minimum experience. Benefits would include paid holidays and vacations. Health insurance is available. This is a full-time, year round position, Monday-Friday. Must have a valid drivers license, and be able to pass a background check. References will be checked.
Come work at Obiso Company, a leading firm in our industry. We are looking to hire a Horticulturist to help us keep growing. If you are hard-working and dedicated, Obiso Company is an ideal place to get ahead. Apply today!
Our company is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Horticulturist. The horticulturist will perform experiments and investigate to find out the different and innovative procedures of producing, storing, processing, and transporting of flowers, bushes, and plants etc. Through these studies and experiments, the horticulturist develops improved and high-yielding varieties of products which have better quality, nutritional value, are more resistant to diseases, adaptable to different climates, soils, etc.
Responsibilities for Horticulturist
· Proven experience as a Horticulturist or other similar position
· Must have thorough knowledge of plants and how to maintain and manage them
· Knowledge of the principles of nursery management is important too
· Supervise work of others
· Knowledge of the fundamental principles of landscaping is required
· Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
Education and Experience:
· Must be a US Citizen
· Minimum of BS in botany, plant science, or related field
· CCA (Certified Crop Advisers) certification preferred
· SSSA (Soil Science Society of America) certification preferred
· Must not have any prior alcohol or drug violations
· Must submit to background check & drug screen
· Prolonged periods of standing for periods of time
· Prolonged periods of walking, bending, weeding
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times
· Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities
· Hot/cold weather tolerance
Special COVID-19 precautions - all employees hired for these positions:
- will have their temperature taken each day while restrictions are in place
- are required to wear masks through their shift
- are required to maintain 6 foot physical and social distancing at work and during breaks
Travel Required: 5-10%
This position reports directly to the CSO/COO
Chalet has an opportunity for a Container Designer to join our team, reporting to our Director of Chalet Signature, working at our Wilmette campus. Chalet Signature is a newly formed business unit that specializes in the creation of handcrafted planter arrangements curated with indoor and outdoor plants: succulents, tropicals, annuals, perennials, natives, vegetables, herbs, evergreens, other plant material, and mixed mediums. Chalet Signature brings a combination of unparalleled horticultural expertise and artistry to homes on Chicago’s Northshore - both indoors and outdoors. Arrangements can be made to order, selected in store, or installed on customers’ properties.
Responsibilities of a Container Designer:
· Design and assemble indoor and outdoor planter arrangements. Arrangements can be custom (per very specific and individual customer requests), select (per Chalet Signature recipes/kits), or cash and carry.
· Utilize the full plant pallet in your designs from our expansive inventory of indoor and outdoor plants: succulents, tropicals, annuals, perennials, natives, vegetables, herbs, evergreens, seasonal and other plant material.
· Listen to individual client needs and recommend design solutions.
· Collaborate with other designers to create trend-setting, profitable containers that exceed client expectations and meet all brand standards.
· Take ownership of the client relationship throughout the sales process.
We are looking for a creative, inspired, receptive, trend-setting, client-focused, team player with the following qualifications:
· A portfolio that demonstrates the breadth and depth of custom arrangements – potted, stems, and mixed mediums.
· Previous experience creating custom potted planters preferred. Alternatively, related experience from the floral industry, staging, tablescaping, interior design, and/or event planning could provide the necessary experience.
· Sales and relationship building experience where you have expertly provided client service and met sales goals.
· An outgoing and kind personality, who is a good listener, and able to professionally give and receive design critiques per our design standards.
· Ability to stand on your feet, lift/push/pull up to 40 pounds, and adaptable to indoor and outdoor environments.
· A two or four year degree in horticulture or landscape design would be a plus.
· Our interview process will include creating an arrangement pursuant to a specific design aesthetic.
This is a full-time, year-round position, working 5 days per week (which includes one weekend day). During the 14 weeks of the height of our seasons, your schedule will shift to a 6 day work week. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off, holidays, product discounts, and 401(k) with match.
On behalf of our client 1st Choice has an opening for a Horticulturalist in the Baltimore Area.
The grower position performs manual labor to assist in the maintenance, upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of growing plants, including, but not limited to; watering, feeding, pruning, propagating, and transplanting. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state regulated system and timelines.
The grower will be responsible for execution of daily activities as they pertain to maintaining the health of plants. This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. This role routinely uses sharp instruments and is exposed to a variety of environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Exposure to tight corners and workspaces. Exposure to a pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 70% of the time will be spent working with plants in the grow rooms propagating, transplanting, moving, pruning, spacing, grading, watering, potting, and loading plants. 20% of time will be spent doing general duties around the nursery as they relate to the upkeep of the nursery, 10% will be spent on continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Skills