The Junior Design Assistant is a dynamic and self-motivated individual that contributes to the success of Amato Architecture by supporting the design process to create outstanding designs that uphold our firm’s vision. The Amato Architecture process is inclusive of all phases of design from schematic through construction documents and administration while honoring budget, schedule, and operational requirements. The Junior Design Assistant reports to the Principal Architect.
· 3-5 yrs. Experience in an architectural or structural engineering office
· Bachelor degree in Architecture · Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Sketchup
· Strong organizational skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe software
· Strong work ethic, responsible attitude and self-motivated · Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
· Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues.
· Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles.
· Ability to balance design with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional environments.
· Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines.
· Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawings.
· Skilled in visual, written and verbal communication of design issues.
LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· On-site measuring and field verification
· Architectural drafting in Revit and AutoCAD – plans, elevations, sections, details, etc.
· Programming of client’s needs
· Analyzing space allocation
· Space planning
· Furniture placement and layout
· Finish selection
· Furniture specification and selection
· Schematic Design presentation
· 3D renderings & video walk-throughs
· Pricing documentation for bidding
· Contractor interview (assisting client with the review of bids)
· Construction documentation
· Permit preparation and submittal
· On-site construction administration with client and contractor
· Post construction punch list and review of completed work
· Move coordination
· Project management
· Engineering coordination
· Ability to work in an office environment
· Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time and intermittently walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach while performing office duties.
· Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; lift and/or move lightweight objects.
· Ability to maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for making observations, communicating with others, reading and writing, and operating office equipment.
· Ability to use a telephone to communicate verbally and a keyboard to communicate through written means, to review information and enter/retrieve data.
· Ability to see and read characters on a computer screen.
· Ability to lift and carry cartons or packages weighing up to 20 pounds.
· Ability to go up and down stairs and ladders.
WHO WE ARE: ECHE is an interior design firm with offices located in the Pacific Heights area. We specialize in high-end residential projects here in the city, around the Bay Area and throughout California. Our team is small, but close knit. Organization is our love language and keeps our business thriving.
WHO YOU ARE: We are looking for a paid intern with the availability to start working 2 full days a week with the possibility for growth. Our schedule is flexible so we are willing to work around your needs. No formal experience necessary, but you must have a background in design. We are looking for someone completing their studies in Interior Design. This role would give you great exposure to SF’s design community and has the possibility for a full-time hire.
You must be proficient in Sketchup and AutoCAD. Knowledge of Studio Designer is a plus.
●Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
●Subject line: Studio Intern Application
●Attach your resume and provide a short intro in the body of an email about why you are interested in this position and any previous working experience that applies to the requirements above.