Administrator – Home Health
Full-time Permanent position
Up to $10K relo/signing bonus
Full Job Description
Up to $10K relo/signing bonus!
Home Health Executive Director
Requirements for our Home Health Executive Director:
Responsibilities of our Home Health and Hospice Administrator:
Please send us your resume today with contact information for an expedited interview!
Please do not apply if you are unable to meet our minimum requirements. Thank you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $190,000 per year
Signing bonus COVID-19 considerations:
CDC PPE and distancing protocol.
APPLY TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $190,000.00 per year
Position Description: Administrative Officer Page 1 of 7 Revised: 08/03/2020
Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services
3949 South 6th Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Phone: (541) 882-1487 or 1-800-552-6290
HR Fax: (541) 273-4564
CLOSES: Until Filled
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
RESPONSIBLE TO: Health General Manager
SALARY: GS-14 $85,101-$110,633 Full Benefits
GS-15 $100,102-$130,140 Full Benefits
GS-16 Only for employees with 10+ years of Service rendered with the Klamath Tribes
CLASSIFICATION: Professional/Management, Regular, Full-Time
LOCATION: Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services
3949 South 6th Street
Klamath Falls, Oregon
The Administrative Officer (AO) assists the Health General Manager in providing overall administration of Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services’ programs, with specific assigned areas of responsibility. This position will serve as second in command of KTHFS operations; assuming administrative responsibility in the absence of the Health General Manager.
The Administrative Officer performs a wide variety of complex management and administrative functions and duties under the direction of the Health General Manager. Primary responsibilities include providing oversight of assigned departments including the Facilities/Security Department, Purchased/Referred Care Department, Community Transportation Department and the Tribal Intern program, and coordination of special projects as assigned by the Health General Manager. Position Description: Administrative Officer Page 2 of 7 Revised: 08/03/2020
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide direct supervision to the Facilities/Security Director, Purchased/Referred Care Director, Community Transportation Supervisor, Receptionist, Support Services Clerk, and Tribal Intern program.
2. In partnership with the HGM, the AO will develop recommendations for short and long-term objectives. Implement strategies and meet the objectives of the Tribal Council-adopted Strategic Plan. The AO is responsible for maintaining an inventory of ongoing projects.
3. Responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating and ensuring assigned departments are meeting the needs of Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services.
4. Work with other tribal or community organizations to ensure that current services are needed and utilized by Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services’ target population.
5. Provide oversight and supervision of assigned Tribal Health & Family Service departments and/or programs to ensure they are developing appropriate work plans and carrying out assigned tasks, complying with relevant contract provisions, regulations and laws; and following the policy and long-term planning directives of the Tribal Council. Achieve compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
6. Responsible for writing, reviewing, and negotiating contracts, grants and MOA/MOU agreements for KTHFS.
7. Assist with development of the purpose of day-to-day administration, specific department operating policies, procedures in accordance with the Personnel Policies & Procedures of The Klamath Tribes. Implement staff development activities and training for programs under AO oversight.
8. Participate in KTHFS annual program operation budgets; responsible for working with direct reports to create their operating budgets, including forecasted revenues and expenditures, allocate and monitor funds for investment(s) and reserves for programs under AO oversight. Be familiar with program budgets and assist with ensuring funding is utilized in an efficient cost effective manner, providing the best services possible.
9. Engage and participate as a leader in the standards of the AAAHC, Inc. as the foundation for health center quality to include: patient rights, risk management, quality assurance, quality of care, facilities management, infection prevention and control, patient and employee safety, and other quality management and improvement functions. Work on various accreditation committees and perform special projects.
Position Description: Administrative Officer Page 3 of 7 Revised: 08/03/2020
10. Ensure staff and the Tribal public are kept informed of management policies and program goals. Assist with and help direct public information and relations. To include assisting with the KTHFS Quarterly newsletter, etc.
a) Prepare Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services’ Annual Report for presentation to the Klamath Tribes General Council.
b) Respond to and resolve questions, inquires, and complaints from patients with HGM and QA team.
c) Responsible for reviewing and approving all KTHFS event and/or informational media, prior to release to the public.
d) Speak on behalf of KTHFS when assigned.
11. Maintain a professional demeanor. Practice and promote an approach that ensures open communication and accountability throughout the workplace. Create a spirit of teamwork that is the basis for employees’ individual and group efforts. Champion and set an example for ethical, professional behavior in the workplace. Adhere to and promote our customer service standards.
12. Facilitate or attend required meetings of the governing body, Health Advisory Committee, Management Team, Quality Improvement, Risk Management or other ad hoc groups, as assigned by the Health General Manager.
13. Ensure compliance with legal requirements including, but not limited to, patient confidentiality and risk management; compliance with the Privacy Act procedures, HIPAA, Federal, Tribal, and applicable laws and regulations. Coordinate with contracted legal counsel as directed by the HGM.
a) Represent Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services and The Klamath Tribes at various meetings/gathering, i.e. The Nine Tribes of Oregon, Indian Health Services, Northwest Portland Indian Health Board, Oregon Health Authority and other agencies, (rotate attendance with the HGM or as assigned). Actively participate in activities that concern Native people, e.g. NPAIHB, National Indian Health Board, and other national related health seminars, as assigned.
14. The incumbent will be called upon to accomplish special tasks within their scope of work, including but not limited to the following:
a) Provide a written monthly activity report.
b) Prepare the Health General Manager’s monthly activity report.
c) Attend meetings, committees and assist with the management of clinic operations and address staff concerns as needed.
15. When HGM is not available, provide coordination and overall management of healthcare programs; which includes providing technical and administrative support to program directors to institute improvements that ensure effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of services to Tribal members. Reviews operating results,
Position Description: Administrative Officer Page 4 of 7 Revised: 08/03/2020
compares them to established objectives and takes steps to ensure that the appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
16. When HGM is not available, keep the Tribal Council, Program Directors and Management Team updated on the status of Tribal projects, programs, and any issues, concerns, and accomplishments of Tribal staff.
17. When HGM is not available, supervise the business affairs of the facility to ensure that funds are collected and expended to the best possible advantage.
18. When assigned by the HGM encourage Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services and Klamath Tribal Administration programs to coordinate through effective communication and cooperation on joint projects and/or program service delivery.
19. The incumbent will be called upon to accomplish other tasks within his/her scope of work.
All regular duties are performed with supervision from the Health General Manager who defines and establishes program objectives and specifies the resources available. Work is assigned in terms of functional, organizational or departmental objectives. The Health General Manager will advise on unusual situations that do not have clear set precedent or when clarification or interpretation of policy is in question.
Employee works independently toward established objectives; resolves issues based on past precedents; exercises judgment in interpreting guidelines and applicability; and ensures deadlines are met. Duties are performed using sound judgment and comprehensive understanding of the operational environment of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Knowledge of or ability to learn Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services’ mission, organizational structure, function of each department and the requirements of health care delivery systems in order to develop and implement goals, plans and policies; requires working knowledge of all current programs and activities as well as an understanding of related policies and regulations.
Knowledge and skills sufficient to perform required tasks and follow specific procedures in accordance with established policy, practice and priorities of Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services. This includes the ability to plan and organize work using one’s own initiative, make decisions based on experience, and to seek additional information and assistance from other sources as necessary. Position Description: Administrative Officer Page 5 of 7 Revised: 08/03/2020
Ability to work with internal and external managerial and technical staff using strong analytical skills to make informed decisions. Must be able to meet with a variety of individuals in a professional manner using tact, diplomacy and mature judgment.
Ability to provide direction and supervise staff; knowledge of workload, staffing requirements.
Ability to provide technical direction and coordination in a variety of areas including personnel, procurement procedures, information services, and record management.
Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with supervisors, co-workers and the general public.
Must be able to express him/her-self in a clear concise manner for the purpose of correspondence, reports, making presentations, providing instructions and for obtaining information or conveying messages.
Knowledge of fiscal management, personnel, property, supply, and facilities management.
Must have an understanding of the needs and difficulties of administering public programs.
Ability to work under stressful conditions with high volume workloads.
Ability to balance program needs and administrative requirements in the successful completion of organizational goals.
Ability to interpret complex regulations, laws, policies and procedures.
Experience with compiling data and developing reports.
Must have excellent computer skills including but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, e-mail, etc.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of medical records and adhere to the standards for health record-keeping, HIPAA and Privacy Act requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
Minimum Qualifications: Failure to comply with minimum position requirements may result in termination of employment.
REQUIRED to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Health/Business Administration or related field; (Must submit copy of degree or transcripts with application.)
Position Description: Administrative Officer Page 6 of 7 Revised: 08/03/2020
REQUIRED to have seven (7) years work experience managing programs in a health/administration, supervisory, managerial, professional position.
REQUIRED to have experience in Public Relations.
REQUIRED to have strategic planning experience.
REQUIRED to have budget analysis and management experience.
REQUIRED to have experience with grant proposal writing and management.
REQUIRED to have computer experience, using word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
REQUIRED to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
REQUIRED to have demonstrated initiative, technical writing ability, professional judgment, and effective performance of duties with minimal supervision.
REQUIRED to submit to and clear an alcohol/drug screen and random testing as per policy.
REQUIRED to submit to a background and character investigation, as per Tribal policy. Following hire must immediately report to Human Resource any citation, arrest, conviction for a misdemeanor or felony crime.
REQUIRED to submit to annual TB skin testing and adhere to KTHFS staff immunization policy in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control immunization recommendations for healthcare workers.
Previous work experience with Tribal Communities
Indian and Tribal Preference will apply, as per policy. (Must submit tribal documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference).
This position description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. It is not necessarily inclusive and the job may require other essential and/or non-essential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein. Management reserves the sole right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or non-essential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, or by the Position Description: Administrative Officer Page 7 of 7 Revised: 08/03/2020
completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.
Submit a Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services Application for Employment with all requirements and supporting documentation to:
Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services
ATTN: Human Resource
3949 South 6th Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO PROVIDE SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO PROVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR TRIBAL POSITIONS.
Please Note: If requirements are not met, i.e., submission of a resume in lieu of a tribal application or not including a required certification, your application will not be reviewed and will be disqualified.
Indian Preference will apply. In accordance with Klamath Tribal policy, priority in selection will be given to qualified applicants who present proof of eligibility for "Indian Preference".
Applications will not be returned.
Position: Program Administrator Job Status: FT / Non-Exempt
Department: Administration Reports to: CEO or Designee
Position Summary: The Program Administrator functions as a team to coordinate and administer Roots’ ongoing program and projects including planning, organizing, and staffing in support of program activities. The Program Administrator supports a multi-disciplinary team of talented individuals with a shared goal and strategy working toward the vision of Roots by providing effective, collective, and inspiring leadership, and assists the Chief Executive Officer and the entire Executive Management Team in ensuring that programs are carried out in a manner that upholds the organization’s mission and goals to deliver services to the community.
· Develop the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
· Support the development of operating plans to support individual projects within the overall organization
· Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
· Assist in the integration of new programs into the overall organization, including but not limited to: formulating position descriptions, updating the organizational chart, and developing/updating related policies and procedures.
· Recommend and implement new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
· Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and that activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
· Maintain a high degree of credibility, independence, integrity, confidentially and trust.
· Develop forms and records to document program activities
· Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
· Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
· Promotes a supportive, collegial work culture and champions Roots’ core values
· Ensure resource availability and allocation
· Monitor and track progress of projects, and manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs
· Report and escalate to management as needed
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks; report variances and concerns as appropriate.
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
· Support with development, implementation, maintain and revise: policies, procedures and practices of the organization to improve quality and to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
· Support managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery, including equipping them with and training them on appropriate tools and resources
· Collaborate with managers to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
· Understand the legal regulatory framework of Roots Community Health Center as required to ensure compliance across all programs and departments.
· Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, and reports issues to the Compliance Director and/or Risk Management committee as appropriate.
· Recognize personal issues that impact job performance and interactions with clients/patients and staff.
· Demonstrate sound business judgment and support of the Roots’ mission and objectives.
· Earn and maintain respect of the Management team, board members, and staff.
· Exhibit strong analytical and writing skills required to prepare and edit policies and procedures, issue memoranda & other correspondence and compile project / program reports.
· Provide effective communication and role modeling across the organization, including stewardship of all resources.
· Support the Quality Assurance and Improvement committee and its subcommittees
· Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
· Ensures that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and its programs in accordance with organizational standards
· Support program staff by providing direction, input and feedback to staff and/or their managers as appropriate
· Communicate with subcontractors, vendors, clients/patients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
· Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
· Support the completion of project/program reports for management and funders
· Communicate with funders and stakeholders as needed
· In consultation with finance staff, ensure that programs / projects operate within the approved budget
· Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
· Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
· Support the development of funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
· Report evaluation findings to the CEO and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
· Other duties as assigned
· Complete all required documentation and reports in a timely fashion;
· Participate in staff meetings, supervision, agency meetings and staff trainings;
· Carry-out all assigned responsibilities in a professional manner;
· Help keep the center clean and safe at all times;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with minimum 3 years experienced performing administrative functions or related fields with 2 years experienced working in program and /or project management “or”
Associate’s degree in related fields with 4 years experienced working in program development / project management.
Worked Experience Requirements:
· Experience working in non-profit organization or a community clinic preferred, but not required.
Qualifications and desired characteristics:
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
· Demonstrates ability to manage time efficiently and multi-task effectively
· Clear and effective external and internal, verbal and written, communication skills.
· Strong critical thinker and problem solver who can successfully build and lead an execution strategy from a long-term vision
· Excellence in organizational management with the ability to develop high-performing multi- disciplinary teams across an organization; experienced working in a multi-site environment.
· Experienced strategist, innovator, and executor who will contribute in the leadership, management, and growth of the organization; adept at synthesizing information, building stakeholder trust and making sound decisions
· Passion and knowledge of skill-based workforce development programming and social enterprise
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds; strong interpersonal communication skills;
· Ability to work under pressure; good sense of humor; flexible and patient;
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting;
· Detail-oriented with good organizational skills;
· Good computer skills;
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule;
· Valid California Driver License with safe driving record.
· Frequent walking, standing, stair climbing, bending, stooping, lifting (25 lbs. max)
· Gross and fine manual dexterity;
· Must be able to visually observe staff to understand and interpret non-verbal behavior;
· Able to operate standard office machines and equipment including keyboards.
· Able to operate standard office machines and equipment including keyboards.