We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Application Scientist with extensive experience with proteomic sample preparations and back-end data analysis to join our dedicated professional technical team. The successful candidate will help lead our efforts to apply our novel hyperstable proteases to proteomic sample digestions in any number of contexts. Primary research responsibilities will include the testing and development of various front-end sample procedures using entirely new classes of proteases developed in our enzyme-discovery pipeline. This position is fully funded by a National Institutes of Health SBIR Phase II grant. The successful applicant will have the desire to adapt and grow with our young company and the ability to independently run a team to accomplish defined business and technical goals. Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for working as part of a lean team in a fast-paced ‘startup’ environment are essential. Most importantly, we are seeking an individual who is willing and able to be resourceful, creative, flexible and has a strong desire to learn new things while having fun doing it.
- Develop and test novel proteases and enzymes for proteomic sample preparation.
- Optimize protocols for performance, ease, and speed.
- Manage project goals and timelines.
- Supervise direct reports who will assist with biochemical assays, enzyme production, and downstream processing.
- Collaborate with partner companies and academic labs to field test enzyme products.
- Establish quality control specifications and testing.
- Work with co-founders to design product packaging, inserts, and website copy.
- Identify and test new specialty applications.
- A passion for extreme biology and enzymes.
- PhD in biochemistry or related field with proteomics experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing people and running a science team.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and scientific documentation skills.
- Must be self-directed, able to manage competing demands and tight deadlines, and persistently focused on prioritizing the delivery of value to customers.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly.
- Keen eyes for improving processes. Drive to get it right.
- A coachable attitude and desire to improve those around you. Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and an eagerness to help.
Compensation and Benefits
- $75,000 to $100,000 annually; commensurate with experience
- Equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible time-off policy
Please send your resume and briefly (1 page max) share your thoughts on these questions so we can know a little about you:
- Why would you like to work at CinderBio?
- Why do you think you are particularly well suited for this position?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?