Are you a skilled fundraising professional who believes in lending your skills to end hunger? If so, consider being the Director of Annual Fund for the San Francisco Marin Food Bank.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 5 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Director of Annual Fund to help with overseeing a complex, multi-channel fundraising campaign that delivers against department objectives. See job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
The Director of Annual Fund is responsible for a complex, multi-channel fundraising campaign that delivers against department objectives to 1) increase annual operating revenue while reducing cost per dollar raised and 2) build a major gifts pipeline.
This position requires an individual who is an experienced team leader who can think strategically and creatively; manage multiple tasks; deliver outcomes diplomatically and in alignment with the department workplan. The Director must shape an advanced vision – grounded in the donor data -- to grow annual fund revenue. The Director must also be comfortable owning the systems and processes needed to execute on that vision.
This position is responsible for the overall success of the Food Bank’s direct response annual giving programs, including direct mail and online campaigns to acquire, cultivate, renew and upgrade donors under $1K; will partner with Leadership Gifts to cultivate the mid-level individual giving program for donors making annual gifts of $1,000-$9,999; and will drive pipeline strategy for moving annual donors into the major gifts pool.
Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Development, this position oversees a team that consists of the Digital Fundraising Manager and the Annual Fund Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Team Leadership and Collaboration
Fundraising and Donor Stewardship
Planning and Administration
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard office
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: NOT APPLICABLE.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Title: Head of Finance / CFO
Location: San Jose CA
Type: Full time permanent position
Salary range: $150K
Our client is a fast paced, high growth IT professional services firm providing turnkey transformational solutions in Digital Transformation. They are a successful mid-sized IT Professional Services organization in the retail space. They are making a great impact for their clients, as well as the retail online commerce marketplace. They have an entrepreneurial culture, with an open door policy, high collaboration and teamwork, and high passion/loyalty amongst team members and executives.
Position Responsibilities and Experience
- Reporting to the CEO, global, entrepreneurial CFO responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting and helping to drive growth in organization
- Management and leadership of onshore and offshore staff, including outsourced resources (small team, so this job will be 75% hands on in the day to day operations as well)
- Heading all finance and accounting operations globally and full responsibility for strategy, management and operations
- Focus on making accounting functions seamless, global and scalable. Make accounting more robust, systematic and put right systems in place
- All aspects of finance/accounting, internal audits, consolidation, ERP implementation (currently using Quickbooks), payroll, invoicing/collections, etc.
- Research for opening new markets (IE: model of engagement, taxation, regulations)
- Experience scaling companies for growth, and possible acquisition
- Should have strong understanding of a professional IT SERVICES FIRM (large consulting engagements and business model)
- Must be entrepreneurial, well-rounded and thrive in fast paced environments, possess mindset on growth and efficiencies, not afraid to roll up sleeves, be very collaborative and resolution focused, and possess excellent leadership qualities
If you meet these qualifications and would like to learn more, please send your resume and cover letter or summary of related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements.
The First Digital, Inc. is looking for a Head of Finance and Accounting to support its finance operations. This role will be the reporting backbone for The First Digital, Inc. as it continues its rapid staff growth and expansion of distribution. Responsibilities include general accounting, report writing and planning analysis to support the budgeting, forecasting, and monthly close activities of the finance division. The self-driven Manager will take a front seat approach to identifying the reporting needs and ensure the accuracy of all accounting & financial management reports.
· Accounting management: Check books and banks daily, ensure all accounts (including intercompany accounts) are reconciled and books are closed properly.
· Employee Payroll: Manage the payroll process and ensure accuracy and make changes as necessary.
· Contract Management: Ensure all contractual terms are translated properly into payables/receivables.
· Reporting: Internal and external, including budgets vs. actuals, department breakdowns, show by show, etc.
· Oversee cost analysis, budget planning & expense forecasts
· Manage employee benefits administration.
· Communicate regularly with CPA regarding tax issues and quarterly/yearly filings.
· Managing invoices, cash flow, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
· Reconciling business transactions & auditing business expenses
· Monitoring balance sheets and P&L
· Responsible for all regular and ad hoc financial management reporting, and ensure the accuracy, consistency and integrity of the reports
· Establish and maintain a directory of management reports
· Adhering to strict confidentiality and maintaining a high level of integrity
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Math or Computer Science.
· Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations, CPA preferred.
· 5+ years of experience public accounting and/or corporate accounting experience.
· Analytical approaches to problem-solving, with comfort in data manipulation, as well media and financial data sets.
· Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
· Able to work comfortably under pressure while maintaining high attention to detail.