Mollie Stone’s Markets is a local, family owned grocery store chain in the San Francisco Bay area, serving customers since 1986. With 32 years of exemplary performance in the market, Mollie Stone’s continues to make a difference in people’s lives through food. Currently maintaining 9 Grocery Stores, a Produce Warehouse and Headquarters in Mill Valley, CA, we succeed in the industry by ensuring we deliver a large variety of exciting and quality products in an attractive and positive environment.
About the Role:
Mollie Stone's Markets seeks a responsible person for our Head Clerk position for our store location in Palo Alto. The Head Clerk assumes leadership for the store in the absence of the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, and Second Assistant. This individual must have a passion for customer service, food, and a desire to provide a tailored shopping experience for all customers. This position is Part Time.
About the Benefits:
Why should you apply?
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Mollie Stone’s Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Available position(s) include but not limited to: Sandwich Maker, Slicer, and/or Cashier.
We are an extremely busy deli so applicants must be prepared to work in a very fast-paced work environment. Must be willing to work weekends and/or night shifts. Guaranteed raise at full time, plus tips. Please provide a brief summary about yourself and your work history. Also, include your phone number so that we can contact you to go over the job in more detail. Both part time and full time available.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Receive, process and issue warehouse stock; assure stock and warehouse facility is maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
· Receive, identify, label (if necessary) and place materials sent to the warehouse according to established procedures.
· Prepare various stock for delivery according to established procedures.
· Pick up and deliver items utilizing company vehicles as required.
· Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
· Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
· Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping, pallet area, and workstations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
· Wear the proper safety equipment.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Maintain regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Modern warehousing and storekeeping procedures including shipping and receiving.
· Issuing materials, proper and orderly storage, optimum space utilization and stock inventory procedures.
· Proper lifting techniques.
· Health and safety regulations.
· Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
· Inventory methods and practices.
· Receive, store, pick-up and distribute supplies, materials and equipment.
· Train and provide work direction to others.
· Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Lift heavy objects.
· Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
· Meet schedules and timelines.
· Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
· Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
· Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
· Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
· Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
· Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and two years increasingly responsible experience in a warehouse facility.