Are you passionate about building a movement to make sure every student in California has a world-class public school? Innovate Public Schools is looking for a part time Digital Communications Assistant, reporting directly to the Communications Associate and based in our San Jose office. The Digital Communications Assistant is responsible for supporting the communications team to draft, post and update web, email and social media content. This is a temporary part time, non-exempt position.
About Innovate Public Schools
is a nonprofit organization focused on improving public schools in the Bay Area and Los Angeles to make sure that all students - especially low-income students, students of color, and students with disabilities - have access to schools that will prepare them for success in college, careers, and life. We’re building a movement of families, educators, and business and elected leaders who together will make this vision a reality. We build the capacity of parents and educators to innovate and act together to create world-class public schools.
We publish easy-to-understand data and research to inform the public about which schools are excelling, which ones are struggling, and where to find solutions that work. We work with educators from both school districts and charter schools to start excellent new public schools and redesign chronically low-performing schools. And we support and empower parents in high-need communities in California and around the country so they can effectively advocate for better schools and sustain community efforts over the long term.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Apply here. Please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and what you would bring to Innovate Public Schools. Open until filled.
Innovate Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Creative lead for multiple projects. Works closely with the Creative Director to formulate overall creative strategy for projects.The Sr. Designer then manages all aspects of creative including directing Graphics Designers and Production Artists, working with account and project managers and working with printing and fabrication as necessary. The Sr Designer is expected to represent Image Options professionally and confidently at all client meetings and presentations and add value as a creative subject matter expert. Sr Designers will conceptualize, develop, refine, prepare and present at all client and internal presentations. Sr. Designers will lead a variety of projects including at least one large corporate event. This position will require some travel for client meetings, site visits and onsite support.
Work simultaneously on multiple projects based on current workload
Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites and other media
Put together disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as the icons, photographs and other components necessary for a website design
Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentation
4+ years in professional commercial design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
Adaptive design eye and skill
Excellent communication skills
Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATION
Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels and ads)
Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content
Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising
Leverage the right tools to manage your content
Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print and digital marketing)
Manage or oversee all social advertising campaigns
Leading digital web agency is looking for an experienced UI/ Graphic Designer to provide website mock-ups / Design for our responsive design as well as the mobile application experiences. You are passionate about delivering both an intuitive and engaging user interface design as well as great user experience design.
You apply best practices and forward-thinking design principles to new and existing work and wants to actively contribute to the long-term success of our customers.
This position also requires you to capture and represent ideas and concepts through beautiful design. Being an "out-of-the-box" thinker to create powerful, impactful, clean, and audience-targeted designs and hold their creations to the highest standards.
1. Create design mock-ups providing creative expertise, hands on design of high-fidelity visuals. You will create a graphic or a brand style guide.
2. Conceive or based on a template design from start to finish and drive concepts and idea ideation based on Agency’s customer business requirements.
3. Work with website Project Manager, Developers, Testers and stakeholder (customers) to ensure the design is aligned to the business /or customer needs and implemented as designed.
4. Take on the overall responsibility for the UI / UX design of the platform, ensuring a clean, modern and elegant user interface that places the user at the center of the design.
5. Convert business requirements into great UI designs; bringing them to life with a variety of visual techniques including typography and images.
6. Revise mock-ups until stakeholder (customers) sign off the design
7. Create engaging and original designs at different levels of fidelity that reflect the business need and the user’s emotions as provided sample reference designs
8. Deliver designs supporting multiple devices and following through with stakeholder (customers) approvals
9. Closely partner with the Lead Developer to ensure the resulting implementation from the implementation aligns with the stakeholder’s (customers) desired experience
10. Collaborate harmoniously with multiple stakeholders to synthesize and incorporate feedback appropriately with equanimity and design related changes
1. A strong portfolio of relevant, interactive work via web, mobile and tablet that demonstrates both their graphic design background.
2. The experience of a create a brand style guide
3. 5-7 years of experience across UI graphic design disciplines such as UI design, and graphic design.
4. 5-7 years of extensive experience using Adobe Creative Suite, and Adobe illustrator
5. Advanced understanding and leveraging of UI design leading practices for Responsive Web Design (RWD), reusable UI patterns.
6. Experience with internationalization and creating solutions for a global audience
7. Strong teamwork, self-management, problem-solving abilities and interpersonal skill
8. Strong verbal and written, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate the value of design to product, business, and technology leaders and ability to articulate your design vision and defend your design decisions
9. Bachelor's or higher degree in art background.
10. Travel to our establishment to join a meeting with Agency’s clients