Are you a skilled Campaign Materials Strategist who believes in lending your skills to end hunger? If so, consider being a Major Gift Officer for the San Francisco Marin Food Bank.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Campaign Materials Strategist to help in leading our program efforts of our organization. See job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
The Campaign Materials Strategist plays an essential role in the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank’s capital campaign. In partnership with the Campaign Director, the Strategist will focus on the development of customized proposals, prospect briefings and other materials. The Strategist will own the critical tasks associated with driving the campaign donor pipeline through the solicitation cycle. They will be a seasoned, highly experience fundraising professional accustomed to delivering polished, strategic, and very sophisticated materials for a highly discerning donor and volunteer audience.
Part-time 15-20 hours per week
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Environment: Standard office
Finger dexterity: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium to heavy work; requiring stooping and exerting up to 50 lbs. of force lifting, carrying, and or packing food resources or NOT APPLICABLE.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Are you interested in politics? Do you have a passion for community and education? Looking for an internship that can be safely completed during Shelter-in-Place?
Progressive, Oakland-based consulting firm is seeking interns for a local OUSD school board campaign. Ideal candidates can commit to working 10-15 hours per week, beginning in late-July and continuing through Election Day on November 3rd. This is an unpaid internship opportunity that will provide hands-on experience in a critical local election. Each week, interns will join training sessions that cover a variety of topics given by consultants and special guest speakers.
Interns will perform a variety of tasks throughout the campaign.
The following is a list of the most frequently required tasks:
If you are interested or have any questions please send an email with a resume attached to
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall strategic and operational functions of staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission. The Executive Director must have a deep knowledge of the field of criminal justice, core programs, operations, and business plans.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT:
· Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, business development, marketing and communications; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
· Lead, coach, develop and retain high performance senior management team.
· Ensure effective systems are in place to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, contract/funding partners, and the community.
· Develop new contract opportunities.
· Design model programs and present to strategic contract partners.
· Participate in senior management staff meetings to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team.
· Complete in-service training for continued personal and professional self-development. (Full-time management staff are required 40 hours per year.)
· Attend conferences relevant to the field to develop new business opportunities and bring back latest research and evidence-based practice.
· Provide support for production of RFP’s and other documents.
· Other duties as assigned.
Educational/Work Experience Requirements:
· BA in criminal justice, business management or in related field.
· Ten years of work experience, with at least five years of senior management experience.
· Track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization and staff.
· Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
· Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
· Strong marketing, public relations and business development experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
· Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning.
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
· Passion, idealism, integrity positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
· Proficient in Word, Outlook. Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint a plus.
Prime Government Contractor is looking for qualified individuals available Monday – Friday to lead Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, and Meditation workouts 1 hour/day for the US Coast Guard in Alameda, CA.
Create your own work out programs while earning a base pay of $27.50+ per hour, plus paid holidays, benefit pay, and accumulated sick leave. Two weeks paid vacation after 1 year of service. Job opportunity is for a base year + (4) optional years of employment.
Instructional Training would begin on October 1, 2020.
COME HELP US KICK OFF OUR NEW ESSENTIAL PROGRAM!!!
We are looking for Customer Service Associates for our Essential Government Funded Program. This is a government-funded position where we enroll individuals on any type of government assistance to receive a FREE wireless phone.
We are willing to train highly motivated people from customer service positions into entry-level management roles. Openings are ideal for graduates or professionals with customer service experience looking for a rewarding career change. You must have a minimum associate degree in general studies, or relevant experience to qualify!
Benefits of working for our company?
Average Customer Service Associate earns in excess of $500.00 per week!! (we pay weekly, not bi-weekly)
MOST OF ALL LENDING A HELPING HAND TO INDIVIDUALS NEEDING ASSISTANCE
- Here at Legion, we are looking for qualified individuals who are interested in customer service as well as reaching out and helping those in need in their community.
Qualified candidates MUST show:
Interest in moving into Management Role within 90 days (with appropriate mentoring/training)
A level of professionalism for dealing with business owners and decision-makers
"Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records."
The Customer Service Representatives will ensure accurate and timely collection and analysis of the Federal LifeLine Program data for monitoring progress towards meeting goals and reporting to agency funders.
The Customer Service Representative champions initiatives for the greater good through impactful promotional strategies and events. The ultimate goal of the program is to assist underprivileged community members in obtaining basic communication tools to improve the quality of life and seek impactful alternatives for low-income families to increase their socio-economic standing and provide overall job security.
As National Fitness Campaign (NFC) expands across America, we are looking for a talented sales professional to lead government sales on our Partnership Development team. This position provides a valuable opportunity for the right professional to engage in meaningful, powerful, and impactful work that will shape the built environment in America for decades. Candidates who have exceptional communication and consultative skills, experience in government sales, and a passion for health and wellness are an excellent fit for the position.
About National Fitness Campaign:
National Fitness Campaign is a San Francisco based social enterprise dedicated to building health and happiness in cities across America by bringing world-class fitness outdoors. The NFC team is an interdisciplinary consulting group that builds partnerships in cities and schools to plan, fund, and build healthy infrastructure, and improve the quality of life for people. The imaginative and innovative program NFC delivers evolves from our digital Fitness Court platform.
See our 2-minute video: https://nationalfitnesscampaign.com/watch
The first National Fitness Campaign in the 1980's reached over 4,000 communities. The new Campaign is now exploding across the country with our powerful initiative, tested and developed over four years in San Francisco and at Stanford University. Partners in over 40 states have already joined the movement. By 2022, new digitally connected Fitness Courts will be in 1,000 cities and schools nationwide.
About the position:
As a leader on the Partnership Development team, you will succeed as a consultant who delivers design and value-based solutions to cities and schools that improve the quality of life outdoors. The NFC program and services are built on and around the Fitness Court, the world's best outdoor gym, and use the unique and exciting toolkit that is our national fitness campaign.
As a senior director, you will build and expand relationships with high value, large scale partnerships across our Campaign, including programs with some of the most innovative cities, corporations, and foundations in America. Successful candidates will have a background working with government, identifying champions, building consensus and engaging stakeholders to win funding and approvals for community projects.
Tremendous incentives are provided in this role for you to succeed, and to engage your best efforts as we grow National Fitness Campaign, bringing healthy living to millions!
Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Project Manager, Information Governance Program
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through August 2021
Our Customer is one of the leading global interconnection platforms and the world’s largest data center provider. They connect the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the world's most connected data centers in 52 markets across five continents. Their mission is to protect, connect and power the digital economy.
We are seeking a Project Manager on a contract basis to support the Information Governance (IG), Program Manager, Global Legal Operations. In this role you will work alongside members of the Information Governance team, you will be part of the Global Legal Operations team.
What You’ll Do:
• Be responsible for working as part of the Program team and with various stakeholders from project initiation through to completion
• Plan for the delivery of the assigned projects, use formal processes and tools to manage resources, risks, issues, and changes related to the project
• Support the information gathering and presenting the requirements to business areas and IT to support the delivery of the program objectives, as part of the overall Information Governance Program
• Employ project management best practices and methodologies, including monitoring mechanisms and success metrics, as agreed in the assigned projects
• Develop and produce plans, tracking and ensuring their accuracy, defining ownership, timeline, and accountability for the project tasks
• Act as the liaison with various stakeholders, including IT, as needed
• Manage meetings, define and publish objects to ensure effective project progress tracking
• Gather requirements for and produce the appropriate change management materials required to support the implementation
• Drive effective communication with project stakeholders and Program Manager
• As part of the overall program, define, develop and produce, procedures, and processes as required
• Use a variety of communications methods to deliver information relevant to the audience and project needs
• Ensure all risks and issues impacting project or program progress are logged and escalated as appropriate
• Oversee management reporting, analytics, and metrics for the project
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management
• Demonstrate the ability to manage key project components – scope, time cost quality, resource, change, and risk management, using the appropriate tools and methodologies
• Strong multitasking and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills and tools, e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint
• IT literate with a clear understanding of the tools commonly in use, Word, Excel, Outlook, O365
• PMP, Prince or similar qualification
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Redwood City, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.