The Gardener /Grounds Maintenance Worker performs all aspects of gardening and ground maintenance work necessary to deliver lawns, plant/flower beds, parking areas, atriums, landscaped areas, walkways, driveways, and curbs and gutters that are well-maintained. The Worker must perform tasks on schedule, plan equipment needs effectively, and communicate materials requirements timely. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years of experience in the area of lawn maintenance; can pass a background check and drug screen to qualify for access to secured government facilities; reads, writes, and speaks English; and is eligible for work in the United States. This role reports to the Janitorial Services Project Manager.
- Ensure curb appeal. Mow grass, edge grass, and weed designated areas.
- De-thatch and aerate lawns, seed lawns, and fertilize designated areas using equipment provided in a safe and effective manner as scheduled.
- Rake and remove leaves, trim trees and shrubbery, and plant replacement flowers, shrubs, plants, or ground cover as required.
- Clean parking areas and driveways to keep them free of gravel, mud, weeds, leaves, rocks, and other debris.
- Remove all trash and debris from curbs and gutters, walkways, lawns and shrubs. Dispose of debris according to requirements.
- Report dead, dying, or diseased plants, shrubs, or ground cover.
- Report safety hazards in walkways, driveways, parking areas, etc.
- Report any incident or injury immediately.
- Report any equipment in need of repair.
- Maintain accurate timekeeping records and complete daily report.
- Maintain a polite, friendly, and responsive demeanor with clients and their guests.
- Assist janitorial crew as needed.
- Previous experience as a Gardener, Groundskeeper, or Lawn Maintenance Worker.
- Ability to work for long periods of time on your feet, lift 75 pounds, bend, stoop, kneel, move safely over uneven terrain, and wear required personal protective equipment for the job being performed.
- Experience working in a variety of inclement weather conditions including heat and humidity.
- Satisfactory skill operating all hand tools properly and safely.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks in an atmosphere of distractions while following all safety guidelines.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment and background check and drug screening will be required.
This position description is a summary and not a complete representation of the position; the essential functions of the position may change as duties are assigned.
OCS is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. OCS complies with all applicable laws.
OCS Construction Services, Inc. is a fast-growing general contractor, delivering cutting-edge construction solutions and outstanding service to a diverse group of customers throughout California, Arizona, and Nevada. As an award-winning U.S. Small Business Administration firm, we constantly strive to exceed expectations through innovation, collaboration, and best practices.