- Lead cross functional teams on strategic vision for new products and effectively lead them to commercialize new products or product improvements with excellence including problem solving challenges.
- Lead major strategic projects and/or innovation platforms for product management category team and/or total businesses inclusive of innovation and base business. Develop business rationale supported by data/analytics, develop/recommend project plan, present to senior management, and lead project from idea to successful implementation/execution.
- Partner with the Director to set vision, objectives and plans for business and projects.
- Leverage shopper insights and data to develop recommendations around “white space” opportunities, develop size of prize and go to market strategy.
- Lead others to support initiatives. Lead collaboration with cross functional partners and external stakeholders.
- Focus on delivering exceptional results with little guidance and escalating as necessary.
- Make analysis-based recommendations. Present them concisely and persuasively.
- Expected to seek ways to improve business results and organization on own, not waiting until being directed or asked to do.
- Improve the organization by making recommendations to improve projects, programs and streamline functions. Coach and develop others in formal reporting lines, teams, or informal mentoring and coaching.
- Execute with excellence, seeing projects and programs through to completion.
Skills and Abilities:
- Expert analytical skills: category management analytics, PC skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Demonstrated success at Manager level. Success against work plans and job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross functional team members and external stakeholders to deliver projects
- Demonstrated strategic thinking. Strong understanding and application of innovation thinking and the 4Ps of marketing.
- Demonstrated high capacity, strong work ethic and productivity. Ability to multi-task and manage many complex projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated successful written and oral presentations skills. Ability to structure and deliver persuasive recommendations.
- Must be able to understand and communicate techniques involved in training, merchandising and marketing items.
- Strong customer service focus and team building skills. Strong understanding of the divisions and how to influence merchandising.
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to present to senior leaders both internally and externally.