The Food & Beverage Manager will direct and manage all aspects of Food & Beverage operation at the Commerce Casino.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manages all employees in the Food & Beverage Department, front of house:
a. Schedules labor as required by anticipated business activity, adhering to labor cost objectives.
b. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and terminations.
c. Creates employee performance evaluations for front of house employees and supervisors..
d. Sets performance standards and work goals, coaching employees on a daily basis.
e. Initiates corrective/disciplinary action as necessary per Company policies.
2. Assures exceptional dining experience and guest service to restaurant and casino patrons through effective leadership and direction of Service Personnel.
3. Establish business plan by surveying restaurant demand; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates.
4. Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
5. Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of dining areas. s
6. Create and implement service policies and standards. Provide leadership and direction in the enforcement of these standards.
7. Maintain professional restaurant/facility image, including cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
8. Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Investigate and makes decisions to resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
9. Ensure accurate and timely documentation of attendance and variance reports, customer issues, and shift reports.
10. Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
11. Assure all Commerce Casino Policies, Procedures, and Standards are being followed at all times.
12. Active participation in all departmental and company training programs, as required.
13. Perform additional tasks as directed by Food & Beverage Director or Sr. F&B Operations Manager.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside of an employee’s normal line of work.
Education: College degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years front of house restaurant experience in a management capacity, or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years in Beverage Operations/Management experience required. Experience in the use of standard restaurant POS systems is required-Squirrel Systems knowledge preferred. Experience with inventory management programs, such as Birchstreet or similar preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand and walk no less than 10 hours per day; be able to lift up to (20) pounds for various job related duties, as needed.
Training Requirements: In addition to company and departmental general administrative, health department, food safety, Safety/OSHA training, Tips Certification tare required.
Knowledge Required: Strong knowledge of front of house guest service techniques typical of a full service restaurant setting, and fast casual bar concepts. Knowledge of Point of Sale electronic check ordering systems is required.
Other Requirements: Must have Serv-Safe or be able to acquire during probationary period. The ability to interact professionally and positively with employees, superiors, and guests is essential. Must have the ability to quickly and effectively analyze and resolve guest complaints and employee disputes. Must be an effective leader, comfortable with training, disciplinary actions, and ability to perform in all outlets of the casino F & B department. Proficiency in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, training, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports. Open and flexible schedule is required, and candidate must be able to work demanding and changing hours, including graveyard, if required.