We're a New Orleans inspired casual dining cafe-style restaurant near the Ashby BART Station. We need a person for both front and back-of-house (everybody does both). We need a cashier, wait person, busser aka bus person, server, runner, prep cook AND dishwasher. Everyone here does everything. Essentially, we want a jack of all trades, master of some kind of person. It would help to have had management experience but it’s not required. What is required is to send a resume. Don't just swing by to chat with us. We will contact folks to come in for interviews.
Availability: We are open 7 days a week, AM and PM. Must be available to work some weekend shifts, evenings, etc.
Experience: Y'all MUST have service experience of some type. Managerial experience strongly preferred. Fast track to manager for motivated individual.
Don't Stress Out: Gots to be able to multi-task with a level head. Things get stressful. You need to deal with your stuff and make sure everyone else is too and supporting one another to boot.
Down With Other Humans: Gotta be able to get along with all types of folk. This is a must. Our staff and customers cross all lines of race, orientation, and ideology. It's grotesque that this is an issue, but: if you can't take orders from a woman please don't waste our time by applying. Most of the management is female. Also, no racists or fascists, thanks.
Service skills: Knowing how to interact with the public and be patient with them is critical. Our joint is unusual and we have to be proactive with making people feel comfortable and explaining our wacky jazz. We're mostly cynical curmudgeons, but everyone has to be able to exude sunshine and lollipops despite their potential existential disillusionment.
Clean Driving Record: We have extra hours and extra money for someone who can drive to offsite catering and do setups.
As previously mentioned: everybody does everything. You're gonna help customers, plate entrees, wash dishes, dice vegetables, mop floors, bake corn bread, dice plates, mop entrees, bake customers, and wash corn bread. Everything. (Except the main cooking, that is.) Pay is $15-17 an hour plus a piece of the tip jar to start.
SEND A RESUME, for Cthulhu's sake.
Cupcakin’ Bake Shop-Bakery Associate
Cupcakin’ Bake Shop is an independently owned small business and we're growing! We are looking for amazing customer service ambassadors to join our team. As a Bakery Associate, you play an integral part of our team by providing superior customer service. You’re responsible for engaging and connecting with every customer and following our G.I.F.T model to ensure satisfaction and loyalty. You’re the expert of our product and use your expertise and knowledge to educate, suggest and delight our customers taste buds. With the support of your leadership team you’ll deliver a consistent customer experience alongside our amazing cupcakes and cakes.
What You’ll Do
*Who You Are
Benefits of Working
*Job Type: Part-time Salary: $16.07 /hour
- Greeting customers (in person or over the phone)
- Ringing up purchases
- Providing customers with information about items
- Taking orders over the phone
- Doing dishes
- A punctual, reliable and proactive person
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Motivation to work through busy shifts
- Motivation and will to perfect skillset
- Ability to follow directions without deviating
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
*Please note: UNFORTUNATELY, WE ARE NOT HIRING FOR TEMPORARY OR SEASONAL POSITIONS.
Bette's Oceanview Diner is looking for full-time waitstaff as we expand our hours. We are serving outdoors at the moment, as well as doing take away, and following all necessary health precautions to keep our staff and customers safe.
Summary of Position:
Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
• Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
• Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
• Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
• Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
• Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
• Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
• Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
• Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
• Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
• Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
• Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
• Be 21 years of age.
• Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
• Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least five years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
• Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Problem Solving
· Service orientation
· Active listening
· Social perceptiveness