Summary of Job Description Chicago Run seeks a part time Coach interested working between 10-20 hours per week, alongside the Chicago Run Program Team to support in the growth and development of our programming in sites across the city of Chicago. This position will specifically be working with our south region partner sites. The Coach will be responsible for overseeing, implementing and evaluating our running programs, including managing daily program operations, maintaining and coordinating relationships with schools and site partners, and providing logistical support across the team. This position implements programming during and after school.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Lead weekly running and physical activity sessions with elementary school students during the school day
· Lead or co-lead weekly after-school running practices with Running Mates team(s)
· Maintain regular communication with school Site Coordinators, Principals, and other staff via email, phone, and in person
· Help identify and troubleshoot any issues with program delivery
· Provide consistent reports regarding status of programs and relationships with schools
· Aid in the development and enhancement of the over-all health and wellness environment at schools and implement innovative physical activity · Makes exercise FUN for students and school staff!
· Help teachers with uploading classrooms on databases, updating school information, tracking waivers and evaluations tools, and monitoring participant progress
· Oversee Chicago Run Virtual Marathon Database
· Ensure delivery of incentives to schools including (lanyards, water bottles, etc.); inform students about the importance of the incentives and goal-setting
· Work with program staff to develop new and innovative indoor fitness activities, resources, and trainings
· Provide support and coordinates logistics for Fun Run celebratory events with students and teachers
· Provide support at all Running Mates team-building events and races throughout the season
· Attend and assist with logistics of all other Chicago Run related events
· Support the Program Team and broader staff as needed on additional tasks and projects
· An ideal candidate has a minimum 1-2 years of equivalent work experience working with sports-based youth development programs or youth serving organizations
· Demonstrates a passion for Chicago Run’s mission and advancing adolescent health and wellness
· Has familiarity and interest in working with youth programs, great enthusiasm for working in Chicago Public Schools and be comfortable working with diverse populations
· Must be willing/interested in working in the south region of Chicago
· Must be willing to travel to schools throughout the city as part of their daily schedule, car preferred
· Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Exhibits strong organizational skills and is detail-oriented
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment and possesses flexibility
· Has strong interpersonal skills and able to build relationships and communicate with a diverse array of stakeholders
· Spanish speaking preferred, not required
StretchLab is seeking athletic trainers, massage therapists and personal trainers to join our StretchLab team in our new studio in Uptown Park Ridge, IL. This is an amazing opportunity to gain experience in the new modality of one-on-one assisted stretching that is taking the health & fitness industry by storm.
StretchLab is the industry leader in offering one-on-one assisted stretching. With Co-Founders coming from the Personal Training industry, StretchLab has created a variety of offerings to empower clients to ‘Live Long’. StretchLab’s proprietary Flexologist™ Training Program (FTP) ensures that their client’s receive a world class stretching session.
Our Flexologists will provide one-on-one assisted stretches as well as lead guided group stretching classes for our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Deliver one-on-one assisted stretch sessions as well as group stretch classes for up to 6 clients.
Encourage and motivate clients throughout stretch sessions.
Build StretchLab memberships, retain current clientele and build your book of business
Ensure safety of clients in regards to proper stretching techniques and enforcing StretchLab policies and safety rules.
Attend staff meetings, webinars and required educational presentations.
Assist sales associates and General Manager with studio tour, offsite presale pop up events, and sales as needed.
Maintain strong social media presence to client membership and retention.
Clean and maintain studio and all equipment in order to ensure availability for client use at any given time.
Love of boutique fitness environment is a must – passion for stretching, flexibility and mobility.
Licensed Massage Therapist
Certified Athletic Trainer, Personal Trainer or Sports Coach
Licensed Physical Therapist (or PT aid)
Current up to date fitness certification or license required
Experience in a fitness/health environment providing hands-on training with client
Fantastic communication skills and exudes empathy
Must love connecting with people and have a passion for helping them achieve goals.
Must have a professional work ethic, be reliable and adhere to our attendance policies.
Must be available to go through our Flexologist Training Program, which includes 20 hours of online tutorials, 2 days of in-person/hands-on training and 20 hours of practice.
Do you have a passion for fitness and looking to impact the lives of the older adult population? If so, we have fitness opportunities for our partnership with the Chicago Department of Family & Support Services (CDoFSS).
Great part-time and subbing opportunities throughout the City of Chicago.
As a CDoFSS Fitness Instructor, you will provide fitness education sessions and work closley with the particpants to improve the overall quality of their life through group exercise classes and assessments/consultations. Our unique program is designed to keep participants fit and active. Our Instructors encourage, motivate, and help any and all seniors with their specific needs in the fitness program, and help seniors identify and overcome barries to adherence to the exercise program.
Why work for us?
We are a 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company! For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings.
Symbria’s Talent Team handles candidate communication directly rather than utilizing outside agencies; if interested in this role, direct application to the job posting and contact with a Symbria talent team member is recommended.