Saint Joseph Notre Dame High School is a co-educational, Catholic parish high school located in the heart of residential Alameda, just minutes from downtown Oakland. SJND offers academic excellence and moral development to its diverse and talented 450 students. The 65 staff members are dedicated to the development of confident, open-minded, generous leaders who are ready to live joyful lives of faith, scholarship and service. The school educates future leaders in a supportive and challenging environment.
Looking for an individual with good accounting knowledge, as well as practical business office skills including managing general ledger accounts, liaison with other departments and their external vendor reports, outreach and customer service to customers and vendors.
This position works in a private Catholic high school in the Finance Business Office with one other teammate and reports to the Director of Finance.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Regional Finance Manager is responsible for providing actionable and proactive analysis to executive leadership. He or she will work under the guidance of and assists the Operations Director in managing the oversight, preparation, and distribution of the regional internal and customer financial reporting. Responsibilities will include overseeing or monitoring monthly activities including analysis and management of operating expense, oversight, reporting of actual and accurate financial reports, and forecasting results.
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses and capital expenditures.
• Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
• Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
• Quarterly and Monthly Financial Statement analysis.
• Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
• Assist the Regional Leadership in directing the business process of the region in accordance with corporate policies.
• Manage, review and assist with the monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results.
• Manage, review and assist with providing data to the Regional VP and other operational personnel on operating costs data, including productivity reporting, equipment & labor utilization, per diem spend, and other back office and operational indirect expenses.
• Supports Operations in preparation of monthly business review meeting by helping to prepare explanations of variances to budget and forecast.
• Responsible for holding monthly major project reviews with Project Managers and document explanations of variances to bid.
• Overall responsibility of the billing and collections function of the region. Provide leadership and mentoring for Billing Specialists. Develop procedures and streamline processes that results in an improved collection cycle.
• Responsible for regional profit & loss and balance sheet management, working with regional director to set and adhere to financial targets.
• Monitor and manage cash collection process.
• 5 years of experience in finance or accounting.
• Experience in the construction or utility industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CFA or CPA a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
• Must be willing to travel with their assigned region.
What you get:
Paid time off
Pay: $100,000-$120,000 / yearly
Job Type: Full-time/Direct Hire
The Assistant Controller is responsible for supporting a strong control environment that provides financial expertise to the school. The Assistant Controller is an integral part of the Finance Team, assisting the CFO and Controller in carrying out the goals and objectives for the Business Department.
• Displays strong level of business ethics and integrity in the management of the School’s financial operations and resources.
• Responsible for preparation of all financial records associated with Funds.
• Aids in preparation of annual budget and provides monthly budget reports to department heads and other budget managers, assisting them in resource management.
• With the Controller, establishes monthly / quarterly / yearly reporting calendar and coordinates closes.
• Assists in end-to-end close process, including periodic preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Prepares monthly financial statements, management / board reports and trend analysis to ensure that all results are proper and prepared in accordance with GAAP guidelines.
• Records monthly investment activity and roll forward schedule.
• Monitors and analyzes actual results compared to budget throughout the year.
• Supports the annual audit including providing schedules of account analysis and other periodic and year-end closing data as needed and as required for outside auditors.
• Prepares cash flow projections for sound short and long-term cash management.
• Supports the update of department procedures manual while continuously identifying areas where procedures can be improved.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
• BA or BS in Accounting or in Business with emphasis in Accounting
• MBA and/or CPA license preferred
• Five (5) years of progressive accounting experience; extensive knowledge of GAAP
• Solid experience in the preparation of financial statements.
• Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand business strategy and determine linkages to financial initiatives and drivers.
• Organizational budgeting proficiency, including but not limited to financial analysis
• Experience and knowledge of accounting for endowments.
• Sophisticated understanding of current financial software (knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge and QuickBooks a plus)
• Understanding of regulations applicable to financial transaction processing