Mia’s Kitchen’s Finance Manager will work alongside Mia’s Kitchen’s Founders and Don & Sons Executive team to take the company to the next level by driving operational effectiveness and efficiency. We are seeking a talented Finance Manager with 5-7 years’ experience with leadership teams for small to mid-sized companies, with a track record of success in overseeing budgeting, general ledger, AR & AP functions, and inventory management while ensuring that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and company requirements.
Our Finance Manager will be heavily involved in the corporate strategy, and be a key leader driving the evolution of Mia’s Kitchen as it moves towards leveraging its category strength and brand equity of specialty food products.
Mia’s Kitchen is at a growth stage in the company’s evolution and is seeking a Finance Manager that is excited about this growth stage and that can be an impact player in the future of the company.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide strong leadership and help build strategic vision and tactical execution to drive revenue growth, profitability, and capital efficiency.
· Ensuring a governance structure is in place to achieve sustainably effective and efficient operational execution that increases shareholder value and facilitates employee and organizational well-being.
· Accountable for all financial, accounting, purchasing, cash flow, analytics, and risk management controls and requirements of the organization.
· Leads and ensures all financial and operational planning processes. Including Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plans, Rolling Forecasts, Sales & Operations Planning, and supporting models for Revenue/Pricing, Margin Analysis/Control, product development, costing, etc.
· Help create a platform to gain a better understanding of profitability by revenue stream.
· To support product pricing strategies, market segmentation, channel development, product innovation/development, etc.
· Consolidates and communicates financial performance updates and comments to the Executive Team, the Advisory Board and the organization.
· Collaborates with the VP of Operations to ensure procurement, manufacturing, and logistics are optimizing cost/quality/service and continuously driving improvements across all factors.
· Collaborates with marketing resources to ensure marketing investments are sound and align on key performance indicators of what successful campaigns and spends are realized. As well as ensuring margins are met.
· Collaborates with Director of Sales to ensure trade and slotting investments are delivering the aligned ROI’s.
· Ensures full compliance with all regulatory and contractual obligations, and efficient completion of the year end-end financial review and the publication of the audited consolidated financial statements.
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with financial institutions, insurance brokers, auditors, finance and legal service providers as needed.
· Keeps informed of innovations in financial and tax management thru networking and professional associations.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree in accounting and at least 5-7 years progressive accounting experience. CPA or MBA is highly desirable
· Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Proficiency in G/L accounting software, Quickbooks, Google Suite, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook
· Strong analytical skills to read and interpret variances in financial results
· A demonstrated ability to be a strong leader with the intellectual honesty, open mindedness, and rigor to defend their strategic direction and support it with data while considering the position of others.
· Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines while operating in a fast paced, time constrained environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects & negotiate competing priorities
· Ability to participate in making decisions and able to spend time on routine items that are mission critical
· Supervisory experience
· An understated confidence evidenced by approach-ability, appreciation for all levels of an organization, and a calm composure even when faced with stress or confrontation.
· A desire to lead more than manage, to coach more than supervise, and to create an environment where employees develop into competitive assets.
· A willingness to prioritize building a cohesive company & culture over individual functional success.
· Set a high standard for written and oral communication skills.
· Must be capable of lifting to 35 pounds up and over their head
· If asked to drive a company vehicle, must have a valid California Driver’s License, be insurable by the company and be able to operate a motor vehicle safely
· Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
· Must be able to travel
Job Type: Full-time
Position: Risk & Compliance Director
Closing Date: Open till filled
Status: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $73,000 annually
Hours: Hours vary as needed
Location: Santa Rosa
California Human Development (CHD) is a private, non-profit, human service agency that provides a wide range of programs and services throughout Northern California.
The Risk and Compliance Director works with the agency to advise Management of any potential risks that may affect the reputation, safety, security, financial sustainability and existence of the agency. This position is expected to provide a quality assessment of the risk management policies, procedures and protocols. This position reports to the CEO and is a member of the executive team.
A. RISK & COMPLIANCE 60%
B. CONTRACT MANAGEMENT 40%
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance, or related field required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years of related Risk Management or Finance experience preferred.
See full job description on our website: http://californiahumandevelopment.org/about-chd/employment-opportunities/ · Submit your résumé or application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 707.575.4069
· Applications can be downloaded from our website at www.cahumandevelopment.orghttp://californiahumandevelopment.org/about-chd/employment-opportunities/
· Please reference Job Title when submitting your application/résumé. · Cover letters may be included with your submission, but please do not include letters of reference/recommendation or other supporting documents.
· Continuous recruitments may close without notice at any time that a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Start date: June 8th, 2020
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
Projects that contribute to the success of our business
Community service initiatives
Mentorship and networking opportunities
Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
What this business area supports
The Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a three-year rotational experience designed to develop high-potential finance talent into future finance leaders at CVS Health. The program is a premier entry point into CVS Healths Finance career pipeline by providing exposure to key finance areas thorough rotational opportunities in such organizations as:
Controllers & Accounting
What you will do
As part of the FLDP, you will progress through three rotations, which includes completing one mandatory rotation in either controllers or audit to prepare you for future leadership roles. You will be challenged to demonstrate your adaptability and agility by working in varied rotations across the finance organization in Hartford, CT; Cumberland, RI; or other CVS Health US locations. In addition to gaining well-rounded professional experience and exposure to key business lines, you will engage in development and leadership activities including:
Ongoing training aligned with leadership competencies
Formal Finance mentorship program
Team building events
Community partnership initiatives
Leadership on program committees
Program support for CMA or CPA, and possibly other related finance certifications
Graduates of the program are accepted into experienced roles across the organization and join the esteemed FLDP Alumni network.
Knowledge of and experience with analytical and technical programs such as Microsoft Excel and finance-related software systems
Ability and willingness to relocate nationally for individual rotations in Hartford, CT; Cumberland, RI; and other US locations such as Phoenix, AZ; Northbrook, IL; Franklin, TN; Richmond, VA and more
Have related work experience (internship or business experience) in finance or accounting. Health care industry experience is helpful but not required
Possess strong technical skills with Excel, VBA, Alteryx, Tableau (Excel preferred; any are helpful to have)
Have demonstrated leadership via school clubs, volunteer work, other organizations
Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
Have an interest in building a long-term career within CVS Health Finance
Commitment to our core values: Integrity, accountability, collaboration, caring and innovation
You should currently be pursuing an Bachelors degree
Majoring in the following related degrees: Business, preferably in Finance or Accounting. Other quantitative majors such as Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or Economics will be considered.
Have a 3.3+ cumulative GPA
Have a graduation date between Dec 2019 to June 2020
Its a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nations premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, were pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, youll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Known as the 'knowledge behind the numbers', Financial Analysts are considered to be trusted business advisors, working within IBM's business units and geographies, as well as in a myriad of specialized corporate functions. IBM's finance organization is instrumental in driving innovative improvements to global financial processes while providing measurable value to the business.
Your Role and Responsibilities
AI, Cloud, Blockchain, Quantum computing -IBM does more than just create these revolutionary technologies. We're shaping the future of health, education, fashion, travel, green energy and more. Get to know IBM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9irfBa30xgY&feature=youtu.be
The IBM Finance and Operations organization is a values driven team responsible for driving enterprise performance and IBM's transformation to a Cognitive Enterprise. We are the financial stewards of the enterprise, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating risk. We offer infinite experiences that allow individuals to develop contemporary skills and forge their own career paths, be it an analytical path, leadership path, or a mix of both. Professional development is an important part of any IBMer's career, and is ongoing with on-the-job training, structured learning programs, and mentoring.
The Finance Leadership Development Program is a select, three-year rotational program. Through individually tailored job rotations, participants gain knowledge of key financial processes and systems, develop a deep understanding of IBM's strategy and financial model, and acquire skills to succeed as a finance leader in IBM. Participants are expected to provide guidance and direction to business line executives and senior leaders in finance on complex business issues and influence decisions. Post program roles are determined based on performance in the program and in conjunction with the guidance of the executive sponsor. This is a unique opportunity to excel while working with the best and brightest in IBM.
We are looking for people who embrace diversity of thought, use data analytics to provide actionable insights and have a passion to innovate. Are you ready to join the company that has become essential to the world and be an active part of creating IBM's future?
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise