Position Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Events Coordinator and Administrative Assistant are to plan and lead SJND’s fundraising, alumni, and other campus events as needed, and to provide administrative assistance support for ongoing projects in the Advancement Department. This position requires an individual with a thoughtful, professional and responsible demeanor, who can thrive in an ever-changing environment. The role requires someone who is a self-starter, who is flexible and who is comfortable multi-tasking. The role requires someone who is effective managing teams of volunteers as well as working collaboratively with various school departments.
Skills and Qualifications:
This is a full-time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The benefits package is excellent and includes professional development opportunities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage diverse candidates to join our community.
B.E.W. Productions & Event Services is looking for a part-time office assistant to help with pre-event support and on-site support executing events such as private parties, fundraisers, weddings, music and corporate events. The successful candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter who is detail-oriented, has good problem-solving skills and carries a professional, yet fun-loving demeanor. The position is located in San Francisco but requires occasional travel throughout the Bay Area.
The Requirements: Must have 3+ years of experience working in events and/or production; excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience with social media platforms, Microsoft Suite and Google Drive programs; and occasional light to moderate lifting (i.e. Setting up an event).
Pre-event planning and logistics·
Developing and updating databases, timelines, and spreadsheets·
Website updates ()·
Researching products and vendors·
Assisting with on-site event production·
Creating event staff catering plans·
Volunteer coordination and management·
Event budget tracking·
Managing phone & email communication·
Updating website and social media content ·
Assisting with day-to-day office duties as needed Work schedule should be 2-3 days a week and approximately 5-7 hours a day.
Schedule can be flexible when appropriate.
Pay is $18-20/hr + depending on experience.
Ideal candidate is able to start by February 10th.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Assistant Banquets/Catering Manager will be responsible for managing banquet events at the hotel. This person supervises event room set-ups, service, and maintenance of all banquet functions and banquet equipment. This role is a highly detailed role within the hotel to complete event requirement and create an appealing experience for guests.
Connected to the Santa Clara Convention Center, Hyatt Regency Santa Clara offers modern meeting and event spaces in Silicon Valley. Choose from a variety of venues, including outdoor spaces and meeting rooms, enhanced by expert planners, audiovisual technicians, and award-winning catering.
Total Sleeping Rooms
22,568 sq ft
Featuring 60,000 square feet in six venue types, our event and meeting spaces are well-equipped for any occasion, from boardroom meetings to outdoor wedding receptions. Connected to the Santa Clara Convention Center, our hotel offers easy access to an additional 262,000 square feet of meeting space.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Minimum of 1-2 years previous experience in both event's and leadership required
The recently formed Urban Movement Innovation Fund (UMI) is an exciting new philanthropic initiative that will foster the participation of a broad set of civil society groups in climate movements around the world. Entering into its next phase of development, UMI has identified a clear need for ongoing coordination and discussion between its fund partners, focusing both on how to expand impact in cities and how to work together on a few key national and international high impact opportunities. To achieve this, UMI will be organizing a series of events around the world that bring together climate leaders and activists to discuss key issues, coordinate strategies, increase movement connectivity, and develop collaborative projects.
UMI is seeking an experienced Event Coordinator to curate and assist in planning these meetings, likely at least four per year. The Event Coordinator will oversee all aspects of event planning and management, including corresponding with meeting participants, arranging travel and accommodation, preparing reimbursements, and attending and providing support during each meeting. A successful candidate will have international travel and event planning experience, be extremely organized with the ability to multitask, and be able to work independently and communicate cross-culturally. Additional language proficiency, though not required, is a plus.This position is being hosted by GAIA, located in Berkeley, California. GAIA is a network grounded in the principles of environmental justice and impacted community leadership and includes organizations, alliances, and coalitions around the world that are fighting incinerators, advocating for zero waste, and pushing for environmental and climate justice through policy and local implementation programs.RESPONSIBILITIES:
LOCATION, COMPENSATION, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: GAIA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, gender non-conforming, and LGBTQ persons to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
TO APPLY:Please send your resume and cover letter to with the subject line “UMI Event Coordinator.” No calls, please. References will be requested from successful candidates later in the process. This position will be open until filled. Applications will be considered as received, with a priority deadline of January 17, 2020.
Event Coordinator, Big Night Restaurant Group
About Big Night Restaurant Group
Big Night Restaurant Group is a hospitality management firm founded by restaurateurs Anna Weinberg and James Nicholas, which comprises a thriving collection of award-winning restaurants and culinary talent.
Along with chef partner Jennifer Puccio, Big Night owns and operates successful San Francisco restaurants Marlowe, Cow Marlowe, Petit Marlowe, Park Tavern, The Cavalier, Marianne’s and Leo’s Oyster Bar. Renowned pastry chef Emily Luchettileads Big Night’s dessert programs at its portfolio of restaurants.
All four restaurants have earned three stars from the San Francisco Chronicle and have received numerous accolades including three being listed in the Chronicle’s lauded “Top 100 Bay Area Restaurants”. Park Tavern and The Cavalier were James Beard Award semifinalists for “Best New Restaurant” in 2012 and 2014 respectively, while Leo’s Oyster Bar was named Bon Appétit’s Best Designed Restaurant of the Year in 2016.
About the Position
Big Night Restaurant Group is seeking an experienced energetic growing event expert to assist in organizing and selling our private dining events, off-site catering events and meetings. The ideal candidate is dedicated, extremely detail-oriented, polished (think a little bit Reese Witherspoon in Election and a little bit of J-Lo in the Wedding Planner), technically adept, a strong communicator, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. We need an individual who can represent our brand excellence standards during the organization of any event following through to the on site logistics and bringing brand experiences to life while always delivering beyond the clients expectations. This individual is passionate about hospitality, impeccable service, and sensational food/beverage. You are ahead of the curve with innovative, experiential ideas, and have enough operational muscle to make it happen!
Oversee the full life cycle of our events from concept to execution while working closely with the client to ensure the clients needs are exceeded, brand focus is maintained, event flow is organized, and post event evaluations are communicated cross functionally in a timely and effective fashion.
Day of event coordination for hotel executive meetings and receptions.
Primary onsite contact for hotel morning meetings and receptions.
Event coordinator for mainly Hotel events at Hotel Zetta.
Setup/breakdown for events food and beverage service.
Assist in day-to-day event planning of events, menu curation, respond to client questions, internal event updates and communication
Assist on site during the event: including setup, client greeting, onsite coordination, interfacing with outside vendors and hotel management.
Ensure that customer requirements and excellence standards are adhered to and that functions run smoothly, efficiently, and profitably.
Job Skills and Characteristics
Passionately knowledgeable about hospitality, food and beverage.
Excellent technical and communication skills: Fluent in the following programs: Open Table, Aloha, Triple Seat, Adobe Illustrator/InDesign, G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
Team player across all levels of the company
Ability to multitask and be flexible
Consistent attention to detail and quality aligning with brand standards.
Continually observe, direct and assist staff where necessary during the entire event. Ensure that all the details as per the functions sheet are performed.
Stay atop industry trends
Some inquiries regarding private dining and special events. Reply to all client phone calls/emails in a speedy manner.Keep restaurant(s) updated with party information and headcounts so that there will be a sufficient number and appropriate skill levels of staff.
Menu editing, printing and distribution.
Education & Experience:
0-1 years+ experience in Event Coordination, hospitality management or a related field.
Restaurant and or Hotel experience.
Bachelor’s degree. Hospitality Degree a plus.
The Cavalier SF is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants in a manner that adheres to the regulations and requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance.
The Position: Organizer
Join our team as an Organizer to engage the community on issues of corporate accountability, voter participation and minority voter access. Organizers will engage voters through door-to-door canvassing and assist in other community activities. Our team is the front line in ground-breaking political reform that addresses the roots of inequality in Silicon Valley and catalyzes change in our communities.
Pay Rate: $24.00/hour
Hours per Week: 32
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 3:30 – 8:30 pm, Saturday and Sunday 10 am – 4pm
With potential for more hours
As part of the Neighborhood Action Team, you will:
• Cultivate skills essential to effective organizing strategies and communication practices for local campaigns;
• Build public support through face-to-face conversations with community members;
• Grow as a leader to move the needle on issues facing working families, underserved populations, low-income
communities, immigrant communities, and people of color; and
• Be a part of a skilled group of people committed to improving and building power in our communities.
• A deep commitment to building power for working families, communities of color, labor, and immigrant
• Past experience working, interning, and/or volunteering on issue, labor, and/or electoral campaigns preferred
but not necessary;
• Demonstrated ability to meet daily campaign goals;
• Strong work ethic, responsible, and able to work with minimal supervision;
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think critically;
• Ability to work with a team to meet the long-term goals of a campaign;
• Bilingual in Spanish and/or Vietnamese strongly preferred; and
• Valid drivers' license and car insurance strongly preferred.
South Bay AFL-CIO Labor Council is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position.
Back Alley Bowling Northridge (Formerly Matador Bowl) is looking for a true sales professional with an edge, someone who is creative and skilled in a wide range of creative & FUN event sales. The Ideal candidate will be a bi-lingual chameleon-like charmer, who can create the ultimate guest experience for everything and everyone. From the 5 year old princess party to the ultimate corporate business mixer, our EM (Events Manager) will create long lasting amazing memories for all of our valued guests. Additionally the EM will be a true leader and motivator who will take the events team to the next level.
The EM will be the primary go-to person for scheduling, booking and coordination of private events, acting as a liaison between the Bowling Center and Guest. Our EM will work mano y mano with the Center Manager and will be responsible for the sales and execution of all buyouts, private space bookings, catering events, birthday parties and much more. Our EM will have a true PASSION for creating an AMAZING guest experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Drive the creation of the optimal event platform with the goal of strengthening our brand identity and creating value-adding experiences for clients and prospects.
-Take a strategic approach to event planning and execution aimed at maximizing participation and cultivating the best possible attendee experience.
-Work collaboratively with multiple teams (our call center) in the planning and execution of events
-Participate in business review meeting, sales meetings and management meetings as deemed necessary by the General Manager.
-Coordinate a wide range of services for events that have been booked including AV requests, signage, distribution of materials, etc.
-Conduct post-event analysis, including event analytics, gaps and areas of opportunity, and developing cost-saving controls.
-Solicit new and existing catering accounts to exceed revenue goals and promptly responds to all incoming leads for future business.
-Occasionally participate in off-site promotions and presentations, trade shows, mixers, etc. as needed.
-Extensive understanding and application of event planning principles, concepts, practices and industry standards
-Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize timelines
-Proven track record coordinating complex event programs
-Execution and problem solving skills under pressure..
-High level of initiative and creative ability to see outside the box.
Marketing Internship Program (2020) Your skills will shape your future; here you will learn valuable marketing skillsets...
Come join our team! You will work alongside an experienced Marketing professional to raise our digital profile, develop new video content, and grow the firm’s digital footprint. Using the full potential of technology, you’ll help us understand our clients and prospects better, and communicate in ways that suit them. It’s a chance to develop your digital expertise in an entrepreneurial yet collaborative environment where new ideas are embraced and implemented. Our 12-week internship program is designed to provide valuable career experience for students who wish to apply their education and skills in the legal services industry. Participants get on-the-job training as well as technical and business-oriented education. As an intern at The Hayes Law Firm, you will be working on small business marketing campaigns that significantly impact the success of the organization. Through analytics and reports, intern will learn how to measure marketing effectiveness. Interns will see firsthand what goes into the making of a successful legal marketing campaign; they will handle campaigns from session planning to logistics, followed by measuring effectiveness through analytics, reports, and financial analysis to determine ROI on various marketing campaigns + projects.
· You will walk away from this internship program with invaluable insight, on what it takes to generate new clients re: Legal Services industry. Our firm is looking for college/university students who are considering a career as an attorney, or as a marketing professional within the legal services industry.
· Our program will provide the intern with invaluable insight on how to create & manage an effective multi-faceted marketing campaign for Law Firms in the 21st Century.
· Learn and understand the process of creating / editing / revising marketing content, and then repurposing it across multiple platforms, and ensuring campaigns are published by set deadlines.
Internship Program Projects
1. Event/Seminar Marketing (Content Repurpose Project) a. Event Marketing Campaign b. Content Repurposing on Multi-Channels c. Learn E-mail Campaign in Constant Contact d. Community Calendar Posting e. Social Media – Free Marketing Campaign/Posts f. Social Media – Paid Campaign/Boosted Posts g. Use bit.ly Links for Marketing Tracking Purposes
2. Marketing Handout (Content/Design Improvement Project) a. Take an Outdated Marketing Handout Design + Improve Overall Look/Quality/Effectiveness. b. Create/Design Marketing Handout in Entirety
3. Digital Marketing – Design, Create & Repurpose Digital Ad a. Design an Effective Digital Ad re: Legal Services b. Repurpose Content via Multi-Channel Approach – Google My Business, Social Media Pages, Bing, Avvo, Lawyer Review, etc.
4. Blog Project – SEO, META-tags, and Key-words a. Pulling content, articles, etc. from HLF Blog, Industry News, and Publishing on HLF Blog, and then re-posting onto Google Blogger for Content Push. b. Learn how to manage and properly add content to a Word Press Blog.
5. Marketing Budgeting, Analytics, & Data Entry – Financial Analysis and Reporting a. Data entry – Gain valuable experience learning how to navigate a major CRM and task management software. b. Generating reports – Through diligent data entry and analytics tracking, intern will learn how to both generate and analyze key financial reports. c. Analyzing key reports – Diligently tracking all marketing expenses through campaign management, and then evaluating campaigns ROI and profitability. d. Software Training – Learn how to use and navigate a major CRM system. Gain experience entering and tracking expenses, ROI, etc. through modern tech + software.
7. Video Content – Create Videos for Various Marketing Purposes a. Marketing Video for Estate Planning Workshops/Seminars b. Common-Estate Plan, Probate, Trust Questions – FAQs
Work Location: · One location – 729 Mission St. #300, South Pasadena, CA 91030
Job Type: Unpaid Internship (College Credit Approval is Subject to Universities Course Credit Requirement for Internships) – Intern is required to submit their respective colleges requirements and get internship pre-approved by their academic advisors. o Accommodations to this unpaid internship program can be made to ensure it meets the minimum requirements for course credits set forth by your college/university. (If you wish to earn college credits, it is your responsibility to get this information from your Academic Advisor and e-mail to email@example.com)
Intern Candidate – Desired Qualities:
This position supports the work of Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley and our mission of repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives.
About Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley (RTSV) Repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives is the mission of Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley. For over 27 years, the organization has transformed the lives of our neighbors in need by providing critical home and facility safety repairs to preserve affordable homeownership and restore safe living environments. Our impact extends beyond the individuals served to revitalize and stabilize vulnerable neighborhoods in our community.
• Assist in coordinating volunteer-related aspects of Rebuilding Day program including:
o Recruit and manage individual volunteers and volunteer groups and collaborate with staff to place volunteers with appropriate rebuilding projects.
o Coordinate photography for Rebuilding Day(s), including recruiting, managing and training volunteer photographers, as well as maintaining Flickr pages for all external and internal uses.
o Coordinate warehouse volunteers leading up to and during Rebuilding Day, to include recruiting volunteers for materials organization and kit production, as well as kit returns and unpacking.
• Develop and maintain community partnerships to support a strong pipeline of volunteers to participate in rebuilding events, including: conduct research to identify potential partners, coordinate and participate in outreach meetings, and serve as a point of contact with partners for volunteering matters.
• Maintain and refine system for tracking current and interested volunteers: communications and intake; skill, interest, and availability; past project attendance and upcoming project registrations.
• Coordinate and represent Rebuilding Together at volunteer recruitment tabling events.
• Create continuous and sustainable volunteer engagement through a variety of media (social media, newsletter, and volunteer search engines, as well as brochures, flyers, and other printed materials). Contribute volunteer-focused content to tell the stories of our homeowners and the impact our volunteers and partners have had on their homes and lives.
• Assist client assessment processes by attending occasional home visits.
• Commitment to serve low-income homeowners and communities.
• Impeccable organizational skills, significant attention to detail and follow‐through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment.
• Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision and able to complete projects from start to finish, including taking on a leadership role.
• Comfort with speaking and presenting in front of large groups--experience training or teaching adults/volunteers is a plus.
• Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style.
• Professional phone manner with concise verbal skills.
• Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and maintain professional decorum under stress.
• Ability to work with a diversity of people from various ethnic, socio‐economic, and living environments.
• Willingness to work as a team with clients, volunteers, and staff.
• Ability to excel in a fast‐paced, team orientated, small office environment and desire to work with volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support.
• Strong writing and computer literacy with PC based MS Office programs. Familiarity with standard office equipment. Familiarity with Salesforce and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus!
Available to work 4th Saturday in April and 4th Saturday in October.
• Bi‐lingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese a plus.
• Valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance, and ability to pass a background check.
• Education: College degree (or equivalent combination of education and work experience).
Part-time, nonexempt, 20 hours a week with occasional evening and weekends to support program and community activities. We offer flexibility to accommodate these obligations.
Anticipated starting salary is $22.00/hour to $25.00/hour depending on experience. Benefits package include: prorated medical, vision & dental insurance and PTO (Paid time off) leave. Dependent coverage may be elected at the employee’s own expense. In addition to PTO accrual, Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley recognizes 10 paid (prorated) holidays.
RTSV provides equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
To apply, email your cover letter (word or PDF document) summarizing your fit with qualifications, and experience along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until a qualified candidate is hired.