Are you a morning person with weekends available who LOVES good food?
Obour Foods is a small, local producer of gourmet hummus and tahini, based in San Francisco. We currently operate in eight farmers' markets around the Bay Area but are growing quickly. Some say it's the best hummus they've ever had.
We are looking for a new team member to help sell hummus at the Kensington Farmers' Market on Sundays. This is a great opportunity for a UC Berkeley student looking to make some extra cash on the weekends in a great environment.
Days and Hours:
Sundays in Kensington (near North Berkeley) on Colusa Ave. | 9:15am - 3:00pm
Pay is $17/hour + a free jar of hummus every shift + generous trade policy.
- Help driver unload/load delivery van.
- Set-up and break down tent, tables, and displays.
- Educate customers about our products and what makes Obour Hummus and Tahini so special.
- Sell hummus and tahini!
What we're looking for:
- You have a good work ethic (dependability and punctuality is a must) and have Sunday mornings available.
- You're not shy, and you're capable of being friendly & engaging with strangers for up to 6 hours straight.
- You have the ability to lift up to 35lbs, can set-up a 10'x10' canopy, and can travel to the work location reliably and on-time each week.
The ideal candidate has experience selling at farmers' markets but it's not required. This is a very easy position to train for as long as you have the soft skills.