Stella restaurant is a small neighborhood restaurant with an open kitchen that does fine-casual dining. Focusing on Middle Eastern and Mexican flavors using fresh seasonal, sustainable and local products.
We are seeking an enthusiastic full time cook to Join the team. Looking for someone who is passionate, motivated, and has 2 years culinary experience, keep a clean and organized station. Must be able to work well with a team to coordinate filling orders in a timely and efficient manner. Has cooking skills preparing multiple items at once and be able to handle changes on the fly. $16/hr plus tips.
*Prepare, cook and present food to order
*Completes assigned "prep work" as needed.
* Stores and rotates stock.
* Cleans, sanitizes and organizes work area.
* Ability to move up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to observe and ensure product is prepared and presented to company requirements.
* MUST have California Food Handler's Certification.
. Please respond with your resume attached in the email or apply in person at 10918 Brockway Road Truckee CA 96161
Roco & Como, Truckee’s newest dual concept restaurant, is looking for an Executive Chef. Our cuisine highlights authentic Mexican and Japanese techniques while introducing local flavor. Handmade corn tortillas, all-natural ingredients, delicious Japanese ramen broths with be the star of the show on our menu.
Roco & Como is looking for a passionate and motivated chef to join our team as an Executive Chef. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience in management in a fast-paced professional kitchen featuring from scratch cooking. This is a 40+ hour position and applicants must be able to workdays, nights, holidays and weekends.
Must have experience in planning and budgeting. Must be able to read and understand financial statements, must have experience with controlling labor costs and cost of goods. Must have experience in a high volume, 4-star restaurants; Must have experience running a multi restaurant operation
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items and standard recipes used by the restaurant.
• Must possess sufficient mathematical skills needed to complete recipes, schedules, forecasts and budgets.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Supervises production of all butchering, sauce, vegetable and garnish production.
• Ensure good turnover of products by practicing proper rotation and maintaining First in, First Out.
• Support your teammates in keeping the kitchen running smoothly by communicating effectively, collaborating and pitching in wherever is needed.
• Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and aid in guest satisfaction.
• Monitor staff performance, product quality and production flow. Foster improvements where needed.
• Hire, train and supervise staff. Participate in activities of cooks and other team members involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with hotel productivity standards, cost controls and special needs. Direct staff in proper job functions and proper guest interaction.
• Audit food storeroom items for quality and consistency, food cost and revenues. Enforce daily sanitation, hand washing and safety codes.
• Make constant contact with both internal and external customers to provide optimal guest service. This includes contact with various hotel departments in an effort to provide/obtain pertinent information needed to ensure proper guest service is provided.
• Analyze feedback from customers, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement. Maintain a productive working relationship with all customers.
• Lift materials weighing from 1 – 50 pounds, up to 4 feet in height, and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds at a height of 4 feet.
• Stand, walk, bend (at neck & waist), reach (above & below shoulder level), kneel, push/pull, twist (at neck and waist), and squat for duration of shift, walking 2-4 miles during an 8-hour shift. Simple/power grasping, repetitive use of the hands and fine hand manipulation is required to complete essential functions.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules that reflect the business needs of the restaurant.
• Comply with restaurant rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the facilities.
• Other duties as assigned within the scope of this job description.
• 3+ years of experience working in a professional kitchen.
• A thorough understanding of how to safely, responsibly use and clean equipment.
• Food Handler's Certification or certification within 30 days post-hire.
• A deep love for food and exceptional customer experiences.
• The ability to read and speak English proficiently.
• Basic math and writing skills.
• This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we’ve mapped out below.
• The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week).
• The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm.
• The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The ability to squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders.
• The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The ability to listen and speak.
• The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed.
• The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting small defects, determine accuracy of numbers and package.
• The ability to smell and taste.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000 /annual
• culinary: 5 year (Preferred)
• cooking: 5 year (Preferred)
• chef: 3 year (Preferred)
The Pub at Donner Lake is looking for a line cook to work select evenings. Competitive pay. Join one of the most popular restaurants in the North Lake Tahoe/Truckee area. Part-time to start, with a potential for full-time employment.
Join the River Ranch Lodge and Restaurant Family and work along the scenic Truckee River!
Hiring for ALL kitchen staff: Wages DOE + tips, full and part time positions available, mostly afternoon and evening work. Great opportunity for advancement!
All positions: flexible hours/days, free shift meal, plus food, drink, and lodging discounts. Stop in, email resumes, or call us at 530-583-4264.
Please only local applicants within 50 miles. Thank you
You are inspired by great ingredients and creative cooking. At Sodexo, we bring these together for culinary innovation.
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Executive Chef 1 for Sierra Nevada University located in Incline Village, NV. This position will manage the daily dining room, kitchen operations and catering of the Food Service Department on campus. This position will report to the General Manager of Multi Service at Sierra Nevada College.
The successful candidate will:
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
Learn more about Sierra Nevada College at https://www.sierranevada.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.