IN A NUTSHELL:
We're looking for experienced event servers and cooks who can maintain the high standards of full service events, large and small, whilst working with a team. If you have experience in an events setting please inquire and let us know your availability.
Our ideal candidate has FOH or BOH experience (or even better - both), and is available to work part time, on call. Our Event and Catering staff are responsible for the food and beverage service during special events or catering functions. This may include table setting, food plating, food preparation, food station arrangement, and beverage service. Other responsibilities include banquet preparation, passing food, and formal dinner service. Our Events and Catering Staff will familiarize themselves with Wise Sons food and beverage offerings to deliver exceptional service. Wise Sons team members have the flexibility to . Our training program ensures everyone is set up for success!
Our business is built on good communication skills and the warmth required to welcome someone to your table— aka hospitality!
Events and Catering Staff are primarily responsible for the hands on execution of events, table service duties as well as prep work and closeout tasks.
THE PERKS we offer you:
THE QUALITIES and REQUIREMENTS to succeed:
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT:
Wise Sons was birthed in a(nother) land of milk and honey. The caliber, availability and diversity of California’s human potential and agricultural bounty are resources crucial to our success that deserves attention, respect and investment.
Jewish cuisine represents the culmination of one peoples’ journey across different countries, cultures and time periods. Wise Sons honors that tradition through a dedication to hiring a diverse workforce to help usher in the latest chapter of that story here in California.
Wise Sons is an equal opportunity employer. Our zero-tolerance policy means that no form of unlawful discriminatory or harassing conduct towards any employee, client, customer, or vendor in our workplace will be tolerated.
Do you love art and kids? If so, The Art Beat is the place for you. We are looking for someone to join our artistic family.
We are a friendly creative space with open studio hours and parties on the weekend.
We are looking for an outgoing, personable, people person with an upbeat approach to the job of helping people have an enjoyable time in our studio. Retail, restaurant, customer service, or teaching experience is a plus.
We're looking for someone for Saturdays, and Sundays.
Please include a cover letter and tell us a little something about yourself.
The responsibilities will include:
Greeting and assisting all studio visitors and customers.
Booking & hosting birthday parties, and special workshops.
Operating the cash register system.
Preparing pottery and other art projects for pick-up.
Answering the telephone.
Maintaining a clean work environment.
Stocking pottery and supplies.
Additional duties as assigned. All training is provided.
This is a permanent, part time position.
Pay based on experience.
Looking for a meaningful career serving families? Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services (CFCS), a Ministry of the Diocese of Oakland, is seeking individuals with event planning, strong customer service and communication skills who enjoy working with people. This position requires arranging and coordinating funeral services to assist families.
Location: Holy Sepulchre Cemetery and Funeral Center, Hayward, CA
Family Service Directors serve families with care and compassion, educating them through the process of making informed decisions for At-Need Funeral products and services.
Family Service Directors will demonstrate by example, CFCS’ Core Values–Share the Journey, Serve with Care, and Make It Happen–in all their dealings with families, staff, and internal/external contacts.
Reporting to the Location Manager, Family Service Directors interact with families, Funeral Assistants, Preparation Room staff, and many other internal/external personnel/departments.
Education and Experience
· College degree preferred, and/or 2-4 years in a customer service role requiring direct contact with the public (both on the telephone and face-to-face)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of the Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
· Understanding of the Order of Christian Funerals
· Able to conduct oneself with a “Family First” approach
· Working knowledge of funeral services, ceremonies, and case management
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and telephone skills
· Ability to multi-task and manage several funeral cases at the same time
· Able to coordinate with many internal departments and external providers
· Ability to work and make decisions under pressure and tight deadlines
· Highly organized, detail oriented, and excellent time management skills
· Proficient in the use of computers, software, and technology
· Bilingual English/Spanish required
Licenses and Certifications
· Valid funeral director license and/or the ability to obtain a license in the state of practice, if applicable
· Valid state issued driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance is required
· Ability to lift or move objects weighing between 75-100 lbs.
· Ability to push and pull up to 300 lbs. with a wheeled cart
· Ability to stand for long periods on a hard surface