Are you tired of the daily grind? Do you spend your time at work staring out the window and wishing you could be somewhere else? Then this is just the job for you! Blue Dog is a professional dog walking company and we’re looking for dog lovers to join our team. If you’re ready to work hard, provide outstanding customer service, and make some new furry friends, we’d love to hear from you!
Do you like playing with Dogs? Do you want to get paid for playing with Dogs? Woof in San Ramon is hiring! We are looking for an experienced, energetic individual who wants a long term position at our facility. 25 hours a week minimum, Monday thru Friday with competitive wages. Looking to hire immediately.
Boarding: We provide European Style boarding which is a service that gives each guest has an individual experience, comfortable sleeping quarters for meals and bedtime sleeping. Otherwise, dogs are encouraged to take part in our large indoor or outdoor play areas with their canine friends. Sleeping quarters are assigned based on the dog’s size and suite availability. We also provide:
Each day, we see who our guests are and match them in playgroups based on size, play styles, and compatibility, using the four play yards available in both our daycare and boarding buildings. We like to think of it as planning the ultimate play party!
To apply please send your resume and cover letter!
About Canine Comprehensive:
About the position:
Summary: American Conservation Experience, a non-profit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS), is seeking to serve as a full-time Natural Resource Emerging Professional (EP) to dedicate 19 weeks in an internship work experience to assist with various natural resource and biological monitoring projects in the East San Francisco Bay Area. The ACE EP will be based at John Muir National Historic Site in Martinez, CA, where most of the work will be conducted. Serving on a team of natural resource management experts, the ACE EP will conduct biological monitoring and resource management projects in the field, as well as help the park engage local youth and volunteers in conservation work and education through hands-on activities.
A full-time (40 hours/week) commitment of 19 weeks is required.
Project Partner Website: For more information about the John Muir National Historic Site please visit the NPS website: http://www.nps.gov/jomu/index.htm. For more information on the ACE, please visit: http://www.usaconservation.org/
Compensation: The ACE EP will receive a $360 weekly living stipend plus $200 weekly housing allowance, contributing 40 hours per week.
AmeriCorps: Additionally, this position may be eligible for a 675-hour AmeriCorps Education Award ($2321.90) upon successful completion of the conservation service term and service hours. Additional AmeriCorps enrollment will be required after hire.
Project Background: The John Muir National Historic Site, located in the East San Francisco Bay Area, preserves the home of John Muir – one of America’s most famous naturalists and conservationist – as well as over 325 acres of native oak woodlands, grasslands and other natural lands once owned and maintained by the Muir family, including Mount Wanda.
Position Description: In support of the mission of the National Park Service, the fundamental work conducted by ACE Natural Resource Emerging Professional will include maintaining and enhancing the natural and cultural landscapes of the park units, conducting biological and ecological inventories, monitoring of resources, leading stewardship projects, and restoring native and cultural lands by removing invasive species and promoting native vegetation. Specific duties will include: ● Assisting in planning and programming of natural resource management projects ● Helping to implement projects, including: biological inventory and monitoring, invasive plant monitoring and control, native plant restoration, and wildlife monitoring projects ● Collecting and maintaining field data, including GIS and field notes, using standard protocols ● Maintaining administrative documentation for resource management reporting ● Additionally, the ACE Natural Resource EP will assist with conducting youth and volunteer stewardship and resource education programs and activities ● Helping to develop and implement youth, volunteer and community engagement efforts related to natural resource management, such as providing logistical support towards stewardship activities ● Engaging and training local youth interested in conservation and environmental science; providing mentorship in career exploration and development ● Helping to coordinate the work and schedules of local community interns and volunteers
Qualifications: It is highly preferred that applicants have a degree in environmental sciences, natural resource management, ecology, wildlife biology, biology, botany, wildlife management, parks and recreation or other related disciplines appropriate to the position. A combination of relevant education and experiences is also acceptable. Resumes must contain enough information to show that the applicant meets the experience as defined in this position announcement.
Position Requirements: • Member must be between the age of 18 and 30; Military Veterans up to 35 are encouraged to apply (in compliance with funding and grants supporting this position) • Experience and knowledge of ecology and natural resource management • Member must be able to provide own transportation to-and-from worksite base (John Muir NHS, Martinez) • Experience in hiking and navigation on uneven terrain • Experience various field data collection methods using standard protocols • Ability to work independently in remote areas • Deep interest in ecology, history, and respect for nature is critical • Must be able and willing to work outdoors, in varying weather conditions, and capable of participating in physical labor on a regular basis • Member must commit to a schedule of no less than 40 hours per week • Ability to relate well with youth and volunteers in the field and serve as leader, mentor and role model • Must have effective communication skills with diverse audiences • Ability to work independently and in a team to carry out tasks to completion • A valid driver's license, clean driving record, and ability to provide documentation • Personal medical insurance for the duration of their participation with ACE and AmeriCorps • Ability and willingness to undergo a Federal criminal background check • Must be willing to wear ACE work shirt/gear while on projects • The ACE member must represent ACE and the NPS in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner • LOCAL candidates are encouraged to apply!
Desired Qualifications: • Knowledge of the National Park Service (NPS) • Experience with outdoor education and youth leadership • Strong desire to enter the public service field as a natural resource professional • Bilingual applicants are encouraged and welcome. Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese are especially useful in this park
TO APPLY: By March 6, 2020, please submit a resume, thoughtful cover letter, and contact for three professional and/or academic references to Keith Park: email@example.com and Angel Sprague: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a passionate and experienced dog groomer looking to work at a lively, high-end salon?
VIP Scrub Club is looking for a skilled, hardworking and professional dog groomer with a minimum of 2 years experience to join our team and make up to $60,000 annually.
VIP Scrub Club, Noe Valley's premier self-serve and full-service dog washing is an extension of VIP Grooming, one of San Francisco's most beloved and respected dog grooming shops, which has been voted Best of the Bay 5 times.
Fog City Dogs is committed to making dogs happy in their owners’ absence. We aim to meet the needs of dog owners by providing dog daycare, boarding, and grooming in a fun, safe, and structured environment.
Fog City Dogs is looking for hard working people with flexible schedules to join our team as a play area attendant. As a leading overnight doggy boarding center and doggy daycare in San Francisco, we are seeking reliable individuals to fill part-time & full-time positions. Ideal candidates would be able to work our Bayview (daycare & boarding) location.
Interested candidates should reply to this posting with a resume, current phone number, where you can be reached and indicate the best time to reach you.
This can be a great job for a dog lover and an active individual. This can also be a great opportunity for applicants seeking small business management experience, mentoring, and growth.
Muttville Senior Dog Rescue is an active non-profit organization based in San Francisco. We operate a cage-free shelter, along with a robust foster program. We save over 1,100 dogs a year. We are a team-oriented organization with a positive attitude when it comes to helping animals and working with our community.
In this leadership role the Shelter Manager oversees as well as participates in the care of the dogs, upkeep of the facility, and related volunteer utilization and retention. This includes managing a staff of Mutt Assistants and volunteers, working in collaboration with team members to ensure the facility is maintained, and interacting with the public.
We believe in the power of positivity and are looking to welcome someone to the team who loves life, loves people as much as dogs, and enjoys working in a fast-paced and fun-loving environment. Candidates must possess strong leadership, organizational, and customer service skills, with a solid history of taking initiative to problem solve and prioritize. The preferred applicant has a flexible demeanor and schedule, is skilled working with dogs of varying temperaments, is dedicated to providing excellent customer service, and is highly committed to keeping our facility clean and organized.
Staff Management & Communication
• Consistently display great teamwork and take the time to make positive relationships a priority so together, we will achieve our lifesaving goals. Come to work with the commitment of giving 110% and expect others on the team to do the same
• Provide positive problem-solving support, training, and direction for the Mutt Assistant staff so they effectively and efficiently fulfill their job duties, communicate and cooperate as a team, and prioritize assignments
• Provide coaching for the Mutt Assistant staff to help them build relationships with volunteers, and expand and enhance volunteer involvement, appreciation, and retention
• Work in cooperation with the Volunteer and Foster Care Manager to continue to enhance volunteer programs, recognition, and retention
• Provide leadership and on-going feedback and evaluation for staff
• Conduct and participate in regular staff meetings to review goals and procedures, discuss workplace issues, share ideas, and celebrate successes
• Develop and improve on operational procedures and efficiencies
• Coordinate the daily assignments and staffing needs of the Mutt Assistants to ensure efficiency and that schedules and expectations are met
• Prepare Mutt Assistant staffing schedules in accordance with the budget, and manage employees’ timecards and time off requests
• Practice and model discretion with sensitive information regarding clients, volunteers, employees, and our dogs
• Keep the COO informed about staff and shelter issues, accomplishments, and projects
• Perform the Mutt Assistant dog care/facility care duties on an as-needed basis. This may include a few regular shifts a week to ensure you maintain a good handle on the job and related challenges, needs, and opportunities
• Practice and encourage the humane treatment of dogs, using only positive reinforcement methods of training
• Inspect shelter property for needed cleaning, repairs, and maintenance daily and assist with and commit to keeping our facility organized, clean, and visitor-ready
• Work in collaboration with the Mutt Assistants, Facilities Guru, and volunteers to ensure the safety, sanitization, organization, and upkeep of our animal areas, workspaces, public areas, and storage areas
• Alert the Facilities Guru about facility maintenance and repair projects
• Make sure our spaces are free from debris, donations, deliveries, and obstacles
• Oversee inventories and purchasing of shelter and dog care supplies and equipment, maintaining appropriate quantities
• Address safety concerns that could put a staff member, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk
• Other duties as assigned
Customer Service & Adoptions
• Demonstrate and promote a welcoming and supportive environment and proactively engage with adopters, volunteers, donors, and visitors to ensure they feel the Muttville Magic and have positive experiences
• Always address client situations courteously, patiently, and professionally
• Assist as-needed with matchmaking and adoptions efforts
• Assist with the set-up, break-down, and success of adoption/special events as-needed
• Answer the door when no Mutt Assistant is on duty
• Practice discretion with sensitive information regarding clients, volunteers, employees, and our dogs.
• Remain calm and reserve judgement in difficult situations
• Attend to difficult clients or client situations, and facilitate dog returns on an as-needed basis
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills
• Team player, able to work in a busy and demanding work environment, embrace and foster change, problem solve, and regularly demonstrate flexibility and a positive attitude
• Proven skill and ability to effectively inspire, motivate, read, and lead people
• Strong ability to delegate tasks and roles to volunteers, and oversee their work to assure achievement
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with ability to multi-task
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly motivated to save as many dogs as possible with the ability to problem solve around and cope with limited resources and time
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused skills
• Highly driven, communicative, polite, and with a professional manner
• Ability to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency
• General knowledge of dog behavior and care, and ability and skill to successfully work with various kinds of dogs in a safe and responsible manner. Commitment to positive reinforcement handling and training methods
• Comfortable and willing to accommodate multiple dogs in work and office spaces
• Solid computer skills and database experience
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
• Work is performed at Muttville headquarters, which includes areas where dogs live and are cared for, office spaces, stairs, and outdoor locations
• Regular exposure to free-roaming office and headquarters dogs
• Subject to dog bites and scratches while handling dogs of questionable temperament
• Exposure to disinfectant solutions
• Physical stamina required with ability to regularly bend, reach, kneel, sit on the floor, crouch, stay on your feet, walk or bathe dogs, and occasionally climb a ladder or lift up to 50 pounds
• Some work at computer station
• Valid California driver’s license
• Highly flexible schedule with ability and willingness to fill shifts on an as-needed basis
• Available to work weekends, and evenings and holidays as-needed or as required
• Experience working with animals (particularly in a shelter environment) preferred
• Management experience highly preferred
• Previous customer service experience required
• Previous experience as a volunteer preferred
• Previous project management experience preferred
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• The starting salary for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications
• This is a regular, full-time, exempt position and the benefits package includes medical insurance and vacation, holiday, and sick pay
• Send your cover letter and resume
1829 Mount Diablo Blvd, Walnut Creek, CA, 94596
Do you love dogs?
Hound Lounge is a small boutique-style Dog Grooming Salon and Daycare located in Walnut Creek. We are looking for someone to join our family as a Dog Bather! You will get to spend time with the dogs one-on-one and help make them beautiful for our clients. We will provide you with the skills you need to succeed and offer paid training! Please send a cover letter and resume to the email provided.
Job Duties: Bathing, drying, and brushing dogs of all sizes; general cleaning duties; aid in daycare and with groomers as needed.
Hours: About 30 hours/week. 8am- 2pm, Tuesday- Saturday. *Saturdays are required*
Requirements: Animal handling experience strongly preferred, detail oriented, able to work in a team environment, 18 years or older, must be comfortable lifting up to 50lbs, must have a love for dogs!
Horseback Riding Instructor Part-time school year Sienna Ranch connects youth to nature through compelling outdoor experiences in order to foster a compassionate and environmentally aware future. We provide farm education and immersive nature programming to youth PreK-8th grade. Our program offerings also include woodshop, natural building, archery, horseback riding, gardening, science, pottery, survival skills, homesteading skills, naturalist skills and much more. Sienna Ranch is situated on a 21-acre family-owned ranch in Lafayette, CA.
Part Time Riding Instructors work as part of a collaborative, supportive and professional team to offer riding lessons, horsemanship classes and seasonal camps to students and campers at Sienna Ranch. Sienna Ranch uses a Pony Club-influenced approach to balanced seat and safety, and deeply values a Natural Horsemanship approach to forming connections between students and horses, horse training and horse care.SCHEDULE SUMMARY Non-exempt. Permanent. Part-time. Year-round. School Year Schedule (approx Sept-May): 12-16 hours per week, Monday, Thursday, Friday schedule with option to add hours on weekends. Optional Summer Schedule (approx June-August): Monday-Friday, 25-40 hours per week (w/ one optional week off)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Email cover letter, resume, contacts for THREE professional references to Alison at email@example.com. Please also briefly answer the application questions below. We are looking to hire on a short timeline and will accept and review applications until the position is filled.Please reflect on and respond to the following questions:
Sienna Ranch is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color and other groups traditionally underrepresented in outdoor education. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Part-timeSalary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
Blue Dog is a professional dog walking company that is looking for dog lovers, ready to work hard and provide outstanding customer service!
2-5 days/week for 3-5 hours/day
Monday-Friday, with availability between 10:30am-4:00pm
Total Compensation after 3 months of $18.95/hr (hourly wage plus SF City Option)
Growth opportunities - We are a rapidly growing company made up of dog walkers, assistant managers and territory managers. There is always room to move up!
This is an employee position, NOT independent contractor job
Walk up to 3 dogs at a time
All walks within one neighborhood
All walks done on foot (NO DRIVING REQUIRED!)
Provide outstanding customer service with both the dogs and their owners
Location of walks will be in central SF
Must love dogs!
Have an abundance of energy and a great personality
High level of customer service experience in a prior occupation
Must be able to walk a minimum of 5 miles per day, up hills and stairs, rain or shine
While this is a highly rewarding and fun job it is also very physically and mentally demanding. Having the ability to work hard is a must!
Must include a Resume AND Cover Letter in order to be considered for employment
Cover Letter should include:
Why you want to be a Dog Walker
Why this job is the perfect fit based off your past job experience and availability.
Lead off leash hikes on our private 750 acre dog ranch overlooking the ocean. Full day shifts 8-5 Monday-Friday.
Hardworking, motivated, and responsible individuals needed for highly rewarding work with dogs! Smilin Dogs is looking for dependable dog loving individuals who love being outdoors.Exciting work with a growing peninsula company offering many opportunities for advancement.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds, be able to bend, stoop and squat, able to handle 3+ hour hikes.
Must be able to stand, walk frequently.
Must be able to handle large dogs on leashes.
Must be legal to work in the United States
Must have a valid California Driver's License and be a responsible driver
Able to drive a large passenger van
Click here to see what our Play Coach job is like: https://vimeo.com/180343498
Click here to see what our Hiker job is like: https://vimeo.com/215470800
For more information, please visit http://www.smilindogs.com
Starting pay rate :$15.00
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you meet the requirements listed below in bold?
Cubicle walls seemingly growing taller and taller? Recycled air choking you at your desk? The man got you down?
Fresh out of college and have no idea what to do with your degree? Studying for a grad degree and need to pay the bills?
Grow up with a family dog but can't have one here in The City? Have a dog but don't have the time to give it the attention and exercise it needs? Simply love our fluffy, shaggy, large and small four legged barking friends?
Then we sure do have an offer for you: walk dogs. Seriously, it'll change your life. Your mind will be opened and your soul unleashed. It's the best job you'll ever have. Keep reading!
We are always looking to meet quality candidates who could effectively lead off leash groups of dogs through parks and beaches with us. Teacher, dog trainer, coach, boot camp instructor, friend, confidant...we wear a lot of hats with these dogs, and sometimes they eat them! What we're looking for are people who'd fit our team well, who love dogs, who like being outdoors, who are responsible and caring, amiable and professional at work. If that's you, you're in.
If you can rightfully answer "yes" to each and every of the preceding questions, stop what you're doing and apply now. These are all "must have" qualities to keep our company at the forefront of the industry. Even though these are seemingly basic, they are at the heart of what we do. Be not mistaken, we are top tier and need you to be too. We won #1 Dog Walking company in SF and #1 Dog Walker in the Bay Area in three separate publications, multiple years. We want you to help us keep kicking ass.
You can make a lot more doing this than you think. The wages during business hours are only half the story.
After the one year mark you're eligible for salary!
Gas is reimbursed. We offer tons of cash bonuses for things like signing up a new client or getting featured in a positive review.
Additionally pet sitting can make you THOUSANDS in cash. This can double your income. Read details below for more info.
(If you want to skip the deets and apply already just skip to the last paragraph.)
You shadow for a week, taking in minimum wage for one week only. Essentially you do nothing but ride along, meet the dogs and coworkers, work with your trainer at cafes, and learn the basics. Not bad at all.
Week #2 is a bit different, so we up you to our training wage, $20/hour, the high end of industry standards for starting pay. You start picking up your own packs of dogs and meet up with me and other staff at our walking locations - typically Crissy Field and the forest at the Presidio. You start keeping track of your mileage and will be reimbursed gallon for gallon. You learn.
You're bumped up to $20.50 for 2nd leg of training, and after your training is complete, typically the first few months of employ, $21/hour and employee status, not independent contractor like some other jobs posted in the industry. You'll get your dog walker certification and permit through us ($800-$1000 you don't have to spend) and you're ready to go. The longer you stick with it, the more you involve yourself in our company mission, the more you demonstrate your willingness to work hard and grow professionally, the more you learn, the more you earn.
Many people make salary just after 1 year, and all positions will earn more as the company grows. There's training at every level, even at the top where we'll prepare you for leadership roles. It may seem like only a dog walking job, but things you learn here will undoubtedly serve you in subsequent jobs and careers.
On top of your daily shifts are near daily completely optional opportunities for private walks and pet sitting. Some choose to take on daily private walks, expanding on the general 6 hour day. Sometimes people just take one-off private walks. Pet sitting is routine and people can double their income by pet sitting, and it's the easiest money you've ever made.
Typical shifts last 6-8 hours Monday-Friday. For us, there is no such thing as working nights, weekends, or holidays. However, good extra income is available to you through boarding, solo walks, and eventually private lessons on your own personal schedule as needed by our clientele. Most employees here eventually take on an ongoing private walk either before or after work to expand pay. If you can sit dogs you can make THOUSANDS in cash. I legit made $8,000 in pet sitting in June and July alone!!!!
We are all about 20-35. We get along great, going out for drinks after work sometimes, getting together for team outings, or just hanging out in the field every day with the dogs. I believe who you work with is one of the most important things in your life. You spend so much time at work you better love it.
HOW TO APPLY:
SIMPLY DESCRIBE YOUR INTEREST IN A BRIEF, CONVINCING EMAIL THAT GRABS OUR ATTENTION AND SPEAKS TO WHY YOU WOULD WANT THE POSITION AND BE THE PERFECT FIT FOR IT! This email is very important to our selection process, and nobody gets through without one. Most importantly include your telephone # so I can call! Even better, drop me a text or shoot me a call once you've sent your email to ensure I get back to you posthaste. Please make sure you meet our bullet-pointed requirements, like having a vehicle and living in SF (or Daly City). We look forward to hearing from you.