If you love dogs, we have THE job for you!
○ Responsible for Dog Care in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Facilities & Safety
○ Ensure cleanliness of all rescue spaces, particularly kennels and dog-related areas, this includes deep cleaning kennels
○ Human Safety (Volunteers, Staff, Adopters, etc.): follow safety protocols throughout our spaces
○ Ensure the safety, health, and well-being of dogs under our care
○ Feed and care for the dogs on a daily basis
○ Document behavior and conduct behavioral assessment of dogs
○ Track incident reports, ensure they’re written and that reporting forms are available for all volunteers, adopters, and staff onsite
○ Match dogs and assignment into kennel areas
○ Keep track of dogs and where they’re allocated
○ Grade dogs for our volunteers and keep it up-to-date
○ Ensure dogs receive medical attention, when needed
○ Responsible for intake of animals - ensuring space and medical supplies are prepared for intakes
Supporting Family Dog Rescue departments
○ Support & collaborate with teams within Family Dog Rescue (Adoptions, Volunteer, & Corporate Engagement)
Family Dog Rescue is a grass roots 501(c)3 nonprofit dog rescue/shelter in San Francisco. In 2019, we saved over 1,000 dogs and found them loving homes. We are proud and honored to have saved over 7,000 dogs since our founding in 2010.
Are you a born match maker?
We are looking for Adoptions Specialists: If you love dogs and love people this is literally the best job for you. You will be client facing as you match our dogs to potential adopters.
To excel at this position you will need to be outgoing. We show up to 3 dogs per appointment. You’ll spend your day at the shelter. Most shifts run for 6 or 8 hours.
There is an administrative component to this as you will process the adoption paperwork during and after a successful adoption. In addition to that we respond to emails and schedule appointments.
This position provides a high level of customer service. You must enjoy working with animals, people, and enthusiastically promote the mission at Family Dog Rescue.
You will need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will need to be quick-thinking and fast-acting. Our weekends days are our busiest and can get hectic.
One weekend day is required: either Saturday or Sunday.
DOG WALKING/TRAINING POSITION
Work in an extremely fun and rewarding environment that is supportive, friendly and educational. We are a small, local business and do fun training walks with dogs, education provided. Have ongoing special puppy training walks as well. Positive based training techniques that are most effective and make learning fun for the dog. 30-40 hours per week. We love all people and are very queer and BIPOC welcoming! Must be available M-F roughly 830 or 9 am to 4 or 430 pm. Must have or purchase appropriate vehicle to transport pups (pick up truck with shell, van, SUV, etc). Must love dogs and live in SF or Daly City (no commuters). Must love working outdoors and enjoy the beach! Enjoy a non-corporate job where you enjoy loving on dogs and having a positive impact on both their and their people's lives. Enjoy being athletic and having a job where you get to move your body! Would you be strong enough to lift a 40 lb dog? Are you OK picking up dog poop?
Also nice to work outdoors with proper social distancing and face covering during this time. Not a temporary position. I give you lots of training and
You love dogs and be reliable, punctual, drug free, have great people skills, and be willing to use only positive training that I will teach you.
Initial training period is $17/hr . After trial period of 3 months, goes up to $19 if you have an appropriate vehicle. Then again $1/hr every 2 months until you hit $23. Then goes up $1/hr every six months. Tips and bonuses increase with time and performance at job.