If you love dogs, we have THE job for you!
○ Responsible for Dog Care in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Facilities & Safety
○ Ensure cleanliness of all rescue spaces, particularly kennels and dog-related areas, this includes deep cleaning kennels
○ Human Safety (Volunteers, Staff, Adopters, etc.): follow safety protocols throughout our spaces
○ Ensure the safety, health, and well-being of dogs under our care
○ Feed and care for the dogs on a daily basis
○ Document behavior and conduct behavioral assessment of dogs
○ Track incident reports, ensure they’re written and that reporting forms are available for all volunteers, adopters, and staff onsite
○ Match dogs and assignment into kennel areas
○ Keep track of dogs and where they’re allocated
○ Grade dogs for our volunteers and keep it up-to-date
○ Ensure dogs receive medical attention, when needed
○ Responsible for intake of animals - ensuring space and medical supplies are prepared for intakes
Supporting Family Dog Rescue departments
○ Support & collaborate with teams within Family Dog Rescue (Adoptions, Volunteer, & Corporate Engagement)
Family Dog Rescue is a grass roots 501(c)3 nonprofit dog rescue/shelter in San Francisco. In 2019, we saved over 1,000 dogs and found them loving homes. We are proud and honored to have saved over 7,000 dogs since our founding in 2010.
Are you a born match maker?
We are looking for Adoptions Specialists: If you love dogs and love people this is literally the best job for you. You will be client facing as you match our dogs to potential adopters.
To excel at this position you will need to be outgoing. We show up to 3 dogs per appointment. You’ll spend your day at the shelter. Most shifts run for 6 or 8 hours.
There is an administrative component to this as you will process the adoption paperwork during and after a successful adoption. In addition to that we respond to emails and schedule appointments.
This position provides a high level of customer service. You must enjoy working with animals, people, and enthusiastically promote the mission at Family Dog Rescue.
You will need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will need to be quick-thinking and fast-acting. Our weekends days are our busiest and can get hectic.
One weekend day is required: either Saturday or Sunday.