Do you like playing with Dogs? Do you want to get paid for playing with Dogs? Woof in San Ramon is hiring! We are looking for an experienced, energetic individual who wants a long term position at our facility. 25 hours a week minimum, Monday thru Friday with competitive wages. Looking to hire immediately.
Boarding: We provide European Style boarding which is a service that gives each guest has an individual experience, comfortable sleeping quarters for meals and bedtime sleeping. Otherwise, dogs are encouraged to take part in our large indoor or outdoor play areas with their canine friends. Sleeping quarters are assigned based on the dog’s size and suite availability. We also provide:
Each day, we see who our guests are and match them in playgroups based on size, play styles, and compatibility, using the four play yards available in both our daycare and boarding buildings. We like to think of it as planning the ultimate play party!
To apply please send your resume and cover letter!
Are you tired of the daily grind? Do you spend your time at work staring out the window and wishing you could be somewhere else? Then this is just the job for you! Blue Dog is a professional dog walking company and we’re looking for dog lovers to join our team. If you’re ready to work hard, provide outstanding customer service, and make some new furry friends, we’d love to hear from you!
About Canine Comprehensive:
About the position:
Summary: American Conservation Experience, a non-profit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS), is seeking to serve as a full-time Natural Resource Emerging Professional (EP) to dedicate 19 weeks in an internship work experience to assist with various natural resource and biological monitoring projects in the East San Francisco Bay Area. The ACE EP will be based at John Muir National Historic Site in Martinez, CA, where most of the work will be conducted. Serving on a team of natural resource management experts, the ACE EP will conduct biological monitoring and resource management projects in the field, as well as help the park engage local youth and volunteers in conservation work and education through hands-on activities.
A full-time (40 hours/week) commitment of 19 weeks is required.
Project Partner Website: For more information about the John Muir National Historic Site please visit the NPS website: http://www.nps.gov/jomu/index.htm. For more information on the ACE, please visit: http://www.usaconservation.org/
Compensation: The ACE EP will receive a $360 weekly living stipend plus $200 weekly housing allowance, contributing 40 hours per week.
AmeriCorps: Additionally, this position may be eligible for a 675-hour AmeriCorps Education Award ($2321.90) upon successful completion of the conservation service term and service hours. Additional AmeriCorps enrollment will be required after hire.
Project Background: The John Muir National Historic Site, located in the East San Francisco Bay Area, preserves the home of John Muir – one of America’s most famous naturalists and conservationist – as well as over 325 acres of native oak woodlands, grasslands and other natural lands once owned and maintained by the Muir family, including Mount Wanda.
Position Description: In support of the mission of the National Park Service, the fundamental work conducted by ACE Natural Resource Emerging Professional will include maintaining and enhancing the natural and cultural landscapes of the park units, conducting biological and ecological inventories, monitoring of resources, leading stewardship projects, and restoring native and cultural lands by removing invasive species and promoting native vegetation. Specific duties will include: ● Assisting in planning and programming of natural resource management projects ● Helping to implement projects, including: biological inventory and monitoring, invasive plant monitoring and control, native plant restoration, and wildlife monitoring projects ● Collecting and maintaining field data, including GIS and field notes, using standard protocols ● Maintaining administrative documentation for resource management reporting ● Additionally, the ACE Natural Resource EP will assist with conducting youth and volunteer stewardship and resource education programs and activities ● Helping to develop and implement youth, volunteer and community engagement efforts related to natural resource management, such as providing logistical support towards stewardship activities ● Engaging and training local youth interested in conservation and environmental science; providing mentorship in career exploration and development ● Helping to coordinate the work and schedules of local community interns and volunteers
Qualifications: It is highly preferred that applicants have a degree in environmental sciences, natural resource management, ecology, wildlife biology, biology, botany, wildlife management, parks and recreation or other related disciplines appropriate to the position. A combination of relevant education and experiences is also acceptable. Resumes must contain enough information to show that the applicant meets the experience as defined in this position announcement.
Position Requirements: • Member must be between the age of 18 and 30; Military Veterans up to 35 are encouraged to apply (in compliance with funding and grants supporting this position) • Experience and knowledge of ecology and natural resource management • Member must be able to provide own transportation to-and-from worksite base (John Muir NHS, Martinez) • Experience in hiking and navigation on uneven terrain • Experience various field data collection methods using standard protocols • Ability to work independently in remote areas • Deep interest in ecology, history, and respect for nature is critical • Must be able and willing to work outdoors, in varying weather conditions, and capable of participating in physical labor on a regular basis • Member must commit to a schedule of no less than 40 hours per week • Ability to relate well with youth and volunteers in the field and serve as leader, mentor and role model • Must have effective communication skills with diverse audiences • Ability to work independently and in a team to carry out tasks to completion • A valid driver's license, clean driving record, and ability to provide documentation • Personal medical insurance for the duration of their participation with ACE and AmeriCorps • Ability and willingness to undergo a Federal criminal background check • Must be willing to wear ACE work shirt/gear while on projects • The ACE member must represent ACE and the NPS in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner • LOCAL candidates are encouraged to apply!
Desired Qualifications: • Knowledge of the National Park Service (NPS) • Experience with outdoor education and youth leadership • Strong desire to enter the public service field as a natural resource professional • Bilingual applicants are encouraged and welcome. Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese are especially useful in this park
TO APPLY: By March 6, 2020, please submit a resume, thoughtful cover letter, and contact for three professional and/or academic references to Keith Park: email@example.com and Angel Sprague: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a passionate and experienced dog groomer looking to work at a lively, high-end salon?
VIP Scrub Club is looking for a skilled, hardworking and professional dog groomer with a minimum of 2 years experience to join our team and make up to $60,000 annually.
VIP Scrub Club, Noe Valley's premier self-serve and full-service dog washing is an extension of VIP Grooming, one of San Francisco's most beloved and respected dog grooming shops, which has been voted Best of the Bay 5 times.
Fog City Dogs is committed to making dogs happy in their owners’ absence. We aim to meet the needs of dog owners by providing dog daycare, boarding, and grooming in a fun, safe, and structured environment.
Fog City Dogs is looking for hard working people with flexible schedules to join our team as a play area attendant. As a leading overnight doggy boarding center and doggy daycare in San Francisco, we are seeking reliable individuals to fill part-time & full-time positions. Ideal candidates would be able to work our Bayview (daycare & boarding) location.
Interested candidates should reply to this posting with a resume, current phone number, where you can be reached and indicate the best time to reach you.
This can be a great job for a dog lover and an active individual. This can also be a great opportunity for applicants seeking small business management experience, mentoring, and growth.
Muttville Senior Dog Rescue is an active non-profit organization based in San Francisco. We operate a cage-free shelter, along with a robust foster program. We save over 1,100 dogs a year. We are a team-oriented organization with a positive attitude when it comes to helping animals and working with our community.
In this leadership role the Shelter Manager oversees as well as participates in the care of the dogs, upkeep of the facility, and related volunteer utilization and retention. This includes managing a staff of Mutt Assistants and volunteers, working in collaboration with team members to ensure the facility is maintained, and interacting with the public.
We believe in the power of positivity and are looking to welcome someone to the team who loves life, loves people as much as dogs, and enjoys working in a fast-paced and fun-loving environment. Candidates must possess strong leadership, organizational, and customer service skills, with a solid history of taking initiative to problem solve and prioritize. The preferred applicant has a flexible demeanor and schedule, is skilled working with dogs of varying temperaments, is dedicated to providing excellent customer service, and is highly committed to keeping our facility clean and organized.
Staff Management & Communication
• Consistently display great teamwork and take the time to make positive relationships a priority so together, we will achieve our lifesaving goals. Come to work with the commitment of giving 110% and expect others on the team to do the same
• Provide positive problem-solving support, training, and direction for the Mutt Assistant staff so they effectively and efficiently fulfill their job duties, communicate and cooperate as a team, and prioritize assignments
• Provide coaching for the Mutt Assistant staff to help them build relationships with volunteers, and expand and enhance volunteer involvement, appreciation, and retention
• Work in cooperation with the Volunteer and Foster Care Manager to continue to enhance volunteer programs, recognition, and retention
• Provide leadership and on-going feedback and evaluation for staff
• Conduct and participate in regular staff meetings to review goals and procedures, discuss workplace issues, share ideas, and celebrate successes
• Develop and improve on operational procedures and efficiencies
• Coordinate the daily assignments and staffing needs of the Mutt Assistants to ensure efficiency and that schedules and expectations are met
• Prepare Mutt Assistant staffing schedules in accordance with the budget, and manage employees’ timecards and time off requests
• Practice and model discretion with sensitive information regarding clients, volunteers, employees, and our dogs
• Keep the COO informed about staff and shelter issues, accomplishments, and projects
• Perform the Mutt Assistant dog care/facility care duties on an as-needed basis. This may include a few regular shifts a week to ensure you maintain a good handle on the job and related challenges, needs, and opportunities
• Practice and encourage the humane treatment of dogs, using only positive reinforcement methods of training
• Inspect shelter property for needed cleaning, repairs, and maintenance daily and assist with and commit to keeping our facility organized, clean, and visitor-ready
• Work in collaboration with the Mutt Assistants, Facilities Guru, and volunteers to ensure the safety, sanitization, organization, and upkeep of our animal areas, workspaces, public areas, and storage areas
• Alert the Facilities Guru about facility maintenance and repair projects
• Make sure our spaces are free from debris, donations, deliveries, and obstacles
• Oversee inventories and purchasing of shelter and dog care supplies and equipment, maintaining appropriate quantities
• Address safety concerns that could put a staff member, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk
• Other duties as assigned
Customer Service & Adoptions
• Demonstrate and promote a welcoming and supportive environment and proactively engage with adopters, volunteers, donors, and visitors to ensure they feel the Muttville Magic and have positive experiences
• Always address client situations courteously, patiently, and professionally
• Assist as-needed with matchmaking and adoptions efforts
• Assist with the set-up, break-down, and success of adoption/special events as-needed
• Answer the door when no Mutt Assistant is on duty
• Practice discretion with sensitive information regarding clients, volunteers, employees, and our dogs.
• Remain calm and reserve judgement in difficult situations
• Attend to difficult clients or client situations, and facilitate dog returns on an as-needed basis
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills
• Team player, able to work in a busy and demanding work environment, embrace and foster change, problem solve, and regularly demonstrate flexibility and a positive attitude
• Proven skill and ability to effectively inspire, motivate, read, and lead people
• Strong ability to delegate tasks and roles to volunteers, and oversee their work to assure achievement
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with ability to multi-task
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly motivated to save as many dogs as possible with the ability to problem solve around and cope with limited resources and time
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused skills
• Highly driven, communicative, polite, and with a professional manner
• Ability to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency
• General knowledge of dog behavior and care, and ability and skill to successfully work with various kinds of dogs in a safe and responsible manner. Commitment to positive reinforcement handling and training methods
• Comfortable and willing to accommodate multiple dogs in work and office spaces
• Solid computer skills and database experience
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
• Work is performed at Muttville headquarters, which includes areas where dogs live and are cared for, office spaces, stairs, and outdoor locations
• Regular exposure to free-roaming office and headquarters dogs
• Subject to dog bites and scratches while handling dogs of questionable temperament
• Exposure to disinfectant solutions
• Physical stamina required with ability to regularly bend, reach, kneel, sit on the floor, crouch, stay on your feet, walk or bathe dogs, and occasionally climb a ladder or lift up to 50 pounds
• Some work at computer station
• Valid California driver’s license
• Highly flexible schedule with ability and willingness to fill shifts on an as-needed basis
• Available to work weekends, and evenings and holidays as-needed or as required
• Experience working with animals (particularly in a shelter environment) preferred
• Management experience highly preferred
• Previous customer service experience required
• Previous experience as a volunteer preferred
• Previous project management experience preferred
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• The starting salary for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications
• This is a regular, full-time, exempt position and the benefits package includes medical insurance and vacation, holiday, and sick pay
• Send your cover letter and resume
1829 Mount Diablo Blvd, Walnut Creek, CA, 94596
Do you love dogs?
Hound Lounge is a small boutique-style Dog Grooming Salon and Daycare located in Walnut Creek. We are looking for someone to join our family as a Dog Bather! You will get to spend time with the dogs one-on-one and help make them beautiful for our clients. We will provide you with the skills you need to succeed and offer paid training! Please send a cover letter and resume to the email provided.
Job Duties: Bathing, drying, and brushing dogs of all sizes; general cleaning duties; aid in daycare and with groomers as needed.
Hours: About 30 hours/week. 8am- 2pm, Tuesday- Saturday. *Saturdays are required*
Requirements: Animal handling experience strongly preferred, detail oriented, able to work in a team environment, 18 years or older, must be comfortable lifting up to 50lbs, must have a love for dogs!
Horseback Riding Instructor Part-time school year Sienna Ranch connects youth to nature through compelling outdoor experiences in order to foster a compassionate and environmentally aware future. We provide farm education and immersive nature programming to youth PreK-8th grade. Our program offerings also include woodshop, natural building, archery, horseback riding, gardening, science, pottery, survival skills, homesteading skills, naturalist skills and much more. Sienna Ranch is situated on a 21-acre family-owned ranch in Lafayette, CA.
Part Time Riding Instructors work as part of a collaborative, supportive and professional team to offer riding lessons, horsemanship classes and seasonal camps to students and campers at Sienna Ranch. Sienna Ranch uses a Pony Club-influenced approach to balanced seat and safety, and deeply values a Natural Horsemanship approach to forming connections between students and horses, horse training and horse care.SCHEDULE SUMMARY Non-exempt. Permanent. Part-time. Year-round. School Year Schedule (approx Sept-May): 12-16 hours per week, Monday, Thursday, Friday schedule with option to add hours on weekends. Optional Summer Schedule (approx June-August): Monday-Friday, 25-40 hours per week (w/ one optional week off)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Email cover letter, resume, contacts for THREE professional references to Alison at email@example.com. Please also briefly answer the application questions below. We are looking to hire on a short timeline and will accept and review applications until the position is filled.Please reflect on and respond to the following questions:
Sienna Ranch is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color and other groups traditionally underrepresented in outdoor education. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Part-timeSalary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour