Citizen Hound is a leader in the dog care industry having won SF’s #1 Dog Walking company in three separate publications last year alone, along with 13 other awards in 9 years. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces diversity, teamwork, and self development all while providing detail oriented, elite level service to our clients, two and four legged alike!
At Citizen Hound, employees have numerous growth and development opportunities through uniquely crafted training. Apply today and grow your daily happiness as well as your professional skills!
Your primary mission in this position would be to empower our current staff to perform to the best of their abilities and reach their maximum potential. Essentially you'd be a coach to them. Good coaches change the game, but great coaches change a life. We believe in our company being a place where people can improve their life, both personally and professionally, even though we're just a dog walking company.
You would lead our team of 9 walkers and engage with our 150+ clients while working directly with the owner and business manager to ensure the company runs smoothly. You’d be a part of our management triad. Our manager's mission statement reads, "You grow a company by growing people, and our complementary management triad is focused doggedly on growth, first in ourselves, then in others, as we dig up happiness everywhere we go." It is our primary focus to find someone with the skills for this position who believes in that line.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
WORK EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION, JOB REQUIREMENTS:
INCOME: Starting at $35k base salary with continual room for growth. Dog sitting opportunities easily add over $1k per month. With this addition your annual income will be well above your base salary.
If you want to work for an award-winning company that has an incredible team of dog loving individuals apply today! Our Family Pet Sitting is the recipient of the 2020 Daily Herald Readers' Choice award. We have won top 7 Best Dog Daycares in Naperville two years in a row. Nextdoor voted us Best Grooming and most recently the 2020 Best of Wheaton award!We pride ourselves on the love & compassionate care we provide each fur friend that is entrusted to our care. You will have the opportunity to enrich the lives of dogs waiting for their FURever home as we provide foster care for multiple rescues.What do we expect from our employees?You need to be a TRUE DOG LOVER - the good, the bad and the ugly. Therefore, you need to be on your feet for long periods of time and be patient and kind to the animals.
We are in need of TWO part time care givers that can work from 1 - 9 pm 3 - 4 days per week to include weekends and holidays.Lots of room for growth and opportunities to get into grooming, training, rescue work etc. if you have interest in those careers.
Family Dog Rescue is a grass roots 501(c)3 nonprofit dog rescue/shelter in San Francisco. In 2019, we saved over 1,000 dogs and found them loving homes. We are proud and honored to have saved over 7,000 dogs since our founding in 2010.
Are you a born match maker?
We are looking for Adoptions Specialists: If you love dogs and love people this is literally the best job for you. You will be client facing as you match our dogs to potential adopters.
To excel at this position you will need to be outgoing. We show up to 3 dogs per appointment. You’ll spend your day at the shelter. Most shifts run for 6 or 8 hours.
There is an administrative component to this as you will process the adoption paperwork during and after a successful adoption. In addition to that we respond to emails and schedule appointments.
This position provides a high level of customer service. You must enjoy working with animals, people, and enthusiastically promote the mission at Family Dog Rescue.
You will need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will need to be quick-thinking and fast-acting. Our weekends days are our busiest and can get hectic.
One weekend day is required: either Saturday or Sunday.
If you love dogs, we have THE job for you!
○ Responsible for Dog Care in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Facilities & Safety
○ Ensure cleanliness of all rescue spaces, particularly kennels and dog-related areas, this includes deep cleaning kennels
○ Human Safety (Volunteers, Staff, Adopters, etc.): follow safety protocols throughout our spaces
○ Ensure the safety, health, and well-being of dogs under our care
○ Feed and care for the dogs on a daily basis
○ Document behavior and conduct behavioral assessment of dogs
○ Track incident reports, ensure they’re written and that reporting forms are available for all volunteers, adopters, and staff onsite
○ Match dogs and assignment into kennel areas
○ Keep track of dogs and where they’re allocated
○ Grade dogs for our volunteers and keep it up-to-date
○ Ensure dogs receive medical attention, when needed
○ Responsible for intake of animals - ensuring space and medical supplies are prepared for intakes
Supporting Family Dog Rescue departments
○ Support & collaborate with teams within Family Dog Rescue (Adoptions, Volunteer, & Corporate Engagement)