Position Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct nutrition education and cooking workshops using approved Food Smarts curriculum and materials.
- Plan for class, shop for food and gather necessary materials.
- Post a summary of each workshop to our online community.
- Coordinate and schedule workshops with site coordinators at congregate meal sites.
- Create and translate promotional materials for scheduled classes.
- Submit monthly workshop data.
- Positive attitude while working with older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Reliable, friendly and collaborative. Teamwork comes naturally to you.
- Ability to embrace the flexible mindset required to be successful in a small but busy organization. Sense of humor a must!
- Responsive to internal and external communication.
- Maintain organized and clear records, including attendance sheets and paperwork.
- Life-long learner. Eager to learn new things, in new ways, from a wide variety of people.
- Bi-literacy required in Chinese (preferably both Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Knowledge of San Francisco agencies and health resources a plus.
- High comfort level with technology products. Leah’s Pantry uses Microsoft Office products, Google products and Dropbox.
- Local travel required. Applicants must have access to a car with a clean driving record.
- Demonstrated competency in cooking.
- Demonstrated competency in oral presentations.
- Demonstrated competency in learner-centered group facilitation.
- Background check required.
- California food handlers certification preferred.
- Have had experience working with low-income and ethnically diverse older adults.
- Expenses for mileage and parking will be reimbursed by Leah’s Pantry.
- Hourly rate: $24/hour
- Facilitators are paid as employees of Leah’s Pantry, not as subcontractors.
*****ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED******
Copy and paste the link below to your browser and please submit your cover letter and resume through our website
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $60.00 /hour
- San Francisco, CA (Required)
- Chinese (Cantonese) (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift