Racial and socioeconomic achievement gaps persist in our schools today. There is a 26% or greater gap in math achievement between white students and students of color. We believe in the power of STEM to offer opportunities to students who need it most. You can change this by becoming a STEM teacher.
EnCorps STEM Teachers Program’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. STEM Teaching Fellows transition to teaching careers within 1-3 years with the support of EnCorps training, guest teaching field experience, credentialing guidance, EnCorps cohort and the EnCorps network of schools. When you become an EnCorps Fellow, you are committing to providing access to quality education within low income schools, supporting students who need your mentorship the most.
The EnCorps team will provide guidance as you begin the process to become a teacher and the broad network of fellows provides first hand experience from people who, like you, transitioned into a teaching career.
*Find out more about the timeline and teaching credentials at
For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see
*Looking for backgrounds in: Accounting, finance, banking, mathematics, statistics, data analyst, computer programmer, IT, coding, product manager, engineering (civil, mechanical, ALL), healthcare, scientific research, biotech, lab work, etc.
Want to empower students and inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Fall application deadline: Sept 11, 2020. Apply today at:
See EnCorps through the eyes of a fellow:
Research Associate – Molecular Biology
Company: Root is developing fully automated, in-field, DNA-based sensors for detection of airborne pathogens. The technology provides the missing pathogen-presence corner of the disease triangle and enables farmers to spray pesticides only when necessary.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to
· Develop and optimize assays for detection and quantification of important airborne agricultural pathogens
· Drive continuous improvement in methodology, processes, and formats through own expertise and experience
· Be responsible for the management of target projects
· Communicate and interact with interdisciplinary project teams
· Participate in meetings
· Perform other related responsibilities as necessary
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in mycology, microbiology, virology or other natural science with laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques like PCR
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic startup
· Creative and flexible thinking, open-minded, and willing to challenge the status quo
· Ability to build excellent working relationships and an enthusiasm for taking a hands-on approach to collaborative scientific discovery efforts
· Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability and willingness to think outside the box to adopt and adapt relevant emerging technologies
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in mycology, microbiology, virology, or agriculture
· Experience with qPCR and ELISA
· Experience downloading genomes and designing primers
Country: United States
Functional Area: Biological R&D
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Req# / Job Title: 18891 Developer: Software - II
Duration: 2020-04-16 to 2020-07-15
Location: Hillsboro, OR
We are looking for an experienced Web Application Developer to develop exceptional software products and applications in factories of NVM solution organization.
Qualifications/Responsibilities include, not limited to the following:
Assessing the business need and crafting robust and scalable application design, designing and documenting the solution design, playing a developer role on the team
Minimum of 1-3 years of industry experience in software design and writing solutions using C# technology skills and experience in a web-based application development environment.
Web (HTML, JQuery, CSS)
Experience with design patterns along with working knowledge of Unix/Linux/Windows is preferred
A strong knowledge of DBMS concepts from an application development perspective and experience in working with relational databases including SQL development skills
Ability to contribute to testing and implementation approach for presentation layer. Interest and ability to work further down the stack.
Experience with responsive design principles Exceptional HTML and CSS
Experience of modern web development toolkits and libraries such as Backbone, Underscore, Angular, Ember, JQuery, etc.
Experience of developing with Web APIs, RESTful JSON APIs, XML experience
Practical knowledge of working within a continuous build environment including working with a Source Control Management tool.
Experience of agile development processes an advantage
Atlassian suite of tools, Confluence and JIRA experience
Previous exposure to the educational software environment and familiarity with industry standards and specifications an advantage.
Knowledge of Unit Testing
Possess excellent communication skills, the drive to succeed and work independently and on a team, with the ability to multi task, and deliver quality results.
Years of experience required: 1-3 years of industry experience in software design and writing solutions using C# technology skills and experience in a web-based application development environment.
Minimum Educational Requirement:
BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer, to join our team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate has experience with JavasScript frameworks/libraries, HTML, CSS and Java. This team is responsible for the customer journey from adding products to their cart through to the lifecycle of operations leading to a successful order being placed. The team’s goal is to create a frictionless customer experience as we build, learn and iterate on our core and new capabilities.
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need: