COMPENSATION $27.88- $28.84/hr DOE
REPORTS TO Accounting Manager
WORK SCHEDULE Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
STATUS & CLASSIFICATION Full-time, Non-exempt
Our mission is to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1985, Hamilton Families is San Francisco's leading service provider to homeless families, with carefully designed programs to prevent homelessness, provide shelter and stability, return families to permanent housing and support the well-being of children experiencing homelessness. We currently operate these programs across six sites in San Francisco and Oakland. For more information, visit www.hamiltonfamilies.org.
The Staff Accountant- Payroll & A/P is responsible for processing disbursements of operating expenses. The Staff Accountant is also responsible for maintaining the payroll system, processing bi-weekly payrolls, and performing other payroll related duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Process and transmit payroll biweekly; process mid-cycle payroll adjustments, holiday, wellness and referral bonuses, and final paychecks. Produce routine and specialized payroll reports as requested.
• Process and transmit employee and employer contributions to retirement plan provider biweekly.
• Prepare workers’ compensation monthly invoice calculations and employee union dues
• Match, code, and enter invoices into accounts payable system. Prepare batch reports and review for errors prior to submitting to supervisor
• Ensure that all invoices have proper supportive backup documents as required by internal fiscal policies and procedures.
• Responsible for matching general ledger account, program code, funding source, and department code in general ledger.
• Process payments, maintain statements, conduct weekly check runs to ensure timely and accurate payments and prepare checks for signature.
• Audit and process credit card statements and employee expense reimbursements.
• Communicate with vendors regarding account issues, research unpaid invoices, and resolve and investigate invoice disputes/discrepancies.
• Communicate with program directors and staff who handle purchases to request vendor invoices, packing slips, and other related supporting document.
• Maintain several petty cash disbursements and perform reconciliations and audit.
• Responsible for ongoing knowledge and understanding of agency wide budget and cost allocation plan.
• Ensure fiscal adherence to contracts and grants
• Maintain accounts payable files and records.
• Maintain 1099 files and year-end 1099 form preparation.
• Prepare journal entries and assist in month end closing
• Prepare weekly/monthly accounts payable reports.
• Manage petty cash for the Administrative office.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration, or related field and/or minimum two years’ experience in accounting/and or finance preferably in the non-profit sector.
• Experience in payroll software preferably in ADP.
• Experience in processing credit card expense report software
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality
• Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to work with a diverse staff are essential to perform the position duties.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
• Essential functions of the position may require use of a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal.
• The ability to follow reasonable ergonomic recommendations, sit for long periods, stand, reach, bend, lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
• Criminal background check, fingerprint imaging, and tuberculosis (TB) clearance required post-offer.
Compensation and Benefits
Hamilton Families (HF) offers excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA and 24-Hour Fitness locations. Additionally, HF offers tax-deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, and ride sharing services like Lyft Line and Uber pool.
The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. A role with the Stability team is great for an individual who is interested in exploring community based nonprofit work, social work, or mental health disciplines. We also offer a $1,000 tuition reimbursement to employees each year (after 12 months of employment) and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
HF employees enjoy generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and other great long-term benefits!
• To submit an application, please click apply above or below.
• Please attach your résumé and a brief letter of interest.
• No faxes or phone calls.
• Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance., we will consider for employment qualified applicants who arrest and conviction records.
We are seeking a Comptroller For Multi Unit Restaurant Chain to join our team! You will be responsible for providing customers with a memorable dining experience.
Aaron Frost a highly specialized service and mechanical contractor. We provide the highest quality service and products, & solutions to the industry .
We continuously seek the best talent around from the world and, at this moment, we have an opening in the following position: Finance and Operations Controller located in Southern Alabama / North Florida.
Your role is to design and implement the Company's Strategy and Financial plan based on the overall management of financial resources, systems, and information technologies; preventive monitoring of manufacturing projects and developments.
Your main responsibilities include:
· Participate as a key member in the company's Strategic Plan definition.
· Define guidelines and approve the processes and policies for the implementation of the Managements in your charge (Finance and Information Technologies) so that they are carried out in all locations.
· Ensure implementation of all efficient actions that generate benefit to the Company.
· Develop profitability analyses for each country and manufacturing projects for decision-making.
· Prepare presentations and reports of financial and business indicators by quarter.
· Integrate and control the Company's overall budget.
· Present financial results according to defined times.
· Manage the Company's financing.
· Manage and oversee the accounting department to ensure optimal efficiency of financial operations and compliance with company commitments and contracts
· Supervise the development of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
· Communicate with other departments and manage the results of your analysis and search of the financial and accounting data of the company.
· Ensure compliance with all financial laws and regulations.
· Monitoring and control of annual operating budgets, cash flow and operational forecasts.
· Coordinate periodic internal and external audit processes
· Ensure the proper and timely payment of fees for licenses, permits, regulatory contracts and taxes.
· Approve purchase orders, bank balance and reconciliation, end-of-month journal entries, and bad debt repayments.
· Manage IT teams for the correct deployment of systems on a global scale.
· Determine automation priorities for operations.
· Track the Company's automation projects.
· Ensure the security of your IT infrastructure.
The requirements for this position are the following:
· Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Economics or Related, Desirable MBA or Senior Management.
· Finance: Minimum 10 years
· Project Management: Minimum 10 years
· Internal Control: Minimum 5 years
· Procurement: Minimum 5 years
· Quality Management Systems: Minimum 5 years
· Intercultural Group Management: Minimum 5 years
We are offer a competitive base salary and interesting variable compensation plan, plus benefits.
If your experience and interests fit these criteria, we will be happy to contact you and start the recruiting process as soon as possible.
Be a part of the Aaron Frost Team!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
The Comptroller is directly responsible to the Assistant Superintendent for Business/Board Secretary. In the performanceof those duties which, as prescribed by law, fall under the responsibility of the Board Secretary, the Comptroller shall be responsible to the Board Secretary.
Performance of Duties:
Terms of Employment: Twelve-month, non-affiliated position
Click "apply" above to submit materials for consideration