Part-Time (Up to 15 hours/week) • Starts April 1, 2020, Ends November 15, 2020 • Competitive Pay ($25 / hr) • Work from anywhere in the continental US
Apply here: https://grnh.se/20ca04bb1
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women. In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.We are looking for a motivated Organizing Intern to support a vibrant online community of MoveOn Mobilizers ready to organize and take action in their communities in service of MoveOn’s election and issue campaigns.
A successful candidate will ...
Required skills and experience
Reports to: Volunteer Network DirectorLocation: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States. May require occasional travel. Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Part-time (up to 15 hours per week), $25 per hour, and $175 monthly toward cost of cell phone, internet, and office expenses; home office subsidy also provided. MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply, please visit our website
Tierra del Sol Foundation is looking for a dedicated and reliable Direct Support Professionals to play an integral role in supporting clients by helping them to utilize effective communication systems; develop positive relationships with others; become valued, contributing members of the community; work toward achievement of their work and life’s goals, and attain a true community-based, integrated, quality of life (which includes competitive, integrated employment.)
This is an excellent opportunity to grow in the education/human services profession and to make meaningful contributions every day in a friendly and supportive work environment.
This position is typically scheduled to work 37 hours per week. These hours and duties are subject to change based on program needs and may include weekends, holidays and evening hours to meet client, employer and stakeholder expectations. Staff will have a 30 minute working lunch when actively supporting clients with a working lunch agreement on file.
Job tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Provide small group and one on one training of individuals in specific job skills and general work behaviors
- Ensure that all assigned job duties are consistently completed according to the employer standards and expectations
- Maintain regular communication with employers regarding their satisfaction with employee performance, work schedules, and quality assurance
- Conduct job analysis in cooperation with employers
- Provide supervision and training to clients in community access skills
- Provide supervision and training to clients in self-advocacy and social/leisure skills
- Provide mobility training
- Assist clients in accessing a variety of community locations using company/personal vehicles/ public transportation
Specific Job Requirements:
- Clear communication and the ability to write notes, interact with managers, clients and client’s family, maintain and develop Individual Service Plans and facilitate client self-advocacy and choice making opportunities.
- The ability to lead small group and one-on-one training,
- Flexibility in accommodating the client’s schedule,
- Three years of good driving experience, a valid California driver’s license, personal vehicle with seat belts to safely accommodate up to 4 passengers, and vehicle insurance is also required.
- Candidate must have a sincere desire to help others be successful.
- This position requires dedication, good judgement, and quick problem solving skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of Social Service/Rehabilitation is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience in supporting and training clients in areas of community integrated employment, volunteerism, access, inclusion, and relationship building, and have skill in conducting job analysis, in cooperation with employers.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while teaching clients skills in critical areas required for successful access to the community (including: vocational training, customer service, public transportation training, etc.)
Who We Are:
Tierra Del Sol Foundation is the leading provider of independent living, job training and support services for people with developmental disabilities. We strive to help adults with developmental disabilities to reach their goals through supportive education, family and community building.
Tierra del Sol Foundation offers all full-time employees paid vacation and holiday time as well as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.