COMMUNITY OUTREACH MANAGER
Resource Innovations is an environmental consulting company specializing in energy and water efficiency and focused on helping and empowering people to make smart resource choices. With deep roots in energy efficiency program design and implementation, Resource Innovations is leading the industry with innovative program solutions, working with utility clients and community organizations toward a collaborative economy.
Resource Innovations is seeking a Community Outreach Manager to join our team in Chicago, Illinois. This position will be working in a dynamic environment to support the implementation of residential energy efficiency programs in Illinois. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Resource Innovations staff are all working remotely. We anticipate that this will continue through the end of 2020. Given this remote working situation, the Community Outreach Manager will need to be able to work independently and be confident in their ability to onboard, engage with team members and successfully execute the job duties while working remotely from home. Once the situation improves, the position will be based in our Chicago office.
The successful candidate will build partnerships and collaborate with community action agency partners, and coordinate and manage field operations and program goal attainment with partners and the internal program team. Prior experience with the Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program and/or home retrofit energy efficiency programs is preferred. The Community Outreach Manager will engage with program partners and the utility clients to present, plan and adapt program delivery and partner collaboration strategies based on lessons learned and diverse market conditions. The Community Outreach Manager must be able to manage outreach and partner collaboration in a rapidly changing environment and provide recommendations, strategies and solutions to effectively redirect the team or project approach in response to evolving program directives.
· Develop, manage, and foster partnerships with community action agencies, community-based organizations, stakeholders, subcontractors, and other industry affiliates. Develop short- and long-term outreach and partner collaboration plans to effectively execute the program delivery strategy and support the achievement of program goals
· Identify, track and monitor program participation pipeline via commitments from community action agencies, and assist in generating leads from direct outreach activities as needed
· Analyze program data to inform the program delivery and partner collaboration strategies. Forecast participation in a production, goal-oriented environment
· Provide ongoing support and guidance to partners on the program
· Lead coordination efforts across partners, clients and the internal program team. Lead ad hoc meetings/calls with internal team, partners, and the utility clients on subjects relating to production planning, outreach activities, successes, challenges, and requests for additional support
· Deliver presentations and communicate program offerings while tailoring messaging to a variety of stakeholders
· Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills
· Client centered and customer service focused
· Ability and experience in short and long-range planning and strategy
· Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and self-direct your work
· Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative and creativity
· Exceptional problem-solving skills
· Excellent presentation skills, including both speaking and writing
· Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy-efficiency, consulting for or working with a community action agency, community-based organization supporting energy efficiency delivery or a utility
· Proven success in engaging community action agencies, similar community-based organizations and/or clients in a leadership role to develop strategic partnerships
· Ability to take full responsibility for projects from inception to close
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams under tight deadlines
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company does work.
The above job description and job requirements are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or job requirements at any time without notice.