Rebuilding Together San Francisco (RTSF) is looking for driven Social Media/Communications professional to attract and interact with targeted virtual donors and supporters. This role is classified as (1099 contractor) and will provide 10-12 hours per month to RTSF. As the Social Media/Communications, you will work closely with the Executive Director and Development Manager to support the organization’s growth and strategic response to an increasing demand for home repairs in San Francisco. The goal is to gradually achieve superior engagement of website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap. Social media professionals should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. This is an outstanding opportunity for a proactive, flexible and strategic leader with proven planning, implementation and superior writing skills to join a determined team in creating safe homes and communities in all of San Francisco’s neighborhoods.
Social Media: · Build and maintain an annual social media calendar to promote the organization’s year-round work and reputation as a reliable provider of community revitalization activities. · Edit, Update and maintain RTSF website to attract new supporters, donors and ensure website conveys impact and mission of RTSF.
Special Events: · Capture Photos/ Videos/ Quotes and experiences at RTSF Annual Event Days o National Rebuilding Day & SHEBUILDS o Builders & Brewers Fundraiser o Rebuild My Block Event · Compile media and materials for presentation on website, marketing, and social media
Marketing and Communications: · Collection of Stakeholder Interviews (neighbors, volunteers, partners, and vendors) · Edit and publish RTSF’s monthly newsletters showcasing accomplishments with stories and data. · Write regular press releases and media alerts
Position requirements · You have 1-3 years of communications experience – knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels. · Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills · You are confident with the office suite, website content management, email marketing and social media networks. Familiarity with WordPress is strongly desired · Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability · You have the ability to collaborate with several teams at once, and you have no problem managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Are you a skilled communications and social media manager who is eager to channel your skills and experience to end hunger? If so, consider applying to the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank to become the Communications and Social Media Manager and join the food bank team.
We are currently searching for talent with expertise in managing the food bank’s communications plan and social media channels. The communications and social media manager comes to the food bank with a strategic, creative, integrated and a collaborative approach to managing internal and external communications. This includes taking the lead on building, leveraging and growing the food banks social media operation.
For over 32 years the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank has been feeding people in San Francisco and Marin. We are comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area. The food bank supports 1 in 5 neighbours, who are at risk of hunger in San Francisco and Marin.
We are currently looking for a communications and social media manager to design, implement and execute our communications and social media objectives and initiatives. Please see the job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Communications and Social Media Manager leads the implementation of and contributes to the planning and strategy of communications, public relations and social media strategies that promote our work and raise the visibility of the Food Bank. They are responsible for developing compelling content, including stories, about our programs and participants, which are essential to our fundraising efforts. This is an ideal position for an excellent writer and or journalist with strong project management skills. The candidate will need a proven track record in such matters with solid experience with planning and deploying integrated communications and marketing campaigns who is interested in growing their career in a highly collaborative organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
**To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each of the essential job requirements satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Account Coordinator plays an important role in planning and executing public relations and social media campaigns and managing client needs.
Account Coordinator responsibilities include activities spanning public relations, social media, marketing and account coordination work. They include, but are not limited to:
• Developing media lists for client announcements and press outreach
• Writing press releases, media materials and newsletters on behalf of clients
• Securing print, broadcast and online coverage for clients through targeted media outreach and pitching
• Writing press backgrounders and media talking points for clients prior to briefings
• Tracking relevant press coverage
• Managing client’s social media profiles, including posting regular updates and tracking engagement
• Implementing and tracking social media campaigns on behalf of our clients
• Drafting copy for media kits, websites, brochures and other marketing materials
• Contributing toward strategic positioning and messaging documents
• Advising on web and print design and client brand identity
• Preparing meeting schedules and call agendas for clients
• Providing recommendations on how to improve ongoing campaigns and projects
• Support on additional tasks as needed
About the Candidate
Telegraph is looking for a colleague to join our team who is curious, creative and ready to learn new skills to put into action. Candidates must have outstanding written, verbal and organizational skills, attention to detail and a passion for making a difference. The account coordinator must juggle various responsibilities and keep track of deadlines for multiple accounts.
College graduates with public relations, marketing or communications degrees and relevant work or internship experience are preferred.
Job type: Full-time, on-site
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in journalism, communications, marketing, or public policy
Experience: 2+ years
This mid-level position offers salary commensurate with experience and includes full benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com apply for the Account Coordinator position at Telegraph PR. We accept applications on a rolling basis and will contact you if we are interested in pursuing your application further.
Telegraph PR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
About Telegraph PR Telegraph is a Bay Area leader in public relations and cause-oriented campaigns providing full service strategy formation, communications, and logistics support to our clients. Our tight-knit team is comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds in campaign management, public relations, copywriting, graphic design, social media, website development, branding and client relations.
Position: Director of Development & External Relations
Schedule: The Director of Development & External Relations should expect to work 40-hours per week in an office setting, or as many hours as required to complete the job. Work hours will primarily be during regular business hours, although flexibility is required for occasional evening and weekend hours.
Direct Reports: Four (4) direct reports.
Agency Overview: La Casa de las Madres (La Casa) is a California not-for-profit corporation established to provide services for battered women and their children. Founded in 1976, La Casa is San Francisco’s oldest domestic violence program, providing comprehensive supportive services through an Emergency Shelter, 2-24 hour hotlines, non-residential Community Programs, and Community Education and Outreach Programs serving women, teens and children survivors of domestic violence.
Our Mission: La Casa de las Madres’ mission is to respond to calls for help from domestic violence victims, of all ages, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We give survivors the tools to transform their lives. We seek to prevent future violence by educating the community and by redefining public perceptions about domestic violence.
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Development & External Communication is responsible for implementing a multi-level advancement plan and is responsible for diversifying La Casa de las Madres’ funding. This includes developing, managing and administering La Casa’s fund development and community relations plan, as well as managing and overseeing the provision of La Casa’s outreach and education programming, and volunteer management. As a member of La Casa’s senior management team, the Director of Development & External Relations will help strategize the organization’s overall vision, growth and operations.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced and resourceful professional that is organized, highly motivated, and is committed to the mission, vision and values of La Casa de las Madres. They will be adept in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communication for fundraising, an engaging public speaker and an ability to convey complex ideas clearly and succinctly. Experience with grant-writing and individual donor development is highly desirable.
• Plan, implement and evaluate an annual Fund Development Plan in conjunction with the Executive Director and Board to meet the agency’s funding needs for financial sustainability and growth; prepare revenue analysis and projections with Finance department.
• Establish annual objectives and key results for La Casa’s development work; provide regular progress reports for Board and senior management.
• Develop strategic plans for existing and prospective major donors for cultivation and stewardship based on their philanthropic interests, past giving, capacity, and organizational allegiance.
• Lead a multi-level advancement plan that includes major donor, corporate and business, foundation, special event and direct mail efforts.
• Plan and implement events such as La Casa’s redHOT* party, workplace campaigns; as well as one-time events like golf tournaments, dine-out's, and third party events.
• Manage application and ongoing reporting processes for all privately-funded grants.
• Proactively identify opportunities to seek funding outside of philanthropic granting calendars; partner with senior management in identifying and pursuing new, innovative sources of revenue.
• Coordinate all cultivation and solicitation activities including direct mail, major donor campaign, corporate campaign, foundation and government grants, and special events.
• Ensure compliance with funder reporting and program requirements.
• Build and maintain effective working relationship with the Board of Directors and other volunteers.
• Manage information systems including a donor profile database and funder files.
• Manage Development Department; provide supervision and support to the Development Associate, Development Assistant and the Contracts and Data Manager.
Communications & Marketing
• Implement a community education and outreach plan that reaches diverse communities and priority populations with a three-pronged focus: 1) alerting community members to the services La Casa provides to individuals impacted by domestic violence, 2) redefining public perceptions about domestic violence and 3) teaching service providers and other community members how to identify aspects of healthy and unhealthy relationships.
• Oversee all communication, marketing and brand standards, message discipline and use of brand elements.
• Oversee agency’s media and public relations agenda and responses.
• Oversee the design, implementation and timely production of annual report, agency newsletters, brochures and other marketing campaigns and publications.
• Lead the development of content for educational programming regarding domestic violence for local agencies, businesses and schools.
• Develop and implement La Casa’s awareness and education campaigns in conjunction with the Education and Volunteer Manager.
• Manage Education and Volunteer department; provide supervision and support to the Education and Volunteer Manager.
• Support Education & Volunteer Manager in all aspects of volunteer management, including recruitment, screening, hiring and placement of agency volunteers, and provision of 40-hour training for new staff and volunteers.
• Build and maintain relationships with community organizations, funding sources, and other related agencies to further La Casa’s mission and increase agency visibility.
• Oversee timely collection of project related data in compliance with contract and grant reporting requirements.
• Lead and manage development and outreach team, including: take an active role in hiring, evaluation, supervisory, training and disciplinary matters.
• Cultivate and maintain external relationships with investors, funders and other community partners.
• Uphold and ensure compliance with personnel policies and procedures.
• Ensure implementation of daily operating procedures, safety protocols and administrative functions for program activities.
• Other programmatic and administrative duties, including collecting and maintaining documentation for funding, statistical, compliance and clerical support as needed;
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
• Five (5) years of executive/senior level experience as a Development Director, Communications Director, Marketing Director or similar.
• Experience in fundraising, leadership in cultivating individual and corporate donors, grant writing and management, direct mail, planned giving and special events.
• Proven track record in raising operating and capital funds.
• Commitment to the mission, vision and values of La Casa de la Madres.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
• Exceptional influence skills and ability to use convincing arguments, creating a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
• Technical experience in managing fund development databases, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in managing the development and production of publications.
• Experience in supervision of diverse staff and board relations; commitment to team work.
• Commitment to fostering collaboration and teamwork; ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams.
• Cultural competencies working with diverse populations.
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines; demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• Clearance through DOJ Live scan fingerprinting may be required; La Casa de las Madres will consider applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and
• Valid California Driver’s License, clean driving record and insurable under agency policy. Will consider non-driver.
Required Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies in executing the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving – identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
• Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit a willingness to try new approaches.
• Managing Up - Ability to exercise good judgment and manage communications with supervisor and/or agency leadership.
• Oral communications – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Written communications – edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability – consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security – actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Other Information: The Director of Development & External Relations position is a full-time, exempt position. Work hours will be predominantly during regular business hours requiring some flexibility for occasional evening and weekend hours. Worksite will be at the offices of La Casa de las Madres in San Francisco.
Compensation/Benefits: $90,000 to $110,000 per year-DOE. Excellent benefit package includes: Kaiser/HSA health plan, dental, life insurance, long term disability, employee assistance program, employee funded 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching options, tuition reimbursement, and generous vacation and holiday plan.
How to apply: Send resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your cover letter and resume to: La Casa de las Madres - DD, 1269 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103.
La Casa de las Madres is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. EEO policy available upon request
We’re looking for a friendly, out of the box thinker to make a BIG impact in our client’s direct marketing business as an entry level Marketing Communications Specialist!
The Marketing Communications Specialist will work closely with the Marketing Specialist and Sales & Marketing Director to drive revenue while educating new market territories about services offered by their largest account.
This position is highly administrative and customer service focused and requires an individual that is very detail-oriented, self-motivated and flexible (a team player who is always willing to pitch in with other tasks as needed to successfully support the client account). Experience in hospitality, advertising, marketing and/or assistant work is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Marketing Communications Specialist may include:
Our client’s Sales & Marketing team is a close-knit group looking for the perfect fit! They have an open-office environment, giving the team the ability to learn together and engage in all strategic discussions. If you are an entry level candidate with 1-3 years of experience in the workforce or a recent graduate who is passionate about growing their career in the marketing and advertising communications industry, we would love to see your resume! Please keep in mind, this Marketing Communications Specialist role is an introductory position but has a lot of opportunity for growth. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We are a dynamic group of young business professionals! We operate the same way athletes do on a competitive sports team--our core values being leadership, integrity, teamwork, and accountability.
As a business, we highlight customer focus.
Our team is trained daily on customer service techniques and retention. Building a strong rapport with the customers in our territories is the very thing that makes our company and our clients achieve success.
Teamwork: collaborates with team members
***This role is set to start within the next two weeks, therefore local candidates are preferred who can begin the interview process as soon as possible***
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.