Communications & Research Coordinator
The Independent Film & Television Alliance® (IFTA®) is seeking a top-notch Coordinator to be a dynamic member of the Communications and Research teams and reporting to two busy department heads.
A successful candidate has prior professional experience developing, writing and creating content for a variety of communications channels and strong research and web-based skills. They application should be able to multi-task, work independently and manage projects, be organized, precise, proactive and dedicated. Strong written and verbal communications skills with staff, members, the press, and others. 2-3 years of experience working in Communication / Public Relations or a related field, and an interest in the international, business-side of the film/TV industry is highly desired.
IFTA is the global trade association for independent film and television production, finance, distribution, and sales companies. The organization represents the independent sector before governments and international bodies and provides significant entertainment industry services to more than 140 member companies from 23 countries. IFTA also produces the world's largest annual motion picture trade event, the American Film Market® (AFM®), every November in Santa Monica.
The Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the Vice Presidents of Communications and Research. Individual responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, write, produce, and distribute digital communications to members, the press and the industry at large, including newsletters, special event invitations and flyers, research reports and summaries, news items, press releases, and other collateral.
• Coordinate company’s Webinar and Informational Video program; create timelines, identify and secure speakers, handle event logistics and registration, PowerPoint and video creation, and operation of Webinar software.
• Provide public relations and press office support for IFTA and the company’s annual event, the American Film Market, in November; oversee press registration, respond to media requests, manage press lists, monitor media activity and compile coverage reports.
• Conduct research on the international film and TV business, including companies, executives, production and marketplace information.
• Develop original, compelling content for all social media channels.
• Help manage and update company’s website and MyIFTA, a private member-only community.
• Schedule and conduct phone, in-person, and email interviews with members and industry professionals - where English may not be their first language - for research reports and member services.
• Error-proof all communications and marketing content, checking format, technical/functionality, and overall accuracy.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites and Google Suite; experience with Word Press, Dreamweaver, HTML, Canva, and other photo and video-editing software is also desired
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential
• Excellent communication and service-oriented skills
• Experience in content creation
• Outstanding attention to detail, organization and planning abilities
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and programs
• Ability to prioritize and be a resourceful problem solver
• Understanding of social media best practices (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
• Experience using analytics in a business environment is a plus
• Graphic design skills are also a plus
• Bilingual is desired but not required
We provide an excellent benefits package.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary history in confidence via mail, fax or email to:
Portia McGrew, Director
Human Resources & Administration
Independent Film & Television Alliance
10850 Wilshire Blvd., 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Email: pmcgrew @ IFTA-online.org
No calls please!
Communications Associate – Entry Level
Objective: Our growth in clientele requires our company to fill a Communications Account Associate for our major clients in various industries. We have fostered an opportunity for growth within our new divisions and we seek individuals with leadership skills to spearhead our divisions.
About Us: Our Company is one of the most effective and influential advertising businesses in the area and across the US. We serve clients in a wide variety of industries. Ultimately, our goal is to establish a bridge between them and their target consumers. Using geo-targeting and market research, we reach the right audience to ensure each client’s business goals and financial targets.
· Provide logistical and strategic presentations for team preparation
· Conduct consumer demographic research for developing target market requirements for clients
· Train individuals to communicate effectively when representing major clients
· Act as a liaison for our company when new clients approach us in acquiring future partnerships
· Engage prospective team members in team building activities and developmental workshops
· Present presentations in training professionalism and highlight company standards to maintain our work ethic and motivational atmosphere we provide in our work environment
· Focus in bridging the relations we developed between our customers and clients and consistently represent our brand to emphasize our expertise in service
· College Degree is preferred
· Communications background
· Maintains a high energy attitude and comfortable with public speaking
· Interested in learning work ethics and motivational skills
· Strives for growth in a team dynamic
We are a dynamic group of young business professionals! We operate the same way athletes do on a competitive sports team--our core values being leadership, integrity, teamwork, and accountability.
As a business, we highlight customer focus.
Our team is trained daily on customer service techniques and retention. Building a strong rapport with the customers in our territories is the very thing that makes our company and our clients achieve success.
Teamwork: collaborates with team members
***This role is set to start within the next two weeks, therefore local candidates are preferred who can begin the interview process as soon as possible**
Storied is looking for an entry-level Communications Associate to join the team in Los Angeles (Playa Vista).
Storied is a strategic messaging firm. We help leaders and teams build the future through the power of storytelling—with a specialty in telling the story of innovation and disruption. Our clients are typically heads of product, design, and marketing in Silicon Valley and Fortune 500s, and include the likes of Facebook, Google and Uber. As trusted advisors and experienced facilitators, we demystify the complex and support leaders on the journey of business transformation. Since 2002, our advisory and training work has been delivered to thousands of leaders across 34 industries and 16 countries.
As the Communications Associate, you will support the Director of Strategic Communications in designing and executing a wide range of communications initiatives — from supporting client deliverables to executing marketing projects. You are eager to flex your communication skills on a variety of fronts: from copywriting and editing to research and design. You are able to balance a number of quickly evolving projects and track progress against them. You’re excited to contribute to story-driven communications. Although it’s an entry-level position, you’re eager for accelerated growth and learning in this career path.What You’ll Do Every Day
RequirementsExperience & Skills:
This is a full-time, entry-level position, with rapid onboarding and immediate impact opportunities. You will work in our Playa Vista office. You will report to our Director of Strategic Communications, and work closely with all team members.
We are looking for experienced sales associates that will be addition to our team