ESSENTIAL OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Clean and disinfect cat cages, floors, walls, hallways, isolation and treatment areas, and restrooms according to Nine Lives' cleaning protocols.
• Provide adequate dry food for cats based on the dietary needs of cats prescribed by veterinary staff.
• Provide all cats with fresh water, sand and towels, blankets, beds.
• Make sure public areas are cleaned before facilities open for the day.
• Clean and disinfect clothing, dishes, and litter boxes.
• Replenish animal care and cleaning products (eg, food, garbage, etc.) and immediately report supply needs to the supervisor
• Guarantee the safety, disinfection, organization and maintenance of public areas, workspaces, animal areas and storage areas.
• Treat cats humanely when doing your job.
• Be mindful of the welfare of all cats while doing their job and immediately inform staff of any potential health problems.
• Strong work and entrepreneurial ethic
• Not be allergic to cats.
• You like cats and feel comfortable being close to them.
• Be committed to providing a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for cats.
• Follow regular care and cleaning to ensure safety and well-being for cats.
• Being punctual and consistent in your attendance is very important.
• Have the ability to follow directions.
• Have the ability to work with staff and volunteers.
• Have the ability to frequently bend, stretch, kneel, walk, and stand while performing work functions.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Previous experience in animal care and / or cleaning preferred
• Eligible for employment in the US UU.
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
• $ 15.50 per hour
Contact Nine Lives by phone at (650) 368-1365 or email
The Nine Lives Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that operates two facilities in Redwood City: a cat adoption center and a low-cost cat clinic. We are an energetic and motivated group of volunteers and staff passionate about the well-being of cats. For more information, visit our website
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support the individuals with disabilities; emotional, behavioral or medical complexities and adults with brain injury. As a Cook with NeuroRestorative you’ll be one of those special people.
For NeuroRestorative and The MENTOR Network the Cook is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Cook also happens to be a great place to start in our company with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
Whether you have previous experience in this capacity or this just sounds like the type of career path you would like to pursue…we want to hear from you!
NeuroRestorative is seeking a Cook to coordinate menus and maintain kitchen inventory and handle food properly in compliance with health safety. The Cook will prepare food for consumers and ensure cooking equipment is in good order.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Karma Yoga is Hiring for Studio Cleaning Support.
Karma Yoga is a chic, energetic Power Yoga and Hot Pilates studio located on Union Street in the heart of Cow Hollow.
We are looking for part-time employees who love taking yoga and hot pilates and will work with a positive attitude to help keep our studio clean and safe.
This is a cleaning position with limited hours but a great way to get involved with the studio, take classes, and earn a little extra money in the process.
Friendly and professional customer service etiquette.
Remain calm and stress-free in a fast paced work environment
Availability on weekdays and weekends
Early morning and evening shifts available
Paid hourly minimum wage, heavily discounted Unlimited Membership with required 3 month work commitment
Interested applicants please email with a copy of your resume with a brief description of your availability and why you want to work at Karma Yoga. We look forward to hearing from you