The Holiday Inn in Auburn has an immediate opening for Housekeeper.
The Housekeeper maintains cleanliness of hotel rooms. Must be able to work weekends. Shift is from 8:30am - 4pm with 2 days off per week.
The Housekeeper must be able to walk, stand, hear, speak, reach shoulder height and above shoulder height, bend, stoop, grasp and use finger manipulation to grasp items. Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally and 5-10 pounds frequently throughout shift.
Holiday Inn Auburn is an award winning property, located in the Sierra foothills.
COMPENSATION $19.50/hour + Full Benefits
PROGRAM Hamilton Shelter Program | 260 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco, CA 94102
REPORTS TO Operations Manager
WORK SCHEDULE Sunday-Thursday 6:00 am-2:30 pm
UNION REPRESENTATION YES – OPEIU, Local 29; initial fee + monthly dues
Our mission is to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1985, Hamilton Families is San Francisco's leading service provider to homeless families, with carefully designed programs to prevent homelessness, provide shelter and stability, return families to permanent housing and support the well-being of children experiencing homelessness. We currently operate these programs across four sites in San Francisco and Oakland. For more information, visit www.hamiltonfamilies.org.
Program and Position Overview
Hamilton Families Shelter Program in the Tenderloin provides a safe place to sleep, three meals a day and critical social services to 50 families a night (about 150 individuals) for up to six months. The program provides emergency beds for families in immediate crisis and private rooms for families on the city’s shelter waitlist. Participants receive comprehensive support services that include case management with referrals and linkages to community services and benefits, employment and life skills training, access to basic health services, children’s services, three meals a day, and innovative and direct assistance in securing permanent housing.
The Custodian is an important member of the program team by maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment for program participants and by promptly preparing vacant units for move in. The Custodian is also responsible for maintaining staff offices, meeting rooms, and other common and public spaces in the Shelter Program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment in a shelter housing approximately 50 families.
• Maintain the general cleanliness of the building interior and exterior and follow established cleaning schedule.
• Regularly clean buildings including offices, common areas, hallways, bathrooms, courtyard, and parking areas. Wash walls and polish floors. Keep parking areas, courtyard, and area immediately in front of and behind buildings free from debris and trash.
• Conduct visual inspection of maintenance needs and report them to the Operations Manager and/or Facilities Maintenance Manager. Report major and minor emergency repair needs.
• Perform routine janitorial services according to work plan assignments; clean, scour, and disinfect bathrooms and dining areas daily; maintenance and cleaning of kitchen from time to time as needed.
• Maintain trash removal systems including rotation of garbage receptacles and recycling. Clean and mop hallways, common areas, sidewalks, and individual units as necessary.
• Assist with and prepare for routine inspections by outside agencies.
• Maintain vigilance against pests and report need for special pest control.
• Keep inventory of supplies, tools, and cleaning equipment.
• Follow safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Attend required meetings and trainings as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow written instructions and guidelines and work independently.
• Able to use cleaning supplies, maintenance equipment, and other related materials, equipment, and tools according to established safety and user guidelines.
• At least one year of residential maintenance or related building maintenance experience.
• General knowledge of Cal/OSHA safety requirements.
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds on an ongoing and repetitive basis as needed.
• Ability to perform essential job duties in a shelter environment encompassing four floors.
• Ability and willingness to work tactfully under pressure; cope with stress; problem-solving ability.
• Good judgment and ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability, willingness, and sensitivity to work with a diverse, low-income population.
• Maturity, honesty, dependability, initiative, and follow-through.
• Proficient in basic Microsoft Office Outlook and Word.
• Position requires routine TB (tuberculosis) testing and documentation (post-offer);
• Position subject to criminal background check and fingerprinting through the California Department of Justice (post-offer).
• Valid California driver’s license and clean DMV record preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Great benefits: Hamilton Families (HF) offers excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA and 24 Hour Fitness locations. Additionally, HF offers tax-deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, and ride sharing services like Lyft Line and Uber pool.
Growth and leadership opportunities: The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. We also offer a $1,000 tuition reimbursement to employees each year (after 12 months of employment) and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
Time off: HF employees enjoy generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
Long-term benefits: HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and other great long-term benefits!
• Click the blue “APPLY” button above to apply via Hamilton Families’ ADP Applicant Portal.
• Please attach resume and letter of interest (applications without these 2 documents will not be considered).
• No faxes or phone calls.
• Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
CLEANING DISINFECTING CLEANING DISINFECTING CLEANING DISINFECTING CLEANING DISINFECTING CLEANING DISINFECT
Apply TODAY sign up on our app GIGTRACKS
We are seeking CLEANING / DISINFECTION TEAMS to assist with the cleaning and disinfecting of high transit areas and high-touch surfaces (e.g., light switches, doorknobs, elevaror buttons...etc).
SHIFT: 1pm - 9:30pm (5 days a week)
GREAT OPPORTUNITY, FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES AND COMPETITIVE PAY!
We are seeking HOUSEKEEPERS to work temporary, part and full time positions. You will assist in the preparation, cooking, presentation, serving and clean-up of meals in a kitchen.
APPLY TODAY from the comfort of wherever you are...download our FREE app GIGTRACKS on your phone and register "I want to work" Once your profile is complete our team will review, get you approved and then you will be ready to start making money!
Express Employment Professionals is in Ithaca currently hiring Cleaning/Custodial Staff for many companies in and around the Ithaca area. You will be working in buildings cleaning common areas, sweeping, taking out garbage, dusting and general clean-up. Must have excellent reliability and attention to detail. Day time hours, Monday - Friday. The ideal candidates will have their own reliable transportation, have previous experience in a cleaning position, and have good communication skills. Full time and part time hours available. We are working with the top companies in our community. Call or text 607-256-2121 or apply below!
We are seeking a Janitorial Staff to join our team! You will be responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
We are a seeking cleaning specialists for a furnished rental company.
MySDrental.com Operates around 30 properties Downtown/Little Italy in San Diego. We provide furnished homes to long and short term tenants. We are looking to expand our cleaning staff and get ready for the summer season!
Cleaning staff are responsible for regularly cleaning and tidying rentals. We work in pairs or alone and provide a flexible schedule
11am-4pm Flexible availability, must be willing to work one weekend day per week
Some of the work to be performed (Just some of the duties):
We provide most supplies and will train the right individuals.
We are seeking a House Cleaner to join our team! You will perform a variety of cleaning and organizing duties.
This house cleaning, housekeeping is the perfect job for someone who likes to clean, enjoys working in a team, likes to make customers happy through their work.
Pay & Benefits: