Easy job, 1.5 hour work, work efficiently and finish in 1 hour. Your choice: $20 per shift OR Free laundry + $10 per shift.
Fridays night close, Saturdays night close available.
Role: Clean a laundromat
* Machine cleaning, and stainless surface polishing
* Store sweeping, mopping, and bathroom cleaning
* Empty garbage and recycling
* Include the word bluejeans in your email
* Stay in communication with store manager
COMPENSATION $19/hour + Full Benefits
PROGRAM Hamilton Shelter Program | 260 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco, CA 94102
REPORTS TO Operations Manager
WORK SCHEDULE Sunday-Thursday 6:00 am-2:30 pm
UNION REPRESENTATION YES – OPEIU, Local 29; initial fee + monthly dues
Our mission is to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1985, Hamilton Families is San Francisco's leading service provider to homeless families, with carefully designed programs to prevent homelessness, provide shelter and stability, return families to permanent housing and support the well-being of children experiencing homelessness. We currently operate these programs across four sites in San Francisco and Oakland. For more information, visit www.hamiltonfamilies.org.
Program and Position Overview
Hamilton Families Shelter Program in the Tenderloin provides a safe place to sleep, three meals a day and critical social services to 50 families a night (about 150 individuals) for up to six months. The program provides emergency beds for families in immediate crisis and private rooms for families on the city’s shelter waitlist. Participants receive comprehensive support services that include case management with referrals and linkages to community services and benefits, employment and life skills training, access to basic health services, children’s services, three meals a day, and innovative and direct assistance in securing permanent housing.
The Custodian is an important member of the program team by maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment for program participants and by promptly preparing vacant units for move in. The Custodian is also responsible for maintaining staff offices, meeting rooms, and other common and public spaces in the Shelter Program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment in a shelter housing approximately 50 families.
• Maintain the general cleanliness of the building interior and exterior and follow established cleaning schedule.
• Regularly clean buildings including offices, common areas, hallways, bathrooms, courtyard, and parking areas. Wash walls and polish floors. Keep parking areas, courtyard, and area immediately in front of and behind buildings free from debris and trash.
• Conduct visual inspection of maintenance needs and report them to the Operations Manager and/or Facilities Maintenance Manager. Report major and minor emergency repair needs.
• Perform routine janitorial services according to work plan assignments; clean, scour, and disinfect bathrooms and dining areas daily; maintenance and cleaning of kitchen from time to time as needed.
• Maintain trash removal systems including rotation of garbage receptacles and recycling. Clean and mop hallways, common areas, sidewalks, and individual units as necessary.
• Assist with and prepare for routine inspections by outside agencies.
• Maintain vigilance against pests and report need for special pest control.
• Keep inventory of supplies, tools, and cleaning equipment.
• Follow safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Attend required meetings and trainings as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow written instructions and guidelines and work independently.
• Able to use cleaning supplies, maintenance equipment, and other related materials, equipment, and tools according to established safety and user guidelines.
• At least one year of residential maintenance or related building maintenance experience.
• General knowledge of Cal/OSHA safety requirements.
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds on an ongoing and repetitive basis as needed.
• Ability to perform essential job duties in a shelter environment encompassing four floors.
• Ability and willingness to work tactfully under pressure; cope with stress; problem-solving ability.
• Good judgment and ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability, willingness, and sensitivity to work with a diverse, low-income population.
• Maturity, honesty, dependability, initiative, and follow-through.
• Proficient in basic Microsoft Office Outlook and Word.
• Position requires routine TB (tuberculosis) testing and documentation (post-offer);
• Position subject to criminal background check and fingerprinting through the California Department of Justice (post-offer).
• Valid California driver’s license and clean DMV record preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Great benefits: Hamilton Families (HF) offers excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA and 24 Hour Fitness locations. Additionally, HF offers tax-deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, and ride sharing services like Lyft Line and Uber pool.
Growth and leadership opportunities: The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. We also offer a $1,000 tuition reimbursement to employees each year (after 12 months of employment) and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
Time off: HF employees enjoy generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
Long-term benefits: HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and other great long-term benefits!
• Click the blue “APPLY” button above to apply via Hamilton Families’ ADP Applicant Portal.
• Please attach resume and letter of interest (applications without these 2 documents will not be considered).
• No faxes or phone calls.
• Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
A-Maid-Zing Cleaners is a brand new, women owned
residential and commercial cleaning company located in Baldwin County. We service the entire Baldwin County and surrounding areas and our technicians are the highest paid HCT's in the entire area!!
We are looking to build a solid team across the different regions, to start taking cleaning requests from customers.
As part of the Amaidzing Crew, the HCT will perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain private households or commercial establishments, such as hotels, restaurants, and hospitals, in a clean and orderly manner. Duties include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming.
Please visit: www.amaidzingcleaners.com to learn more about our organization and how you can make an impact!
• Sanitize kitchen floors and counters
• Vacuum and wash carpets, and polish and wax floors
• Clean rooms, halls, lounges, and corridors
• Empty and wash wastepaper baskets and ashtrays
• Replenish bathroom supplies and disinfect bathroom floors
• Wash dishes and place them in the dryer
• Arrange dishes in cupboards
• Dust and polish furniture and equipment
• Sort clothes for washing and place them in the washing machine
• Organized washed and ironed clothes in wardrobes
• Wash and organize the linen
• Polish silver accessories and metalwork
• Change bed sheets using fresh linen
• Scrub stains and mold from surfaces
• Wipe down appliances
• Clean upholstered furniture by wiping it down
• Disinfect equipment using a variety of chemicals
• Mix cleaning chemicals using safe practices
$12.00 - $13.50 per hr.
Work with a partner
Company Vehicle (coming soon)
Highest paid cleaners in the area
Employee Recognition Program
Promotions from within
Bonus based on customers feedback
US citizen/Must show proof of citizenship
At least 1 year experience
18 years of age or over
Willing to work full time or part time hours
Driver's license and car insurance
Able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening
Job Title: Maintenance Associate
Job Location: Store Location
Reports to: Assistant Store Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt. Positions may be Full or Part-Time; Seasonal or Non-Seasonal
Dedicated resource within the Store team, responsible for executing facility related programs in compliance with Corporate and regulatory guidelines and ensuring the stores cleaning and maintenance standards are consistently met. Responsible for interior and exterior maintenance, cleanliness and safety. Assess facility conditions and trends for proper planning of tasks and activities.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS