Good Samaritan is a Christian church that encourages individuals to begin and/or deepen their relationship with Christ by building relationships through small group and community wide interactions. We are committed to serving others as Good Samaritans by sharing the love of Christ. Good Sam is located in the heart of Lake Wylie, South Carolina, a rapidly growing area.
A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ evidenced by a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
Prioritizes and engages their pastoral function.
Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Good Sam UMC.
Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
A commitment to moral purity.
A pastoral musician with a heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
Skilled instrumentalist (preferably guitar and/or piano or keyboard) - a true musician.
Lead quality vocalist - a strong, listenable voice to be easily followed.
Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a congregation in worship.
Skilled in vocal, and instrumental direction.
Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, and video projection.
Ability to integrate various art forms as needed.
Potential to incorporate an additional worship service.
A team player with a positive attitude.
Faithfully attend and carry out all duties.
The Worship Leader will be supportive of the Senior Pastor’s goals.
Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship services and seasonal or special services as needed.
Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Good Sam.
Plan the corporate worship services of Good Sam in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day.
Oversee song selection and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
Manage the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
Set annual goals for the worship ministry.
We are seeking a General Manager/Shift Leaders to join our team! You will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of the retail sales team.
Purpose: To serve the vision of The Carpenter’s Church (We build lives) by leading our congregation into interactive, “Presence-driven” worship.
· A growing personal walk with Jesus.
· A passion for worship ministry.
· Significant skills as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
· Ability to lead worship while playing either keyboard or guitar.
· Broad knowledge of Christian worship music across multiple styles and generational tastes.
· Proficient in reading music.
· Systematic team building and leadership skills.
· Ability to communicate vision.
· Ability to lead both large and small groups.
· Basic computer skills. Must be willing to learn new programs as needed.
· Must be energetic and able to stand or sit for lengths of time as needed.
· A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9)
· Must have a teachable spirit and willing to receive guidance from the Lead Pastor.
· Work with the Lead Pastor to plan the worship services.
· Lead the musical portion of worship services.
· Lead all music ministries in the church.
· Develop a process to regularly identify and deploy new volunteers in the church’s worship ministry.
· Look for ways to inspire non-musical worship experiences for the church body.
· Oversee the church’s worship tech ministry.
· Attend staff meeting.
· Work with youth and children’s ministry leaders to find worship leaders for age-graded worship experiences within the church.
· Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments owned by the church.
· The Worship Leader reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
· The Worship Leader is a representative of The Carpenter’s Church. As such, and as a paid staff member, the Worship Leader (and if married, their spouse as well) shall conduct their life in a Christ-like manner.
· The Worship Leader is expected to be present at all regular Church Services as well as all church-wide functions.
· The Worship Leader is subject to all employment policies of The Carpenter’s Church.
· All staff members at The Carpenter’s Church are team players and are willing to help in any area of ministry as requested by the Lead Pastor.
Plan and lead Sunday evening senior high youth group; facilitate Wednesday evening youth discussion; coordinate and lead annual youth mission trip; run occasional weekend retreats or activities. Ideal candidate has a strong ability to relate to high school youth and parents, and possesses excellent organizational and communication skills.
Position is part-time, approximately 10 hours per week, mid-August through mid-June. Apply: email@example.com
- Effectively lead the congregation into the presence of GOD, using praise and worship selections suited for the culture of the church.
- A CHRIST-centered, mature spiritual life in harmony with Biblical / UMC practices.
- The individual fulfilling the responsibilities of worship leader shall be a servant leader of genuine and deepening Christian character, of emotional, mental, and personal stamina. Additionally, he or she needs to be a loyal participant of a ministry team who can work well and cultivate trust with others.
- A gifted musician (preferably with the ability to play keyboards) who can lead and develop a team of lay servants.
- A team player who will work well with the pastoral staff.
- 1-2 years of worship leading preferred
- Available for Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter
- Additional qualities: reliable, timely, flexible, organized, leadership
- Critical skills: music knowledge/vocalist/instrumentalist, ProPresenter experience
- Pray, lead, recruit, promote, demonstrate, communicate, encourage & grow worship team(s) as an important ministry while discerning & developing spiritual gifts of team members.
- Coordinate Sunday morning schedule / setup with the Pastor, staff members as necessary
- Coordinate with pastor in pre-planning of each teaching series to maximize GOD’s impact and purpose in the lives of congregation.
- Collaborate with Pastor on planned worship set(s) (at least 2 weeks in advance)
- Determine best song or musical arrangements while utilizing team members’ gifts to best deliver worship to our Lord and Savior.
- Provide team members with the set list, lyrics and arrangements early enough in the week to allow for team members to practice in advance of weekly team rehearsal (includes computer and audio teams).
- Work with Management Team and Pastor regarding equipment purchases and repairs.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Position may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of Fleming Island UMC. A UMC background or familiarity, while not mandatory, is helpful.
Expected Outcomes of Position
- Form a diversely gifted worship team of musicians (percussion, vocals, guitar, bass, keyboard)who dedicate themselves to helping the congregation give glory and honor to GOD.
- Recruit new team members to share their gifts for ministry while building a team of musicians that can rotate in sharing these responsibilities.
- Choose a variety of musical selections and styles while incorporating an occasional traditional hymn.