Founded in 1867, the Sacramento Children's Home is the oldest active charity in Sacramento, & among the most highly respected. Serving over 7,000 children & over 4,000 families every year, with eight programs across six locations, we offer excellent career advancement opportunities while making a positive impact in your community.
OVERVIEW: The Child Care Worker assists in ensuring the success of the mission of the Crisis Nursery which is to provide a temporary, loving, and safe homelike setting for children from birth through age 5 so as to prevent child abuse and neglect by supporting families during times of crisis.
SCHEDULE: 11pm -7am (Saturday & Sunday); Must attend mandatory meeting on Wednesdays 1pm - 3pm
• Ensure the safety of the children by supervising them at all times
• Provide direct child care services while being aware of the needs and well-being of all children
• Remain alert to physical and/or emotional changes in the infants or children indicating the onset of illness
• Attend to all child care needs, including but not limited to diaper changes, bathing, feeding, one-on-one interaction, discipline, etc.
• Assist with household tasks including, but not limited to, cleaning, preparing meals and snacks, inventory of supplies/food, laundry, etc. for the children
• Constantly monitor and maintain the cleanliness and safety of the interior and exterior of the Nursery
• A high school diploma or GED is required
• Completion of twelve semester units or equivalent quarter units from an accredited college or university, with a passing grade, as determined by institution is preferred
o These classes should have a focus on Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Child Health
Three semester units, or equivalent quarter units, including coursework in the care of infants is preferred
• Six months of work experience in a licensed group home, licensed infant care center, or comparable licensed group child care program is preferred
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability plans, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid training and career advancement opportunities.
TO APPLY: To view specific schedules available and to apply, visit our website.