We are seeking a Full-Time Director Qualified Childcare Teacher to join our team at Prairie Pals Monday-Friday from 9:00am-6:15pm or 8:30am-5:30pm! This individual will work in an environment that changes daily with children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education, or equivalent (64 semester hours in any discipline with a minimum of 21 semester hours of college credit in child development, early childhood education or early childhood special education).
- Either a Gateways to Opportunity Level I Illinois Director Credential or 3 semester hours of college credit or 3 points of credential approved training in administration, leadership or management.
- Must Meet all Requirements of DCFS 407 regulations for Directorship
- Previous experience in childcare, preferably with infants and toddlers
- Multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about working with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Instruct children in age appropriate activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Follow schedules and routines set forth by Parents and the Center to ensure adequate physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Work closely with other teachers and aides to ensure a safe and friendly environment for all
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
Prairie Pals Christian Preschool & Childcare is under the umbrella of a non-profit organization, Oswego Christian Foundation. Our philosophy is to provide an academic, social and spiritual environment with a program that will help children develop physically, emotionally, and cognitively. Our Preschool and Childcare provide an atmosphere that is conducive to children's learning while building their faith and self-esteem.