X-Therma pioneers ground-breaking cold chain technology via a convergent biopreservation platform, to advance Regenerative Medicine and make available safe and on-demand organs, engineered tissues, and cell & gene therapies to patients in need. Our vision is to build Global organ exchange to save millions of lives. We welcome talented individuals whom have a strong drive and the fearless grit required to make positive impact for the world with physical science. We appreciate talent, and it is X-Therma's mission to satisfy your personal development goals to become better every day. We are located in the San Francisco East Bay, not only known for its beautiful scenery and comfortable weather all year round, but also you can truly embrace the breath of innovation and dream building spirit of San Francisco.
Overview of Responsibilities: We are seeking a motivated individual who can excel within the small team dynamic of a startup company, enjoys working on game-changing projects, and thrives under emerging challenges to drive projects to completion. You will have a great opportunity to contribute to ground breaking, life-saving products from ideation to the full product development cycle. The scientific program manager (SPM) is responsible for the scientific activities of the company in the broadest sense. This is an execution role. The SPM will be responsible for managing the workflow of the Company’s science from the highest level to daily needs. The SPM will play a critical role in data analysis, internal and external reporting, managing external partners, and preparing manuscripts, white papers, grant proposals, and patents. Excellent scientific and professional writing skills in English are absolutely critical to this role.
Salary up to $110,000 for experienced candidates. To be cognizant of each other’s time, we will not review any resume unless “Application for SPM” is the title of the email, or is at the very top line of the resume. Applicants are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter. Applicants will not be considered without a strong background in STEM and subspecialty in a bio-related field. This position is available immediately and includes a competitive compensation package with health/dental benefits and optional 401(k) plan.
-SPM responsibilities and activities:
· Work with an innovative team to translate new ideas into projects and drive them through to completion
· Develop the definition of project goals and timelines for all research activities
· Develop research plans (including experimental design), timelines, and budgets for new research activities
· Ensure the goals of each project are being met
· Maintain clear vision of resources needed to complete the goals of each project
· Manage government research grants, reporting, and objectives
· Develop and manage product testing goals with outside partners
· Perform risk-based analyses and develop plans to avoid future roadblocks; remove barriers
· Manage a small group of researchers day-to-day
· Perform cell culture, acquire data, and manage equipment when needed
· Manage and interpret raw data from the team
· Review, interpret and summarize data from external partners
· Prepare data reports monthly, quarterly, annually, and as necessary
· Propose and prepare new manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals
· Serve as primary writer on a series of white papers
· Assist in writing and submitting grant proposals
· Assist management with patent writing
Required experience and skillset:
· Ph.D. or equivalent in a biotechnology related field such as, tissue engineering, biomedical engineering, regenerative medicine, cell biology or similar
· 5+ years of relevant industry experience
· Proven project management experience
· Proven writing skills as evidenced by past work
· Demonstrated excellence in organizing, planning and multi-tasking to complete projects
· Proven strategic planning skills for management of long-term projects
· Has the ability to assess activities using a risk management-based approach to set clear goals, avoid roadblocks, and fine-tune project goals as necessary
· Has a attitude for all tasks (process development, innovation, approach, communication)
· Takes pride in completing tasks with diligence and detail
· Performs as a true team player; no task is too big or too small for you
· Considers failure to meet a deadline as a ‘personal defeat’
· Has exceptional ability to balance pressures with production of high quality work
· Must be able to work in a laboratory without prohibitive limitations
· Able to physically lift 25-50lbs
Exceptional candidates will have:
· Deep knowledge of and hands-on experience in cryopreservation
· Persistence and an eagerness to grow with the team to achieve the ultimate goal: Global organ exchange to save millions of lives.
· A self-driven, highly efficient, and output focused attitude; the personal ambition to put in occasional overtime and weekend hours as required
· Experience in the Regenerative Medicine industry such as cell banking, cell & gene therapy, engineered tissue constructs, and organ transplantation
X-Therma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. X-Therma does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
GNR has been retained to conduct a confidential search for one of the most well-known American companies in the past 80 years.
With a $400M investment into a new Mobile division this position is an entrepreneurs’ dream!
We’ re seeking an experienced Executive who knows the wireless handset market to work directly with the Corporate CEO.
As CHIEF PRODUCT OFFICER (CPO / CTO / VP ENGINEERING), you will define the organizations' vision and strategies for future mobile devices and services while managing and building the most elite Hardware & Software Engineering R&D teams in the world.
LOCATION: Ultimately this role will be in the Los Angeles, CA area - BUT telecommute is acceptable for now
Successful Civil Engineering/ Land Surveying Company founded in 1986, a leader in the Commercial and Industrial Land Development Sector seeks all levels of Land Surveying staff (field and office) from Chainman to Senior Surveyor (L.S. preferred) to assist in the preparation of ALTA Surveys, Topographic Surveys, Parcel Maps, Tract Maps, Tentative Maps, Easements, Construction Staking Calculations, Construction Staking and Boundary Surveying. Field personnel must have a good driving record and knowledge of data collectors. Office personnel must possess advanced AutoCAD skills.
Immediate openings with outstanding benefits and salary package available commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will not only need the specific skills for the prior mentioned duties, but also have excellent interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills and experience interacting with government officials, developers, and have a professional presence in the field.
Excellent Benefits package available, Compensation is dependent on experience, competence and area market.
No phone calls, please.