We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Application Scientist with extensive experience with proteomic sample preparations and back-end data analysis to join our dedicated professional technical team. The successful candidate will help lead our efforts to apply our novel hyperstable proteases to proteomic sample digestions in any number of contexts. Primary research responsibilities will include the testing and development of various front-end sample procedures using entirely new classes of proteases developed in our enzyme-discovery pipeline. This position is fully funded by a National Institutes of Health SBIR Phase II grant. The successful applicant will have the desire to adapt and grow with our young company and the ability to independently run a team to accomplish defined business and technical goals. Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for working as part of a lean team in a fast-paced ‘startup’ environment are essential. Most importantly, we are seeking an individual who is willing and able to be resourceful, creative, flexible and has a strong desire to learn new things while having fun doing it.
Compensation and Benefits
Please send your resume and briefly (1 page max) share your thoughts on these questions so we can know a little about you:
SOL Engineering Services, LLC is an engineering and technical services provider, with over 17 years of engineering and consulting experience. Our viability comes, in part, from utilizing the diverse backgrounds of the firm’s owners and the experiences of its team of approximately 100 engineers, scientists, technical subject matter experts, and program and project managers. Our hands-on project implementation approach encompasses management, quality, and engineering principles to ensure effective management and delivery of all projects. SOL’s reputation and keys to success are built on providing high quality, responsive engineering and related technical services while maintaining professional commitments and ensuring that full satisfaction is given to our clients throughout the United States.
SOL Engineering Services, LLC is searching for a Chief Administrative Officer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working closely with the corporate team as well as other team members and stakeholders to support the business including financial planning and analysis, human capital related matters, strategic initiatives, project management, etc. This is a highly strategic, visible and facilitative role that requires a combination of focus and flexibility as well as willingness to play an active, operational, and communicative role.
· Works collaboratively with the Principals and leadership team to plan and execute organization operational strategy
· Responsible for leading, managing, and building (through recruiting, mentoring/coaching) a world class, high performance team
· Overall responsibility for operational execution, including Manufacturing Operations, Engineering (including Product and Process), Administration, and Sales
· Execution of organization's vision
· Running day to day operations, including management meetings and 1 on 1's
· Responsible for implementing and achieving KPI's pertaining to Organizational performance
· Achieve targeted margins
· Succession planning for jointly identified key roles
· Key processes documented and implemented for world class operations
· Minimum 7-10 years relevant experience in a business or executive management type role
· Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
· Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
· Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
· Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
· Experience with data analysis
· Experience with budget management
· Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
· Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
· Strong integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits and paid vacation. Veterans and HUBZone residents are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be responsible for leading the company’s overall strategic direction, profitability, customer satisfaction, operations, budgeting process, and financial performance. He/she must drive results and accountability through corporate’s executive leadership group and business unit’s leadership team, sharpening the organizations strategy and execution, and delivering organic and acquisitive growth.
Email Dan Witters at email@example.com
(RECRUITERS MAY NOT CONTACT- Direct Applicants Only)
Position: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
Chief Financial Officer For a mid-sized Professional Services Engineering Company. The ideal candidate will have experience working with federal agencies and with an engineering background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with the President/CEO on the strategic vision for the company.
· Provide executive leadership in the continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives and offer recommendations to enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
· Directs and oversees all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
· Oversees the organization’s risk management, general liability and related insurance coverage and risk mitigation.
· Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
· Prepare monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP requirements.
· Analyze cash flow, cost controls, expenses and all financial statements to pinpoint potential areas for improvements.
· Knowledge of FAR and government contracting obligations including indirect rate calculations and government contractor audit requirements.
· Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall fiscal operation, performance and effectiveness of the organization.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting/finance/or related field
· 7 + years of accounting experience
· Controller or Chief Financial Officer level
Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.