Mollie Stone’s Markets is a local, family owned grocery store chain in the San Francisco Bay area, serving customers since 1986. With 32 years of exemplary performance in the market, Mollie Stone’s continues to make a difference in people’s lives through food. Currently maintaining 9 Grocery Stores, a Produce Warehouse and Headquarters in Mill Valley, CA, we succeed in the industry by ensuring we deliver a large variety of exciting and quality products in an attractive and positive environment.
About the Role:
Mollie Stone's Markets seeks a responsible person for our Head Clerk position for our store location in Palo Alto. The Head Clerk assumes leadership for the store in the absence of the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, and Second Assistant. This individual must have a passion for customer service, food, and a desire to provide a tailored shopping experience for all customers. This position is Part Time.
- Effectively manages the Store and supervises the employees in absence of Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, and second Assistant.
- Ensure store is secure, properly closed and prepared for the next business day.
- Ensure the store provides and achieves exceptional customer service and all related operational goals and objectives.
- Completes supervisory paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversee the processing and stocking of new shipments.
- Handles emergencies and customer complaints.
- Process sales at register.
- Responsible key holder.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Previous experience in grocery.
- Previous experience in a management role-at least one year.
- Ability to give exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to motivate and execute through others.
- Previous cash handling skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions when necessary and know when to ask for help.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Local candidates only.
- Must be able to regularly lift at least 50 lbs.
- Standing: Up to 8 hours per day.
- Seating: Up to 1 hours per day.
- Walking: Up to 6 hours per day.
- Reaching: Up to 4 hours per day.
About the Benefits:
- This is a union position with competitive pay.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pension Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Entertainment Discounts
- 20% Employee Discount on Mollie Stone’s Purchases
- Paid Time Off
Why should you apply?
- You want to enjoy what you do.
- You know what it takes to provide outstanding customer service.
- You would like to join a local, family owned company who values you.
- You get to enjoy and rely on great benefits and perks for you and your family.
- You’ll have opportunity to learn, grow and advance in your career.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Mollie Stone’s Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer