Who Should Apply
A creative, curious, plan-in-advance chef who wants to put out high quality food and loves working events on an on-call basis.
Bite Catering Couture is looking for detail-focused, productive catering chefs for on-call prep and event work.
We are looking for somebody curious about food who is a strong chef generalist - excited about using a broad range of food, techniques, ingredients, and approaches as befits a caterer constantly creating menus tailored to a variety of client needs and events.
We run in a fairly detail and process-oriented way and so you'll be attracted to strong process, written recipes, and an understanding of how catering chefs need to work (which are very different than the rules of a restaurant, hotel, food truck, or private chef).
Success in this role generally looks like:
Why work at Bite
We offer a great work environment centered in our Culver City-adjacent kitchen (with natural light!). We're a chef-run company with a focus on high quality productive work (without babysitting) with great colleagues for adults who can manage their own mise en plus, work clean, and follow recipes.
Also note: we value teamwork, curiosity, process, planning, and coaching over yelling and flying by the seat of our pants. We keep a collegial, respectful, quiet kitchen filled with self-motivated chefs.
We seek a talented detail/ process-oriented chef who can help us to produce beautiful and creative food for events and work said events.
With us you will have the opportunity to experience a wide variety of cuisines with a large emphasis on detail and presentation - every day is something new. Every one of our chefs is expected to help with menu ideas. Opinions are encouraged and expected once you understand our philosophy and approach.
We run a "lean" operation off of detailed recipes, prep and event plans which helps us avoid chaos, surprises and maintain a highly productive kitchen. We believe in continuous improvement, so you'll need to help us plan and find/ solve for any errors.
Preferred Education/ Experience
Prep: $15-$18/hr. Event work comes with event bonuses and tips.
Bites & Bashes is a rapidly expanding Los Angeles-based catering company by mother-daughter duo Julie and Crystal Coser. Crystal studied food science and food history at Harvard University while throwing events for the 8,000-student college before working at an experiential agency in Hollywood. She also is the former Associate Editor of Eater LA. Julie is a Cordon Bleu-trained chef who has been in the restaurant and catering industry for 25 years.
Bites & Bashes opened its first restaurant in Los Angeles in 2018, and has been featured in Food & Wine Magazine and Eater.
Clients include Google, Facebook, Instagram, Apple, Amazon, Uber, The Clinton Foundation, Harry Winston, Netflix, Red Bull, PlayStation, Beats by Dre, National Geographic, Anthropologie, Viacom, Nickelodeon, UCLA, Honda, Smithsonian, BCG, Bain, Porsche, BMW, Acura, Diageo, Levi’s, Uniqlo, BareMinerals, and Too Faced Cosmetics.
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Catering Cook
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time positions available
Bites & Bashes is seeking a highly proactive, experienced line/prep cook that will work on both cafe and catering orders. There is an enormous potential for growth.
• Efficient, meticulous food production
• Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
• Practice workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
• Demonstrate time and work load management abilities
• Able to work flexible hours and days
• Two year culinary arts degree preferred
• Minimum of two years related experience
• Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
• Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work environment
• Must have current California State Food Managers Card prior to applying
• Competitive compensation package
• Benefits based on experience
• Exceptional meal and discount dining program
• Fun-loving company culture
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Washing dishes as well as helping with the overall cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom. This job does require lifting, mopping, sweeping, stocking, and in-and-out of refrigerators. Includes washing pots pans, flatware, cleaning machines/appliances, unloading and storing deliveries, taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans, and supporting other staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed. Ability to stand and walk for 8-hour shifts. Be a cooperative team member.
Seeking a proven sales performer, fluent in Spanish, to join our catering sales effort for multiple venues at our golf course located in Downey.
As a member of our catering sales team, you'll be responsible for driving sales to our catering prospects. Weddings and Quinceanera’s comprise the majority of the events held in our Banquet Room, Garden and Lake Side venues. In addition to handling inbound leads; lead generation through the development of relationships in the community is key. Memorials, school and business functions are all additional sources of sales that will be pursued by the selected candidate.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Consistently meet and/or exceed sales goals
· Qualify incoming leads, converting them into on-site visits and sales
· Execute an effective sales process while describing the full set of services available for a wide variety of events
· Work with brides to plan on-site ceremonies and receptions leveraging our multiple venues and our bridal suite
· Establishing a strong networking presence within the local community
· Manage all aspects of the sales process, contracts, deposits, finalize details and collection of final payments.
· Enter all leads and activities into our ACT! database, maintaining accurate information for tracking and reporting.
· Work with the internal team, communicating key requirements and information to ensure the successful event execution within each supporting department.
· Assisting in the development of banquet menus and pricing
· Providing personal attention to clients while they are at the course to ensure total guest satisfaction
· Developing relationships with local vendors for table arrangements, limousines, photographers, etc.
This position requires a high performing, self-motivated. sales professional fluent in Spanish. The ideal candidate will have a four-year college degree, one year of catering sales experience and a proven track record of success.
Must speak Spanish fluently.
Experience at a similar size and quality golf course or catering facility
Proactive sales approach; assertive and fast-paced, driven to succeed
Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of various cultural social events including, but not limited to weddings, Quinceanera’s and fraternal organization meetings
Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Compensation $15 per hour plus commissions
Job Type: Full-time
Benefit plan available
We are seeking a Catering Kitchen Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for providing customers with a memorable dining experience.
Work and manage restaurant operation daily. Coordinate with suppliers and frachisor. Manage Human Resorces and customer service. Protect the interest of the restaurant and can work independantly.