Are you interested in politics? Do you have a passion for community and education? Looking for an internship that can be safely completed during Shelter-in-Place?
Progressive, Oakland-based consulting firm is seeking interns for a local OUSD school board campaign. Ideal candidates can commit to working 10-15 hours per week, beginning in late-July and continuing through Election Day on November 3rd. This is an unpaid internship opportunity that will provide hands-on experience in a critical local election. Each week, interns will join training sessions that cover a variety of topics given by consultants and special guest speakers.
Interns will perform a variety of tasks throughout the campaign.
The following is a list of the most frequently required tasks:
- Assist Campaign Manager and other key campaign staff in daily activities.
- Post and manage social media content.
- Conduct voter outreach.
- Recruit and train new volunteers.
- Enter and track voter data.
- Organize, facilitate, and participate in digital events.
- Given the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of campaign work and events will be conducted remotely, and in-person events will comply with social distancing guidelines.
- All interns are expected to work 10-15 hours per week. (afternoons and evenings).
- All interns are expected to attend a weekly training session on varied campaign topics.
- All interns are expected to be available for the weekend before the election and the day of the election.
- Experience working remotely and familiarity with Zoom and other video conferencing platforms.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Driving is not required but the campaign cannot provide transportation to or from the office or events.
- Given the primarily remote nature of this position, having a laptop, internet access, video-conferencing capability is required.
If you are interested or have any questions please send an email with a resume attached to