Peace Action is the largest grassroots peace and disarmament organization in the country. We are currently working towards a diplomatic solution with North Korea, restricting arms sales and support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen, and working to ease tensions with Iran and Venezuela. Peace Action is looking for people with all levels of political organizing experience to connect with our 100,000 supporters and members on the phone, advance our peace agenda, and rebuild the peace movement. Flexible daytime and evening hours. Women, People of Color and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply. Strong interest in peace/foreign policy issues is a plus. Please attach a cover letter explaining what draws you to this organization.
to find out more about our organization visit www.peaceaction.org
Meals on Wheels San Francisco (MOWSF) provides seniors with what they need to live independent and dignified lives — nutritious meals, professional social work and a friendly visitor. Our network of drivers, social workers, nutritionists, community partners, volunteers, donors, and advocates are a formidable force against senior neglect and malnutrition. We believe in delivering more than a meal – we are nourishing the whole person.
Come join us, we're more than meals. We offer our employees great benefits which includes employer paid medical, dental, vision and generous time off - sick, vacation, holidays and much more!
If you're interested in learning more about our organization, please visit us at www.mowsf.org.
POSITION/TITLE: Assessment Coordinator
STATUS: Regular; Full-Time; Non-Exempt (M-F, occasional Saturday)
Responsible for conducting in-home assessments with homebound senior clients to determine eligibility for the Home Deliver Meal Program. In addition, provide information, referral and/or support services to eligible clients as needed within the organizations guidelines. Assessment Coordinators work closely with the home delivered meal staff to ensure smooth delivery of meal service to clients.
• Two years of hands on experience working with seniors and familiarity with resources for seniors in San Francisco strongly preferred
• A Bachelor’s in Social Work or Gerontology or equivalent work experience
• Ability to work with a diverse community
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team
• Employee should be comfortable with and be able to work independently in the field
• Excellent organization, communication & written documentation skills
• Computer experience required, including Microsoft Office suite and database, preferably Salesforce
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements outlined in Physical Job Description
• Responsible for transportation to and from home visits
• Bilingual/bicultural preferred (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Russian)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Senior Social Worker (Supervisor), and in accordance with the provisions of MOWSF’s Employee Handbook and the Social Work and Case Management Procedures Manuals, the Assessment Coordinator is responsible for:
The position is Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt and is scheduled to work a 40-hour work week (Monday –Friday and occasionally Saturdays).
MOWSF offers a generous benefits package that includes a robust medical (Kaiser), dental (Delta), vision and retirement plans that are paid by the Agency and paid Sick, Vacation (3 weeks), Holiday (10 days), Personal Days (2 days). Other optional fringe benefits in accordance with MOWSF Employee Handbook.
Meals on Wheels is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Part-Time (Up to 15 hours/week) • Starts April 1, 2020, Ends November 15, 2020 • Competitive Pay ($25 / hr) • Work from anywhere in the continental US
Apply here: https://grnh.se/20ca04bb1
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women. In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.We are looking for a motivated Organizing Intern to support a vibrant online community of MoveOn Mobilizers ready to organize and take action in their communities in service of MoveOn’s election and issue campaigns.
A successful candidate will ...
Required skills and experience
Reports to: Volunteer Network DirectorLocation: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States. May require occasional travel. Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Part-time (up to 15 hours per week), $25 per hour, and $175 monthly toward cost of cell phone, internet, and office expenses; home office subsidy also provided. MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Resource Development Associates (RDA) is looking for a leader with strong people and project management skills and a demonstrated commitment, energy, and passion to improving and transforming behavioral health systems and services that serve vulnerable populations. We value experience with non-profit and public sector organizations, particularly local health and human service organizations. The Practice Director is a member of the Leadership Team, providing strategic vision and oversight to partnerships and engagements in the behavioral health field.
Practice Management & Delivery
Benefits of Working at RDA
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line “Practice Director”. This job will remain open until filled. No phone calls please. RDA appreciates each application it receives, but due the volume of responses for positions at RDA, only candidates who best fit the needs of the organization will be contacted.
RDA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equitable and inclusionary hiring practices. We strongly encourage applicants from all cultural backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, genders, and ages to apply.
Save the Redwoods League has been preserving redwood lands for over 100 years, with the mission of protecting and restoring redwood forests and connecting people with their peace and beauty. We're the only organization with the type of comprehensive approach needed to ensure that forests that take one thousand years to grow will be here for another thousand years. As the Major Gifts Officer, you will join the League at an exciting time as we shape the vision for the next century of redwood protection and ensure the philanthropic support necessary to fulfill our ambitious and comprehensive conservation efforts. To learn more about us, go to our website.
Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Officer will actively support Save the Redwoods League's mission by raising funds for land acquisition and restoration, the redwood parks, and our robust science, education and outreach programs. This position is responsible for meeting specific annual revenue goals and contributing to the success of Save the Redwoods League’s major gifts program and the Forever Forest Campaign.
The Major Gifts Officer develops, manages and solicits an active portfolio of up to 150 donors and prospective donors at the $10,000 and above giving level – with particular emphasis on cultivating and soliciting $100,000+ multi-year gifts – to ensure that they are inspired by the League's mission and engaged in supporting the organization. In addition, this position works closely with volunteer and staff leadership, members of the development and conservation programs teams and with other League staff to develop strategic and targeted giving opportunities for major donors.
We provide excellent benefits including paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental, transit benefits, life insurance and a generous 401K!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement individual donor strategies to qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of up to 150 donors and prospective donors who can contribute gifts of $10,000+, with an emphasis on $100,000+, multiyear gifts.
• Work closely with high-level volunteers, senior leadership, members of the development team, and program staff to effectively engage and solicit assigned major donor prospects.
• Make frequent contact with donors including in-person visits, phone calls, e-mail communications and written correspondence to qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors through a moves management process.
• Collaborate with the Director of Major Gifts and Chief Development Officer to design and facilitate solicitations for the CEO, other senior staff, and board members including developing donor briefings for key meetings and solicitations.
• Collaborate with development and program staff, as well as the Campaign Director, to create and present compelling proposals.
• Participate on the Major Gifts Team to help develop campaign goals, strategies, timelines, budgets and compelling gift opportunities, including those related to the League’s Forever Forest Campaign.
• Work with key staff leadership to plan and implement donor tours and small gatherings.
• Participate in Save the Redwoods League events and donor trips as needed.
• Utilize donor database (Raisers Edge) to effectively implement moves management strategies for donors in portfolio.
• A strong commitment to the mission of Save the Redwoods League.
• A minimum of five to seven years successful fundraising experience, including two or more years in major gifts fundraising; proven track record of cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors resulting in five- and six-figure gifts.
• Demonstrated effectiveness working with high-level volunteers.
• Knowledge of development principles, fundraising strategies and ethics, and familiarity with “moves management” donor tracking systems.
• Knowledge of conservation programs preferred.
• Demonstrated cultural competency and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people across cultures, ethnic groups, and identities
• Results-focused self-starter with a collaborative approach and a strong team-oriented style.
• Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to represent the League’s mission and interests to a diverse group of people.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
• Experience planning and staffing major donor events.
• Campaign experience preferred.
• Excellent user of office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and possesses or has regular access to a vehicle
• Frequent travel, primarily within California.
• Some weekend and evening responsibilities.
• Regularly sits at a desk or computer workstation.
• Frequently required to hike through forest land while working off-site including walking on uneven ground, climbing over obstacles, and accessing remote locations
• Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
To Be Considered:
Email your resume, a cover letter addressing why you are a great fit for this role, and your salary expectations to us with the subject heading "Major Gifts Officer."
NO CALLS PLEASE . . . we are busy protecting redwoods. Thank you!
Save the Redwoods League is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fluent English speakers who are bi-or multi-lingual, including indigenous language speakers, are encouraged to apply.
We do love trees here at Forests Forever but that's not all we're fighting for! As part of our campaign outreach you will be working to defend:
Clean Air -- Forests absorb carbon dioxide and air pollutants, lower temperatures with their shade, and add oxygen to the air we breathe.
Clean Water -- Forests impact our water quality by acting as sponges, collecting and filtering rainfall and are the most effective land cover for maintenance of water quality.
Endangered Species -- Habitat loss is probably the greatest threat to the variety of life on this planet today. Forests are home to nearly half of all known species, including 80 percent of biodiversity on the land.
Health, Recreation and Adventure -- Numerous studies have shown that spending time in a forest can reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and anger; strengthen the immune system, and boost overall well-being.
Check out what we have been working on at www.forestsforever.org/campaigns
We are looking for upbeat, personable, articulate individuals to join our grassroots team to effect change on forest issues.
Join the fight to protect our forests!
Grassroots STREET & FIELD Campaign Position
Street and/or field canvassing experience required.
Full Time: Monday-Friday either 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. or 2 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Inform and educate citizens on crucial environmental and forest-related issues.
Inspire citizen activism through petition signing, membership, and letter writing to targeted public officials.
Compensation: $15.59/hr during training; $16.50-$18.00/hr after training; potential for generous bonuses + $600 bonus for making staff!
Full-time staff are eligible for health and dental coverage on a co-pay basis
Upbeat and Fun Work Environment
Generous Paid Time Off (vacation and sick time) PLUS 10 paid holidays per year
Call today and start tomorrow!
Forests Forever is a California non-profit corporation operating under IRS code section 501(c)(4). Our Federal Employer ID Number is 68-0201338.
The Forests Forever Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1998, carries out research, litigation, public education and administrative advocacy. Its Federal Employer ID Number is 94-3244942.
Training Intern (Remote, Temporary 2020)
Part-time • Starts April 1, 2020 - Ends Nov. 15, 2020 • $25/hour Work from Anywhere in the Continental U.S.
To apply: Please go to https://grnh.se/f5a8ec6c1 to submit your resume, cover letter, and an application.
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women.
In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.As a training intern at MoveOn, you will help educate, inspire, and equip MoveOn members around the country to take action through impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, impact the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible.
A successful candidate will have...
Reports to: Training Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States. May require occasional travel.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Part-time (up to 15 hours per week), $25 per hour, a monthly stipend toward cell phone and internet costs and everything you need to work from a home office.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.